October 25, 2014 | 1733 users online

Moisturizers - Physicians Formula - Wrinkles Corrector and Firming Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the Wrinkle Corrector and Firming Moisturizer SPF 15. I disd write a review for the day/night deep wrinkle as well. This one comes in a nifty pump, love the packaging. This smells a bit like sunscreen, I like the smell personally but if you don't, that's what it smells like. I think it's fairly emollient for a day cream, which I love as I have dry skin. I've had great luck with the kit I purchased so I can't say which product or a combination of them brought results but I do love this. Not sure it would be great on oily skin but I'm not sure it was meant for oily skin? Not that people with oily skin don't have aging issues but generally speaking,the base of anti-aging products seem to be formulated for normal to dry skin. I did wear this under MAC SFF yesterday, in Pueblo, it was blistering hot and sunny. I didn't burn after 5 hours at the fair, my makeup didn't oxidize or look oily at all, which often happens with some lotions with an SPF. Like I said in my day/night cream review, my skin looks really great, even though it's only been two weeks, it states on the box....look 6 years younger in 4 weeks. So far, so good! I did mention in my other review that I bought it because it said "cosmeceutical" on the box, I used N.V. Perricone, didn't love but do love Answers from Nature (same ingredients basically but worked so much better on my skin). These are different ingredients. It has algae (makes me think of La Mer), peptides...It's working really well for me, didn't love it the first day but stuck it out and now I'm very happy! Like I said in the other review, try it, stick it out for 4 weeks and then see if you love it or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by BazookaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product may work really well for some people, but it absolutely did not work for me.

A bit about my skin: I am twenty-seven, but up until very recently I never really bothered with a skin care routine. I have never been plagued by acne, just mild blackheads and the occasional zit here or there, so it just wasn't something that occurred to me that I should do. Then I turned twenty-seven, realized I am three years away from thirty, and decided (read: mid-twenties crisis) I needed to do something with myself while my skin is still "good," so that I don't have to do something drastic when I get older (at least I hope that's how this works.)

I'm frugal, and while I _can_ spend an exorbitant amount of money on something, I don't really _want_ to if I can help it. As I said, I'm new to the beauty game, and my skin is combination and can't really decide what it wants to do most days. My skin is also very sensitive and in the case of finding something it doesn't like, it will break out into lovely little hives on my cheekbone areas, which is something I want to avoid if at all possible. The last thing on my checklist was something that would help combat wrinkles - something I don't have except a couple fine lines under my eyes that I had just discovered.

This moisturizer fit the bill, or so I thought. I found it at Ulta, on sale, and my mother uses the redness relief formula to great success so I thought, why not?

The my favorite things about it were the packaging, and of course, the price. I really love the PF products pump canisters. I also like that I can go pick it up locally if I want to at the target or walmart around the corner from my house if I can't get out to Ulta across town. The color is kind of purple tinted which I thought was pretty, but unless your skin is orange it's not going to really neutralize anything (and I'm very pale).

Then there's everything else (the stuff I don't like). It smells like cheap sunscreen and is very thick, it sits heavy on the skin and takes a while to absorb. I used it diligently for a week, in the morning when I got up and in the evenings before bed. It worked OK with keeping my skin nice and soft, no dry patches in my t-zone, and then exactly one week later I put it on and my face felt like it was on fire. It had broken my cheekbones out in hives worse than I've ever had them before. I washed my face again (I use Philosophy's Purity, which is the bomb) to get it off and threw it away.

As I said before, this stuff may work for some folks but it certainly didn't for me. I think if you have skin that's more on the dry side, and not so prone to weird reactions, maybe you'll have a better experience. As for myself, I'm going to just bite the bullet and visit Clinique or Estee Lauder and see if they have something for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by missmooxbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

While hunting for a good day moisturizer, I was super excited to have found this at my local CVS mainly because:

(1) The packaging was done really well - it's not heavy duty by any means, but it had a simple design and a pump that is extremely easy to control

(2) I've had really good luck with a lot of Physician's Formula makeup, so I assumed that I'd get the same result from their skincare.

(3) Although this was originally priced at $19.99 , CVS had a $10 extrabuck promotion, so I essentially paid only $9.99 for this product.

Unfortunately, this product was a miss for me and I predict that it will be for people with combination/oily skin.

This moisturizer feels, smell (strongly), and looks like heavy duty sunscreen (which I find really weird because it only contains SPF 15, so it's not even a high SPF). It's a little bit on the thicker side and takes a little more effort to blend into the skin. It also takes a lot longer to fully sink in to your skin; and when it finally does, it leaves that sunscreen "sheen" that I can appreciate in some areas of my face, but not all over - it just makes me look like a total grease ball! I also noticed that I got a lot oilier throughout the day with this product on and it just made my makeup deteriorate a lot faster.

This moisturizer seriously feels like Physician's Formula repackaged a cheap sunscreen, slapped on a few statistics, and called it an anti-aging moisturizer. As far as anti-aging goes, I have no comment because I stopped using it after a week (yes, I suffered using this product for an entire week because I kept hoping it will somehow get better); however, even as a basic moisturizer this product fails to deliver as I find that I need more moisture when using this on it's own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product from Physicians Formula and I don't think I'm the only one who thinks so as it's so freakin' hard to find. I had to go to 3 different walmarts (the only local store I've found that carries it) because they were sold out. You can also order it online from walmart but I didn't want to wait. I use this moisturizer in the morning, before makeup but after the serum in the same product line. It's creamy and moisturizing and has no fragrance. The no fragrance thing bothers me, I like my cosmetics to be scented, but so far this works so well that I'm going to overlook that fact. The packaging is awesome in this line, the bottles are very pretty and I like my moisturizers in a pump, the product stays cleaner and more stable that way. It also looks pretty on my bathroom cabinet. Not sure how well it frims wrinkles, I haven't found anything short of plastic surgery that does anything really noticeable but I do think my skin looks more radiant and my makeup goes on very smoothly. So happy and will continue to buy. Highly recommend for aging, dry skin.