Coastal Scents 88 Mirage Palette

on 9/6/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased this palette because I am a big fan of neutral and warm colors. I thought it would be great to experiment with a lot of the different colors and mixed with some of the other pallets I own because of the variety of shades. This palette is horrible it is very chalky and has a lot of fall out. The pigmentation lacks color. These colors have major fallout even with a primer, base, or a damp packing brush. However, you get what you pay for the palette was under $10. I would never be purchased this item again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is one of Coastal Scent's more interesting palettes. It's unlike the other palettes like 88 Shimmer or 88 Matte becoz it does not contain neon electric brights but it's not all neutrals. It's just an eclectic mix of jewel toned colors. It's very unusual. I've had it for awhile but I should watch some YouTube videos on how to get the most potential out of this palette. I think iirc I paid USD$24.95 full price coz I wanted it & didn't wanna wait to see if it was gonna go on sale but I just got sick of watching & waiting so I lemminged it & I haven't used it a ton but I've been waiting to be inspired & sadly it's not happened but nothing bad about the palette. The shades I like most are the Browns & although UD/MAC this is not, it's still a very charming palette u can do a lot with it if ur creative or watch YouTube. I like this for making a smoked out eye (not the traditional black/grey smokey eye), u can pair a bunch of different liners w it like black, brown, eggplant, hunter green, or burgundy all work w these shades & I go for a neutral lip.

on 4/23/2015 4:25:00 AM

This one is pretty amazing. I already have the 88 warm palette and the 88 color palette, and was looking for more earthy colors, so decided to get the 88 mirage palette. This one is MY FAVORITE. Has a mix of matte and shimmer colors, and I swear, it has some duochrome colors in there also. I use a eye concealer on my entire eye area before applying the eyeshadow, and it stays put all day, and the colors come out more saturated. Since I've been using the Mirage palette, I have gotten numerous compliments at work on my eye makeup, which I've NEVER gotten before from anyone in my entire life. And for the price of $16.95, you cannot go wrong.... that's a great deal!

on 10/10/2014 11:25:00 PM

This is the fourth palette I have purchased from Coastal Scents. I bought this when they had their "88 for $8.88 on 8/8" sale. For under $10, I couldn't resist especially after Emily Noel of Beauty Broadcast did an amazing peachy eye look tutorial using this palette.

As always, my CS order arrived fast, wrapped very thoughtfully (and tightly) in bubble wrap, and they included an eyeshadow sample with my order.

Upon opening I noticed the lid on this palette opened more easily than my 88 Ultra Shimmer palette. The tray is covered with an acetate sheet and the lid has a generous size mirror and two long sponge tip applicators. This palette has a gorgeous array of earthy tones in various finishes. There are some mattes, some satins, some sparkly shades, and even a duochrome shade.

There is such a broad range of colors from versatile neutrals in creams and browns to rust and peachy shades. There are wines and raspberries. There are lucious greens and smoky purples. There are silvers and grays, golds and coppers. There are even some beautiful blues. The texture of the shadows is very soft. The only downside is that some are so soft they become powdery when the brush is dipped in them, so I have to blow the surface of my palette off between shades.

This palette may not offer the virbancy one would want from some of the other palettes offered by CS, but this is a perfect palette for every day looks, or even a smoky evening look. And at the price point, you can't go wrong.

on 9/18/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mirage.. The first eye palette I ever bought, and I still use! It is the perfect palette as an "introduction" to eyeshadows. Of course, you won't get a MAC colour payoff with all the shadows but it is a damn good palette for it's price! I like most of these shadows, I've hitted the pan on quite a few but there are some colours I never used. I am not the type of girl who uses bright red eyeshadows. But if you want to have fun and start to experiment with eye makeup, Mirage might be just the right palette for you.

on 2/5/2013 2:45:00 PM

This palette contains an array of eyeshadow colors. If you owned this and nothing else, you would be all set. That being said, most of the colors are nicely pigmented, however a few are a bit flakey.

on 9/7/2012 8:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Attention green eyed, warm skinned ladies!! Let me start by saying that I do own most of the "Coastal Scents" palettes including the warm, metallic, the originals, neutral and blush /eyeshadow combo etc. I've had this one for about a week now and I must say that it is by far my favorite one. The shades work beautifully with my green eyes and pale, warm skin as most of the shades are warm. Many of them are unique in that they do not appear in the other palettes. There are alot of red toned, browns, amber, gold and bronzes which I love. The consistency of these are smooth, buttery and very pigmented (save a few of the lighter shades) which leads me to believe that I received a "fresh" palette as some do complain about pigmentation. Also, as others have stated - these palettes are available from EBAY for much less money than ordering through Coastal Scents - I did purchase mine through CS as they were having a sale and wanted a few brushes and it ended up being cheaper than EBAY.

on 4/13/2012 12:32:00 PM

I bought 3 palettes from Coastal Scents the warm, neutral, and mirage. I LOVE the colors in this palette. That said when it arrived one shadow was broken. Coastal Scents DID replace the palette free of charge for me which was a plus.

The shadows are a bit chalky for me and they go on much more sheer than they appear in the palette so i definitely have to swab these on my hand before applying to my eye to see what kind of color payoff i am going to get before applying to my eyes. Color payoff and pigmentation is inconsistent...

Its an okay palette - wish it was not chalky and the colors popped more!

on 2/24/2012 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this palette. I bought the 88 Warm palette a while back, but was getting bored with it, so I bought the Mirage one for the greater color variety, and I love it. The eyeshadows are nicely pigmented and very blendable. I can't say the packaging is great, since several of the shadow pans have fallen out of the palette, but it's nothing a touch of glue can't fix. The mixture of matte and shimmer colors is great and you can create just about any look with this palette. I don't think I'll need to buy another one because of all the colors, but I would if I ever had to.

on 2/14/2012 5:22:00 AM

I love this one, there are great shimmery colours, very pigmented. The matt ones are nice too, but not that pigmented. I bought this from Hong Kong on Ebay for 15 Euros (about 18 Dollar)

Top Rated Coastal Scents Products