Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

I wanted to like this foundation so, so badly. I've dedicated the last 10 years of my life to finding the perfect foundation for my oily but very clear skin and I had high hopes for this. I got colour matched to 1.1 in Boots (which is perfect) and couldn't wait to try a full face at home. That's when things started going horribly wrong! I tried applying it with a brush over a moisturised face and Illamasqua Matte Veil and it was really difficult to blend well. I never suffer from caking on my face (with foundations from YSL, L'Oreal, Revlon, Max Factor... all good) but this foundation cakes in the weirdest places, especially between my jaw line and cheek. I tried to set everything with some powder and things got worse - my whole face look super streaky and the powder settled really weirdly on my nose, creating a thick, mask-like effect but with clear dots where my pores are. WHAT? So much so that I had to wipe that area clean and try again. I found the consistency super sticky as well.

I decided to give it another try today with some of Boots No 7 primer underneath. It still took ages to get my face looking half decent (with a blender this time) and things got so much worse when I got to work. It's super warm here today and my walk to work takes about 35 minutes. By the time I got here my face was shinier than ever and when I went to try and fix things my whole face smeared uncontrollably. Have you see the movie Bean where Mr Bean messes up Whistler's Mother's face BIG TIME with paint stripper. Yeah - that was me this morning. I just didn't know how to fix it - even blotting with some tissue paper caused chaos.

God loves a trier and 3rd time works a charm so I might give this one more chance (no primer/apply with fingers, setting spray not powder??). I'll update if so. But for now, I just do not know what to do with it and my 27 years on this planet and all the make-up know-how can't seem to help me.

on 6/26/2015 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My all time favourites are usually the nars sheer glow and estee lauder double wear foundation but I'm always eager to try out different foundations as I am prone to acne and have very oily skin, so after seeing the good reviews about the smashbox foundation I thought I'd pop into the local boots to get a colour match and a sample...

The lady at the smashbox counter was extremely helpful and polite, she colour matched me to shades 1.1 and 1.2 (which was far to pale for me) I believe I would be a 1.3 if colour matched correctly. However she gave me 2 samples of the 1.1, 1.2 and the iconic smashbox photo finish primer. When I got home I was very eager to try the primer along with the foundation... All I can say is what an absolute disaster!!

I prepped my skin, washed, toned, moisturised, applied the photo finish primer.. I then used my real techniques expert face brush to apply the foundation.. It was so thick in consistency and very difficult to apply. However I continued to apply it. It felt really heavy on my face (a lot heavier than the EL double wear), it felt sticky and it didn't set correctly on my face.. It already started to crack and I only had it on my face for 2 minutes :-O!! I have mild acne and oily skin.. and it didn't do any favours to hide this..it seemed to almost highlight my acne and when I tried to apply more for a bit of extra coverage it just cracked around my spots and looked absolutely dreadful :-(!! (DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN)!!!!

However I weren't going anywhere special so I decided to apply my MAC finishing power and blush to see how it would be with the foundation... This ended up in a disaster as well as the blush ended up cracking because of the foundation :-@ .. I then wore the foundation for approx 4-5 hours .. By this point it looked dreadful, my skin looked dull, my face looked cakey, the blusher was uneven because of the foundation, my skin was sticky it felt like I was wearing a mask!!

It was a massive struggle to get this foundation off my skin.. I washed my skin twice, I used a makeup wipe and toned. I woke up the next day, had a shower, washed my face again and toned.. THERE WAS STILL FOUNDATION ON MY FACE... it was on the cotton wool pad !!

This is a terrible foundation !! and for the steep price tag I would say it is definitely NOT worth the money!! I would say its worth £5.00 max .. and even then I wouldn't purchase it!

Steer clear from this foundation especially for acne prone, oily skin

on 6/19/2015 5:28:00 AM

I have dry skin mostly, I usually just have dry patches all around my nose area and forehead. Now, I love a full coverage foundation but most you find are matte and that just emphasis my dry patches. I decided to try this foundation despite it being oil free and it has become my holy grail! My skin looks flawless, my dry patches are hidden, it's lasts all day, and works wonders with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. Despite me getting the lightest shade (1.1) it is still a tad too orange on my skin but once I contour, you would never know. Don't hesitate to buy this like I did, because I would say it works for all skin types and is amazing!

I have to say i really love this foundation. I would say i'm fair-medium and have the colour 1.1 and that colour matches my skintone perfectly. This foundation is by far the best foundation i've ever tried. It's really easy to apply. I'm applying it with a BB cream brush/foundation brush wich is really working. The result is clean and it dosen't look like you're wearing alot of makeup. It stays on your face all day like it says on the packaging. However i wouldn't recommend this product for those of you who have alot of acne or acne scars then this foundation isn't giving you that full coverage that you maybe want. But for you who have perfect skin or just a few pimples i would highly recommend this product. The price is pretty high, but it's worth the money. I bought this product for 40 $ at a store called kicks.

on 6/13/2015 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is hands down the best foundation I've tried so far.

