April 25, 2014 | 1064 users online

Mascara - Nuance by Salma Hayek - Ultra Defining Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by empresswu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can I give this a zero? Waste of money, everything you look for in a mascara is not found here. The wand is the best thing. I am Asian so my lashes are about non existent. Ultra Defining in the sense it deposits lots of color but in no time at all I had horrible dark smudge spots under my eyes - like I've been punched my Floyd Mayweather- he's a famous boxer. I tried to like this mascara because I don't like to waste money but I threw it away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Since my favourite mascara was discontinued I've been casting around for a replacement and picked up this. I should say that I'm a huge fan of this line. I adore their haircare and skincare products as well as the foundation primer and tinted moisturizer. But this mascara made my eyes itch and burn like crazy. I had to wash it off about an hour after applying because I just couldn't deal with it. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlygem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually love this mascara. The little brush gets every lash and gives wonderful length with no clumping or flakes. Two coats will give you plenty of volume if you are looking for thicker lashes. It's a nice dark glossy black too. I will definately be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this some time ago, and decided to use it today. It's not the best, but certainly not the worst. It does lengthen and define, although the applicator can pick up more mascara then you would ever use....you have to wipe it back into the container, which I don't like to do. I might put up with it tho, because I love the applicator. It's very thin, almost no bristles, but it does have some very small areas with very short bristles. This is great for getting very close to the base of your lashes, and makes it easy to tease invisable lashes out, It didn't clump very much, and wasn't too wet, thick or gloppy, It held a curl ok, and lasted most of the day with no flaking or smudging and isn't crispy or too waxy. The only issue was the amount of product on the wand. It did make my stumpy lashes look long and did add a little volume, and worked great on bottom lashes. The wand is great for control. If they would work on the amount of product dispensed...it would actually be almost an HG. I'd buy again, but I'm still looking.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Kklaz

I have tried about a million mascaras. I'm always looking for something new and better. I was actually shopping for a new nail polish, when I spotted this mascara. It was a tiny little display, and a miracle I even saw it. But I thought, hey, why not! Well, I must have gotten a defective tube, because there was nothing that wiped the brush as it was pulled out. The entire wand and brush was covered in mascara, like I had dipped it in a paint bucket. I couldn't believe it! I'm going to try and exchange it. Hope it was just that tube!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by amyjmeeks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This mascara made my eyes burn. I have never had a bad reaction to mascara so I assumed that I had a horrible eye allergy. My eye doctor had no explanation for the problem. I finally put it all together and I realized that it was a mascara I had never used before. As soon as I stopped using the product, my eyes stopped burning.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by RubyskyXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara does what it says. It lengthened my eyelashes. It was noticable at the ends and it neatly defined them. It makes my eyelashes softer than some other mascaras. I only gave it 4 out of 5 because its not waterproof. If you already have sparse eyelashes and looking for a fuller effect, this may not be a good choice but worth trying.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Define-a-Lash (green tube from Maybelline) does the same thing that this does. The size of the brush is perfect for defining each lash adding the look of longer lashes. So, don't let the brush fool you when you first see it. However ... my all time favorite mascara for longer-looking lashes is Double Extend BeautyTubes by Loreal. It's worth checking out but you have to forget every other experience you've had with mascaras that incorporate a seperate primer. It's been my HG mascara ever since it came out even though I enjoy trying others from time to time based on reviews that catch my eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by myzp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY mascara that has EVER worked for me. Ever. I have thin, stubby, pretty much non-existent asian lashes, and this wonderful mascara is the first to bring them out. Plus, the Nuance line is cruelty free and has pretty fair ingredients = major win! The mascara lengthens but doesn't volumize so much 'cuz it's not purposed for that. It does its overall job with separating and adding a coat of color to my lashes, which is all that I've ever wanted. In my history of trying a plethora of fail-mascaras from 95% of DS brands, I've finally encountered THE ONE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 6:43:00 AM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely amazing...no clumping..not for volume but for length...it is the best.....love this line!!