September 17, 2014 | 1971 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was color-matched to Studio Skin in 3.4 at Sephora; I walked away with samples of 3.3 and 3.4, both of which lasted me quite a while. I haven't bought the foundation yet because I'm trying to use up make-up before I buy any more, but it's definitely on my list. It's kind of like the L'Oreal True Match or Bobbi Brown liquid foundations in that it's water-based and thin and can be built up, although it is a little bit thicker than both of those, so it goes on with a smoother finish. For reference, I am around NC45/NW40, and both 3.3 and 3.4 were good matches for me. While they both run pretty yellow, they also had a nice olive undertone that fit my skin very naturally.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

For reference: I have an oily t-zone and hyper pigmentation, also I get the occasional breakouts. I have used the shade 1.2. which looks a little too yellow for my skin tone (pale) but looks good once applied.
This is a great foundation! First of all, hallelujah for the packaging which comes with a pump. Easy and hygenic. I have for a long time used Estee Lauder Double Wear, but since they discontinued my shade (Shell) in my country I've been looking for a similar one in staying power. This is it! it's a little bit cheaper (around 10 euros less) than the Double Wear and is almost as good in staying in place and not melting off during the day. It dries fast so be quick with the application. I find that I get the best result when I use a damp beauty blender. I don't have to do much touchups during the day, maybe 1 or 2 which is good for me. It is medium coverage, but is buildable as long as you are quick. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this foundation really took me by surprise because i wasnt expecting much honestly. actually was pretty unbiased but it was alot better than ithought it was going to be. it was very moisturizing and it really did last a long time. the coverage was great but it did become a little too heavy for everyday use. its definitley a winter foundation. i wouldnt buy it again only because i dont need something so heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by christygali

I love this foundation! I'm in the shade 2.4 (NC 37). I have combination oily skin so this foundation works great for that. the liquid consistency is not to thick, it's runny but not as much as MAC face and body. medium, buildable coverage. I use 3 pumps and it's enough to cover any imperfections. I apply it first with a foundation brush, then with a damp beauty blender I use patting motions to blend it in. I love the finish, to me its semi-matte. even though I have oily skin I do not like matte foundations, they feel to heavy on me. this foundation matifies me enough to control my oil and it feels pretty light. I also use a primer under it to help it stay on better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

Definitely not in love with this foundation. I've been experimenting with it off and on for the last year, and each time I'm not satisfied with the result. I have combination/oily and clog-prone skin. I like foundations with medium to full coverage, satin or matte finish, and longwearing. This sounded like it would be perfect for me.

To start off, the texture is very thick, almost glue-like. Yet, it doesn't provide the kind of coverage you would expect. It's thick but hardly covered any of my redness and slight imperfections. I literally had to use about three layers in some areas to get the coverage I wanted, and at which point, looked quite heavy on the skin. I only need one layer with Estee Lauder Double Wear or Guerlain Parure Gold to get fuller coverage. It does start off as being 'hydrating' on the skin with a satiny finish, however once it is set with powder (which I always do with my foundations) and it sits on the skin for a few hours, it literally feels like drying cement on the skin, more than any other longwearing foundation I've tried except for MAC Pro Longwear, which is basically a dupe of this.

Now because I have oily skin, I can forgive these things IF it at least wore well on my skin, but it ends up separating and looking cakey on the skin very quickly. I was so embarrassed at work. I tried to touch it up to fix it, and with horror realized that it was so set into the skin that it was impossible to do without removing my entire face, so I was left with cakey patches of foundation. I might also add that many of the colors are very orange-leaning, such as my color 1.2 which is around an NC20. So basically, foundation fail for me. I will say though that it DID manage to remain on my cheeks by the end of the day, with my blush still intact. Perhaps it would work better for young and poreless skin. I much prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear or Guerlain Tenue de Perfection/Parure Gold for longwearing options.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Briiii123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ughhhh I tried this foundation in three colors and none of them matched my skin tone. I'm normally a NW15 or N20 in Mac products so I didn't think I would have too hard of a time with finding this color. I was Matched as a 2.4 in Sephora and it made me look like an orange. So I went down to a 2.2, same thing. I tried 1.1 and it completely washed my face out white. Just not a good range, I ended up going with Estée Lauder Double Wear which is fantastic, and really does last all day long!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't a fan of this foundation. It seems very thick when you pump it out of the bottle yet it didn't have much coverage which was strange. It also looked very orange on the skin. For the hefty price I was expecting more. It did last long but it didn't give me the full coverage I wanted or the desired finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by aroraaros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I'm currently on my second bottle of this stuff and I love it,I apply with a sponge to get it completely even and flawless looking.I find that studio skin holds up to the extremely hot and humid south african climate,the only downside is the price at R480 a bottle its pricey and does not last as long as it should,compared MAC prolong wear its pretty much the same except prolong is abit more sticky in formula,I actually use studio skin mixed with Mac prolong wear it works perfectly it lasts me more than 12 hours,I do have very dry skin to counter the dry factor I use a good moisturiser under the product,something that's light because heavy moisturiser tend to reduce the lasting power of the foundation,also studio skin tends to settle into the fine lines so the trick I use to counter this is use fix+ over it to set it,making it look dewy instead of dry,its the best longwear foundation I've found so far and I'm going to keep repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up the shade 1.2 I'm a mac nc20 I could have gone up a shade but the shade up had more pink tones ... I have really oily skin and I heard this foundation has great lasting power ..it doesn't look cakey at all the consistency is thin and I find I need about 3-4 pumps i use this with a beauty blender ..it leaves you with a matte finish If your not very oily you could skip using powder ..it is full coverage and I love how light weight it feels on my skin considering it's full coverage I cannot feel it on my skin ..however the longest it lasted on my skin was 8 hrs before I started getting oily ..i used this in very hot weather and it did not budge even after I touched my face a billion times due to my allergies.. I would say this is worth the money.. Not too sure how this would be if you have dry skin though ..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by doylineaerogurl15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first high end foundation. I usually use department store (I.e. Neutrogena, Revlon, covergirl, etc) foundation and powder. However, I wanted something that would truly last the whole day without touch ups for my super oily face.... And smashbox definitely has! I love it! It doesn't "look" any different at first application than department store makeup, however, it stays flawless the whole 15 hours without getting cakey. I love it and will continue to use this for a long time.