I went out to get a new foundation for my high school grad events. At the store I tried matching multiple foundations to my skin but had little luck finding a match for my extremely fair but yellow toned skin. Every clinique shade in their new foundation I tried was way too pink for example. I was then recommended by a sales person to try this smashbox foundation because its lack of spf would make it photograph well and we found within moments that shade 1.2 was a perfect match.

I wore this to my valedictory night and it blended in beautifully applied with a stippling brush and buffing motions. It has a matte finish that somehow did not make me look patchy or drier than I actually am in my dry areas. Just looks like my skin but better. I would say that with the foundation on its own the coverage is around medium. For my graduation I put a layer of mac concealer over my blemishes and then applied the foundation and got what I'd consider a full coverage look. It still looked the same as it did when I first applied it upon coming home from the event hours after first doing my makeup. Did not oxidize or transfer. I'm very impressed because many foundations turn into shiny oil slicks on my nose after only a few hours.

I really like the packaging, It is glass which makes it look nice and classy and has a pump which makes it sanitary and convenient. The pump is also very controllable. Not at all like that one mac concealer pump... you know that one where you press as gently as you can and nothing happens until you suddenly the pump reaches this point of no return and a giant glob of concealer comes out. Nah, just exactly how much you want comes out.

The only con for me so far is the price. I paid around 50 Canadian dollars for this when my former HG foundation (it was covergirl 3 in 1 even though there isn't a perfect shade for me in that line) was only around 13 dollars. Its worth the splurge in my opinion as long as this bottle lasts me for the rest of the year because its the closest match to my skin colour I've ever had and also because I haven't had any other foundation look this good and be this long wearing at the same time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is definitely one of my favorite foundations that I have ever tried, and believe, me, I have tried a LOT. I love this because it is very blendable and seamless on the skin, yet has amazing medium-full coverage. Not to mention has some insane lasting power, so it's perfect for the warmer months. I also love how it is oil-free and doesn't make me shiny but still provides moisture to the skin. The only downside I would have to say is that the shade range isn't that great. If you're very fair, I think 1.1 would be too dark for you. 1.1 is a bit too dark for me in the winter so I tend to use it mainly in the summer. I can still use it in the winter because it isn't orange at all and I can make it work, but I still wish they offered lighter shades in the range because this is honestly such a great product.

on 5/28/2015 6:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorite foundations. I currently have a few different foundations in rotation, but I'm pretty sure this is the one I'm going to be repurchasing when everything is said and done.

It's extremely long-lasting on my combo/oily skin, and gives good coverage without looking too cakey (although I do find that it looks cakey if I try to build up the coverage into multiple layers). It oxidizes a little but not too badly. Transferring is very minimal. I really like the packaging, particularly the pump; keeps everything hygienic, and it's easy to pump out just a tiny bit of product if you don't need a full pump.

I'm a bit confused by Smashbox's claim that this foundation is "hydrating". While it's not as drying as many other long-wearing foundations, I definitely don't think it would be a good product for someone with dry skin who is looking for extra moisture.

on 5/23/2015 12:38:00 PM

I've struggled with acne all my life. I'm also pretty fair and sometimes have trouble finding a color that's light enough to blend well with my natural skin tone. The first time I tried this product, I loved the coverage and match to my skin tone so much that I bought multiple bottles because I had a discount code.

Well, then I started to break out really bad and blamed the foundation. I thought that maybe the coverage was too thick & heavy and was clogging my pores. I stopped using it and jumped between other foundations and started seeing a dermatologist. I don't know if the foundation was truly to blame or not.

After my acne was under control, I remembered I still had bottles of this foundation left from my prior spree and went back to it again. I'm totally back in love. Not breaking out and have fabulous coverage, tone, lasting power, etc. It really is my dream foundation. The only time I don't like to use it is if I feel like I will look too made up for a situation like the beach or weekend errands. Other than that it's my daily driver. You do have to take it easy though because while you can build coverage very easily you can also easily go overboard and it's noticeable.

I use the lightest shade, 1.1. I prime with Urban Decay prep spray, the moisturizer recommended by my dermatologist (EltaMD SPF 46) and Urban Decay primer potion and finish with Urban Decay powder and De-Slick setting spray. I super duper love Urban Decay if you can't tell but just couldn't enjoy their foundation as much as this one.

Only knocking it down to a 4 instead of a 5 because I'm still not sure that it would be working for me if I wasn't under the care of a dermatologist.

on 5/18/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried it for about 3 weeks and it just didn't work out for me. I have oily, acne-prone skin. But it was recommended to me at Sephora mainly to cover my acne scars. I had my acne under control but after using this foundation i actually started to brake out again!! It is buildable medium to full coverage but I literally had to cake on several layers to be able to cover my scars and new pimples so you could actually tell I was wearing a lot of makeup which is not pretty at all. Two things i did like was it matched my skin perfectly, which is another thing I have a hard time finding and it did last me all day and did not start melting away with my oily skin like alot other products i tried. So i guess it would work great for somebody with not so many issues with their skin.

on 5/8/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff broke me out. It gave me closed comedones as early as first use! Aside from that, I don't know what about it is "hydrating". It feels like a thin layer of clay mask is sitting on my face when I wear this. Not nice at all. I just wasted money.