April 20, 2014 | 1702 users online

Eyeliner - L.A. Colors - Expressions Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I find it surprising that I like this product so much - got it from a local Dollar Tree for only $1! it's a brush tip, so it may be a little bit more difficult to work with, but it's a very pigmented product, dries quickly, but wing wears off a bit by the end of the day. Slight issue I've had with it is that sometimes, when applying it, the formulation settles or something, but it will be a lot less pigmented (kind of looks like it's been mixed in with water). But for a dollar.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by rara313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this product from dollar tree to try since it had good reviews. I found some yellow mold or something in it, yuck. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by angelsun18

Love this product. Cheap so cheap, drys fast and last all day long. When I wash it off, it doesn't smudge or smear. Sucks I can't find anymore at the nearest Dollar Tree store! I need more brown liner!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a great affordable liquid liner. this was the second liq liner i ever purchased. NYC was the first which is probably one of my favs still as well as LA Colors. i love the formula & the brush on these! This liner is great for the price, even better!
PRICE/AVAILIBILITY- these liners cost me $1 but ive seen them from $1-1.50. I can find LA Colors at Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Big Lots & cherryculture. I love LA Colors esp since they are Cruelty free brand!! woohoo!
SHADE/FORMULA-
i believe that there are 3 shades- Brown, Black Brown and Black-i own dark brown & black & they are both extremely pigmented & apply so well!! Dark brown is just that a really dark brown & black is def black. they do dry to a flat finish i love that its not glossy like some liq liners tend to be. the formula is nearly perfect. its not too thin or too thick. its perfect basically. i have not experienced any smearing or running into lashes, no transferring anywhere. it dries fast. not too fast but fast enough that you dont have to worry about blinking.
PACKAGING- this is a plastic tube that is irregular shaped about an inch big that has a twist on top with brush attached. the brush is a great size. its not to long or too small. it fits great in my hands & it maneuvers easily around the eyes. it was a simple brush to use when i first started using liq liners. the brush itself is a traditional style with brush like bristles. the bristles themselves are small enough to make small precie lines but also allows for thicker more dramatic lines. i find this brush so nice to use. it made it easy to learn how to define my eyes w/out worryin about messing up. the bristles are tightly put together w/ no fray or loose hairs. the liq liner peforms nicely paired with this brush applicator. the stopper inside also is pretty tight. i know with the dark brown one its really tight that it sometimes is hard to get the brush out for some reason. but typically the stopper takes off just enough liner so that you wont get globs of it all over the place.
overall, this was one of my first liq liners but still is one of my favorites. i love the dark brown shade esp for my pale skin bc sometimes black looks harsh with some looks. but its dark enough that it works for defining lash line. this is also great for winged looks. the brush allows for the little flick out at the end which i love but cant do so great but w/ this i can! i think for $1 its a great liner! def worth the try. i will repurchase definitely when i run out. ive used this liner for a few months now & still have plenty left. the formula hasnt changed or dried up any so far! i always shake my liq liners first to make sure the formula is good to go since i do store mine on their sides in a drawer. if you are a fan of liquid liners, then you should def try this! i love em & hope to never be without them!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Before getting into higher end makeup, I used this liner religiously. It was my main liner for about two years. It's $1 at my local Dollar Tree and it can compete with mid end liners for sure.
I also want to say I HATE L.A. Colors but this liquid liner cannot be ignored.
The brush is very small/short and thin. You can tight line with ease and the application is very neat. I can control this liner PERFECTLY and rarely came out with a mistake.
It's not water proof but holds up wonderfully. I used this on my water line very often as well and it never faded or smudged.
the formula is a great balance of being thin enough to spread easily and thick enough to where it doesn't run during application.

Of course, the color selection is extremely limited with only black and brown. The black is a true black. The brown is also true to color. It's a medium brown that looks very natural and brightens up the eyes. I've alternated between both colors for a bolder or more natural look.
Both color last ALL day/night without fail. No smudging, fading, anything - even on my water line! They also dry quickly. They're very easy to remove as well, all you need to do is wash your face.

This does crust very quickly so you need to wipe the top of the bottle often or else crusted pieces will make their way into the liquid and ruin it. I learned this the hard way through inexperience.
The amount you get isn't too much and it lasts a couple months. But for the price this isn't an issue.

I recommend to anyone wanting a cheap and great quality liquid liner. This is perfect for beginners or people who want to create a quick look and don't like to buy expensive makeup.