September 22, 2014 | 2193 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 Mirage Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by mranellucci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Mirage.. The first eye palette I ever bought, and I still use! It is the perfect palette as an "introduction" to eyeshadows. Of course, you won't get a MAC colour payoff with all the shadows but it is a damn good palette for it's price! I like most of these shadows, I've hitted the pan on quite a few but there are some colours I never used. I am not the type of girl who uses bright red eyeshadows. But if you want to have fun and start to experiment with eye makeup, Mirage might be just the right palette for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette contains an array of eyeshadow colors. If you owned this and nothing else, you would be all set. That being said, most of the colors are nicely pigmented, however a few are a bit flakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Attention green eyed, warm skinned ladies!! Let me start by saying that I do own most of the "Coastal Scents" palettes including the warm, metallic, the originals, neutral and blush /eyeshadow combo etc. I've had this one for about a week now and I must say that it is by far my favorite one. The shades work beautifully with my green eyes and pale, warm skin as most of the shades are warm. Many of them are unique in that they do not appear in the other palettes. There are alot of red toned, browns, amber, gold and bronzes which I love. The consistency of these are smooth, buttery and very pigmented (save a few of the lighter shades) which leads me to believe that I received a "fresh" palette as some do complain about pigmentation. Also, as others have stated - these palettes are available from EBAY for much less money than ordering through Coastal Scents - I did purchase mine through CS as they were having a sale and wanted a few brushes and it ended up being cheaper than EBAY.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought 3 palettes from Coastal Scents the warm, neutral, and mirage. I LOVE the colors in this palette. That said when it arrived one shadow was broken. Coastal Scents DID replace the palette free of charge for me which was a plus.

The shadows are a bit chalky for me and they go on much more sheer than they appear in the palette so i definitely have to swab these on my hand before applying to my eye to see what kind of color payoff i am going to get before applying to my eyes. Color payoff and pigmentation is inconsistent...

Its an okay palette - wish it was not chalky and the colors popped more!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this palette. I bought the 88 Warm palette a while back, but was getting bored with it, so I bought the Mirage one for the greater color variety, and I love it. The eyeshadows are nicely pigmented and very blendable. I can't say the packaging is great, since several of the shadow pans have fallen out of the palette, but it's nothing a touch of glue can't fix. The mixture of matte and shimmer colors is great and you can create just about any look with this palette. I don't think I'll need to buy another one because of all the colors, but I would if I ever had to.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by MrsPotter82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this one, there are great shimmery colours, very pigmented. The matt ones are nice too, but not that pigmented. I bought this from Hong Kong on Ebay for 15 Euros (about 18 Dollar)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This particular palette is not found on Ebay for under $20.00. So I THINK that this one was created especially for C.S's.....but i don't know...its just an educated guess ;)

But for the common Palettes:
Most of the shadows/blushes, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.
Though, I find that if you don't flick off your brush and use a base, you will get more than average fallout.
So I recommend that you do your foundation last..... with any of these various named/numbered palettes.
Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Awesome colours and great pigmentation. I have used it several times to create different looks. The value for money is great. I recommend it without any hesitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by tashraf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I've been eyeing this palette for months now. Then few weeks ago, I finally broke down and bought it from Amazon. Especially after I saw a picture under the UD Naked Palette that showed dupes of most of the colors of the Naked Palette in this palette (it also had swatches so you can see the colors from both of the palettes side by side). I don't know who was the nice lady that posted that picture, but if she ever reads this review, I thank her.
So, about this palette, I just got it yesterday and I've been playing with the colors ever since. The quality is very good as expected (I own the 88 matte palette too). There was no broken shadow. I bought it for about $21.95 from Amazon. I love the greens, amethysts, oranges...well almost every colors!
Also, if you own the WnW comfort zone palette, you can find dupes of the light green shade (in this palette, it's the last shadow from the top on the 3rd column from the right) and an exact match of the shadow on the lower right corner (labeled definer) in this palette (the 4th color from the bottom, on 4th column from the right). I love both of the palettes. I'm very happy with this purchase, $22 for 88 colors is a great deal, and the quality is very good too. So, if you like other CS palettes, then try this one too. I also love that I'm getting dupes of the colors in Naked Palette for less than half the price and with tons of more pretty colors.