October 26, 2014 | 1633 users online

Eye Shadow - Too Faced - poison orchid

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I didn't like this eyeshadow. It is really unpigmented and boring. In the pot it looks this amazing gorgeous purple, but when applied it just a plain wash of light purple with a bit of shimmer. I wish I returned it but oh well

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Something about the lighting in Sephora stores is very deceiving! I couldn't believe my eyes when I swatched this color in the store. It was the most beautiful, vibrant, sparkly purple-lilac shade. I got it immediately even though I'm not a big Too Faced fan and it was really pricey at $18. It was unlike any color I'd seen before. But when I got home, it was totally different! The charcoal color really came through more than the purple sparkle. I kept trying to apply more and more product to get it to look the same as it did in the store, with no luck. At this point the eyeshadow looks super used and abused because I was swatching it so much in my desperation! Finally I tried it over my Tarte smodereyes eyeshadow pencil in Violet (which is honestly the most vibrant purple I own and I should have just been happy with that!). FINALLY that got the color of this shadow to come out as it did in the store, when layered over this pencil as a base. It looks really pretty this way, so I'm keeping it. But beware... this shade is deceiving! The other shades in this line were really pretty and not as complex as this one with its charcoal base, so those would probably not have the same problem of looking really different when swatched in the store. One color they had is an exact dupe for MAC club (or the WnW comfort zone palette shade that is also a Club dupe). The shade Mushroom was a really gorgeous champagne shade that was sold out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by NatureGerbil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although on the expensive side, this shade from Too Faced is awesome. A deep charcoal-purple with intense violet shimmer it is one of the sparkliest eyeshadows I've seen that doesn't have large glitter issues. It's not gritty in the slightest and can be put on sheerly to pigmented. Plus I love the name and the cute flower shaped package! Not to mention Too Faced is a cruelty-free company which always earns points in my book.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I echo the other reviewers' comments that this is a very complex purple shade. In the pot, it gleams like the most brilliant amethyst, a truly rich royal purple color. However, it is not that pigmented. The color is actually rather light upon first application and requires a few swipes. Poison Orchid comes out as a warm gray-based eggplant with an extraordinarily pretty purple and pink shimmer. This may sound overly poetic, but think of a dusky purple sunset in the city and this is the shade. The only reason why this doesn't get five stars from me is the shimmer tends to flake. So, by the end of the day, you will end up with very tiny glitter on your upper cheekbones or elsewhere on your face. Fine for evening, but maybe not great during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by barbraella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ever since i discovered too faced i fell in love with the brand,but since i live in australia and the fact that alot of cosmetic brands are far more expensive here than say in the us, too faced is a brand that i can only get once in a blue moon.Recently while at myer in sydney i saw the new eyeshadows out and instantly was drawn to the shade called poison orchid which is a black amethyst colour but what really got my attention was that it was kind of holographic effect which really did change colours in the light from black to purple,pink then even green,so of course even though it cost me more than what i usually pay for a single eyeshadow it was all worth it !,once you apply it is the most beautiful shade you have ever seen and if you have green or hazel eyes this will make them look gorgeous.also the staying power is excellent and is best to apply wet though since it is a very intense colour you should get a good result dry,i will get this again because it is such a original colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have not been a fan of Too Face eyeshadows because their colors have never really attracted me. Recently they have revamped their single/duos. I think the line is called "color intense exotic". The texture of the individual shades seem to vary. There is a white shade which seems to be very crumbly. In other shades the color payoff is not great, but there is one shade that hits the money. It is a gorgeous complex shade of a deep violet purple. When you stroke some on your wrist to examine the color, as you turn your wrist back and forth the color changes in the most extraordinary way. I am lemming this one to make a smoky purple eye and since I have green eyes this would be a good choice. And I am also lemming MUFE's new purple mascara to pair this up with. Check this color out before it disappears.