August 20, 2014 | 2109 users online

Mascara - L.A. Colors - Expressions Lash-Building Mascaras

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Great DS mascara!! The tube is a gr8 size for putting into your bag. This mascara doesn't streak or run or do the panda/raccoon eyes thing. It's a bit dry, so don't expect it to be really wet, but that means it dries more quickly. This would be good for a young lady starting out in makeup, some1 whom travels often, or any1 whom wants a good basic mascara on a budget for a buck. I don't believe in spending a ton on mascaras like HE coz you have to dispose of them in about 3 or 4 months, so what's the point (to an extent). This is a little work horse of a mascara. It's not super dramatic but it's black enough that it shows up, esp if you layer 2-3 coats. I would suggest 1 coat if ur going for a natural look. So far, LA Colors has yet to disappoint me with a product for these kind of prices. I am starting to like them almost as well as WnW! And some of their items are half as much $$$$$ as WnW. I buy my LA Colors makeup at Kmart, Family Dollar, & Dollar General. FWIW there was a local-yocal dollar store in town called Dollar Zone or something like that (not Dollar Tree coz that's a chain & DT doesn't have all THAT much makeup!), but they had the most ahhhh-mazing display of LA Colors makeup, things I didn't kno LA Colors even made. But they went belly up unfortunately, but I have a small makeup bag full of makeup I got from there, I wish I could find another joint that had all that kinda selection. The display was practically virgin, it was by the cash register so nobody messed w the products & put them back after "testing" on stuff. Anyways you cannot go wrong on this mascara for a buck! Much better than WnW mascara. I am one (most likely uncouth & uncultured) person whom will use cheap products right along side HE & I am so oblivious when it comes to mascara as long as it does what I ask it to do which is to be black & not give me pandas!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! It's $1 and has been one of the best drugstore makeup products i've ever used. I'm into higher quality makeup now, so I would not repurchase. But if I wasn't, I'd still be buying this.
The tube is quite small but you get a decent amount of product. It does not clump, flake, didn't transfer, nothing. The brush is large and thick and was great at getting my lashes separated. It did add some good volume and was a true black. It also holds up very well for not being waterproof. I can sweat all day and this stuff would not run.
I cannot truly say anything negative about this stuff. Especially for what it is, it preforms amazingly.
The formula, just like their liquid liner, is a balance between thin enough to apply easily and thick enough to do it's job.
It dries fast and is easily buildable. Though you won't need to really layer much since it does it's job on the first try.

Though this won't give you dramatic, fake looking lashes, it's an amazing boost to lashes and creates a noticeable effect.

highly recommended for anyone who doesn't spend much on makeup and great when you first start playing around with it.