September 22, 2014 | 1949 users online

Moisturizers - Nuance by Salma Hayek - AM/PM Anti-Aging Super Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by cappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this after reading positive reviews on the CVS website and seeing Salma Hayek's very honest, very open Youtube videos talking about her skincare line. This is a cream that is best for women in their late thirties and beyond, a time when skin starts becoming noticeably drier or, in my case, developing dry spots. I'm 40+ and this cream would have been too greasy for me ten years ago. But right now, it's perfect. It will be especially great when winter is here.

The first time you apply it (I also apply it on my neck), it will feel very thick, of an odd texture that feels like it will 'ball up,' but take a couple of minutes to patiently massage it in and it will all disappear. The first time I applied it, I woke up the next morning feeling my face and neck were both plump and well moisturized. I would not apply it in the morning, unless you have very dry skin, because I think it might be excessively greasy under makeup. At this point, I'm not sure about its anti-aging qualities since I've been using it for only two weeks.

At first, I was grossed out by the idea of putting my fingers into a pot, but now I can see why -- this cream is too thick for a pump dispenser and that is a good thing because you're getting a really dense cream that moisturizes really well. I went back a couple of days later and bought the AM/PM serum (that's how impressed I was), but the serum is too watery and thin. As for this cream, I will keep buying it when I run out. All in all, a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the very first Nuance Product that I bought and rebought. It's basically the cream that got me addicted to all her products. Her skincare line works very well for my 41 year old, hormonally changing skin that breaks out due to hormones an dehydration very easily. My skin is sensitive and not one of her products has bothered me in the least, but actually has helped heal and repair my skin without causing allergic reactions.

This is a pretty heavy duty moisturizing cream but sinks into my skin very well. It's better than some of the HE creams I have used in the past. It has a nice but not overpowering natural scent that is pleasant. The cream is luxurious and hydrating. Oily skins may find it too hydrating but in the winter when you need hydration and protection, you cannot beat this moisturizer. Like another reviewer I am using the Lumene cocktail under this and it immediately rehydrated and healed my skin from a bad hormonal related breakout. My skin is finally comfortable. I love slathering this on at night and waking up to plump moisturized skin. Yes, it comes in a jar. A lot of really good creams come in jars for a reason. Typically it is because thick creams like this have to be jarred because of certain ingredients and because of texture. It will loose it's creamy gel texture if put in a tube. But I use freshly cleaned hands and one little scoop is enough to spread over my face and neck and then I use the rest on my hands.

Between this cream and the Lumene cocktail this is the most comfortable my skin has been during the winter months. No more breakouts, dehydration or dry patches!!! I cna't say enough about this entire skincare line. It's better than any high end line I have used and I've used Guerlain Orchidee!!!

I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On my second jar of this and I couldn't be happier. Since my skin is dry I use it as a day cream over Lumene C+ Bright Skin Radiance Nectar (during the summer) or Lumene C+ Dry Skin Comfort Radiance Cocktail (during the winter). The combination of the two leaves my skin healthy, hydrated, and happy, which is a big deal because it's normally so freakishly sensitive. I can't really say if it's a great anti-aging product since I'm barely into my 30's and have been a religious user of a retinol night cream (Neutrogena Healthy Skin, for the record) and sunscreen for years, but I do have acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out.

I do wish they'd put it in a tube or pump bottle to better protect the potency of the ingredients, but eh... not much I can do about that. Also, if you find this greasy, try applying a smaller amount to slightly damp skin; it makes a huge difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the small travel sized jar to try and am happy I did. The texture is lovely and sinks in well. I use this mainly at night so I can't say how well it would perform during the day, plus it has no spf. My skin is always left soft and so far I have experienced no breakouts. Perfect to use when my face needs more hydration (I use Olay night cream). I love the ingredient list as well. A pea sized amount is all I need for my face so a jar, even my small jar, will last awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

GREAT overnight cream - refreshing and luxurious. I love the texture of it, and my skin soaks it up every so nicely. Like Other reviewers said, it just melts into the skin...that's a perfect way to describe this cream. I LOVE it! Her skincare line is top notch!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just bought this last week and love it. It really melts in to your skin quickly and you can just feel your face drink it up. Leaves a nice soft feel as well. This does not work for me during the day, but for night time, I am loving it. Thanks, Salma!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sabiveli

This cream is amazing. It melts into your skin. Smells nice and I have no break outs. It doesn't leave the greasy feeling. I use am/pm serum under.
Overall I am very satisfied with Nuance line. High quality products for very affordable price, that smell nice and work too. I am a fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by hotmess

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this entire line! Feels like expensive luxury lines and works just as well, if not better! This cream goes on great and penetrates the skin quickly. Its not greasy or heavy. I wear it to bed. I hate the feeling of a sticky face and the oils going onto my pillow cases. This is a perfect night cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great nighttime cream. It feels and smells quite luxurious. I Since there is no SPF, I skip it for daytime use. It is a bit thick but not oily and does not just sit on top of my skin. It sinks in so I wake with a glowing face. The smell is nice but does not linger. Contains lots of oils [ Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)]. Also not crazy about the jar container. I use mini spatulas for products in jars. I prefer this night cream to the Renewed Radiance Nutrifying Night Cream, shich contains a "Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil".

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by glossnmascaragal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cream is very heavy, but my skin drinks it up within minutes. A little goes a LONG way. Two teeny little dabs is all that it takes for my entire face, and like others, I've found that applying to a slightly damp face makes application easier. If you use more than needed, you may end up breaking out like I did after the first time. It's very important not to go overboard.

I've been using this cream for over a month and it really does help improve skin texture. My face looks bright and rosy after massaging it in and it FEELS great. Don't let the bad reviews veer you away from purchasing this cream, it really is top notch. You just have to remember that less is more. : )