October 25, 2014 | 1482 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Carbonized

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Zoeharris

I wouldn't buy this product again. The colour does have a nice gold undertone and looks really great in the pot but it come out really subtle and light and is really hard/impossible to add to the colour and make it more darker and in depth. There's nothing terribly wrong with the product if you want a really subtle colour that looks like your not wearing anything but it is not what I wanted from the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Viviana25

This eyeshadow, its formulation and color was what I was dreaming for years from MAC. Is the perfect shiny dark brown so smooth like butter. I actually got a back up due it is Limited edition. This is a must have!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by DomiEmi

I love this eyeshadow! I have been using it since it came out, 3 weeks ago? I was very addicted to UD for years, but discovered MAC this Spring. I am thinking about going back for a "back up". I know that this eyeshadow is LE, but do they ever bring these colors back to repromote? If so how many years do you have to wait?
I love browns, but I do not have any color close to this one. It goes with all colors, and looks better on the lid then in the container. If you think you have a color similar, think again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

I fell in love with this color when I first saw a swatch of it online. Swatched side-by-side, Carbonized looks nearly identical to Centre Stage (LE Mega Metal eyeshadow released with the Peacocky collection), except that Centre Stage has a metallic finish and is slightly more reddish. I wore Femme Fi with Carbonized on one eye and Centre Stage on the other to a work picnic. I thought they looked pretty similar as I was rushing out the door, and I'm sure my less-discerning-when-it-comes-to-makeup co-workers didn't notice, but when I got home and looked in the mirror again, I could definitely tell that I was wearing two different eyeshadows! Twinks, which I also love, is similar but lighter and plummier. I've had Mulch and Sable in the past but got rid of them because I didn't like how they looked on me. NC30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeshadow, probably is my favorite in my collection. Im NW50 so I use this all over the lid everyday and it looks so amazing, very natural. I think I might pick up a back up because I would be very sad if I ever ran out of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the LAST one of these at the MAC counter nearest me and I am so glad I bought it. It really was the last one and not a sales pitch as I saw the SA remove the tester from the display as I was leaving the store. I was a bit hesitant to purchase it at first, since I already own Mulch, Twinks, Centre Stage and so many other MAC shadows that are "pretty close". But Carbonized is not the same as any of these other very good shadows. It is a perfect very rich brown with a flattering golden/bronzey sheen. Applies and blends beautifully and wears very well (over a base, of course). Makes for a great simple brown smokey eye that looks sexy but not overpowering, and is great smudged at the outer corner with a nude/neutral lid colour. It is so sultry and gorgeous smudged under the lower lashes. A great shadow in a sultry, deep brown that I think anyone could wear, whatever their eye colour and skin tone. If you can still get this, give it a try. I've yet to actually finish a MAC eyeshadow but Carbonized (together with Prepped for Glamour) might be the first!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by biddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am loving this e/s!! I was waiting for Mac to release a shimmered version of my beloved Showstopper and this is it! I've been wearing it in the crease with Malt as a base all over the lid and up to the browbone, I darken the outer part of my lid with Courdaroy then pop Carbonized in the crease, I line the lower lashline with duck e/l and top lash line with blacktrack fluidline, I've worn this look all week which never happens with me due to having a fairly large collection. This colour is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm always drawn to neutral colors, so I've got a myriad of brown eyeshadows in my collection. But the second I heard the description of this color (way back when MAC first announced the collection) I knew I had to get it. This is probably the most perfect rich, dark chocolatey brown color ever created--and I've got a lot to compare it to. The texture is like butter and the shimmer is so fine that it makes the color pop and shine, not sparkle like a disco ball. It's looked stunning with every eyeshadow I've paired it with so far. I was even contemplating purchasing Mythical as well, though reds make me look like I got punched in the eye, just because they looked so gorgeous together. I'm tempted to buy a backup just because I'm worried that it won't be repromoted if I ever run out...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by adelphigrad04

I have been waiting for this color to hit the MAC stores since I read about the MAC Me Collection on the makeup blog sites. This color is stunning! I describe it as a beautiful dark brown with shimmer, the shimmer does not overpower the eyeshadow. Some of my friends did not initially see the true beauty of Carbonized (if you own one dark brown shadow with shimmer/glitter than you own them all, right......WRONG......BIG WRONG! LOL). Once they swatched the color they saw how impressive this e/s really is. This color is gorgeous and blends very easily. Carbonized is my HG e/s for my crease ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome eyeshadow from the MAC Me Over collection! When I bought Mulch, I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting a darker brown eyeshadow. This is the perfect DARK brown shimmery eyeshadow (not shimmery medium brown eyeshadows that seem to permeate the MAC permanent collection). The best way to describe this is that this is a combination of Bronze and Twinks "carbonized" with black. The VP formula makes this go on super smooth. I would buy a back up, but because I have over 100 MAC eyeshadows, it takes me years to go though even one of my favourite colors. I'm sure MAC will re-release this one, or something similiar in the future. There's certainly other colours similar to this one out there, but for all the MAC eyeshadow collectors like myself, this is definitely unique!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No