July 23, 2014 | 1664 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - beauty school - eyeshadow palette natural

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by sniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was surprised at how pigmented these shadows are, and how well they stayed on. I have warm-toned skin, so I stayed away from the top row of cool pales, but the peach, copper and matte dark brown in the bottom row work really well for me. I could see that these would need a primer, they don't contain a strong binder. Palette is easy to open and contains a strip of mirror so you can see your eyes up close, very helpful. You just can't beat the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It was okay...
i had to use a really nice eye primer and touch it up three million times a day for it to stay on. It melted off and was actually kindof chalky. Thank god it was given to me and i didnt buy it. Although i have to say that the colors were actually very pretty

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love e.l.f. products, however this was a dud and epic fail for me. They were extremely chalky with no pigment. I tried them dry, I tried them wet, I tried them with primer, without primer. All epic fails. Also, the colors were odd. I think I was expecting this neutral palette to have warm undertones to the colors, but they were definitively leaning cool. I was actually going to throw this away, but I gave it to one of my sister's friends who never wears makeup and wanted to play around with them. If she hadn't taken them, they would be in the trash. Thank goodness it was only 3 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I have concluded that most e.l.f. eyeshadows, aside from their stellar Mineral Eyeshadows, are chalky in texture and have very little color pay-off. I was looking forward to loving this palette as I wanted to use an affordable natural/neutral palette to take with me on the go, but this palette went wrong in so many ways. While the shades were pretty in the palette and had an appreciable variety of finishes (matte and shimmer), the texture on a few of them were chalky, and overall it took some work to get them to show even with an eyeshadow primer. All 5 of the lighter shades were so poorly pigmented that they muddied up; it might as well be an eyeshadow duo.

The packaging was even more disappointing than I imagined it would be; while it was beautifully packaged in a sleek compact, it snapped closed so tight that it wouldn't open until after after pulling and tugging and chipping off half the nail polish on my thumb. The last straw: two of the eyeshadows crumbled in their pans even under light handling, so I had to press them back into their pans. Truly, it was a mistake for e.l.f. to charge any money at all for this failure of a palette. I will be sticking to Maybelline and NYX eyeshadows from here on out, as these are definitely worth an extra $1 or two for far less trouble than e.l.f. shadows.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I'm sorry- after a streak of good reviews on this product, the party pooper has to show up at some point; that person is me. I've read all the glowing reviews on this product and bought it, thinking that this would be the perfect palette to travel with. I mean, it's got 6 neutral tones of light, medium and dark shades- what more could you want? It was extremely cheap, for only $5 at Target. However, when I got home, I was extremely disappointed. The colors were not pigmented at all, wet or dry. The shadows practically fell apart when I tried to pick them up. Plus, when I tried to do a look, they just stuck to my brush. I didn't even bother trying to wear these out on a normal day- so I don't know about the longetivity of them. These are very chalky, and they do not show up well at all. I felt so bad because the colors looked so beautiful and promising in the packaging, but they didn't live up to my expectations. Also, I accidentally dropped it, and the lid snapped right off. I was like, "Are you kidding me??". The palette just added injury to insult on its behalf. I had to give it away to my mom in the end.I will not be repurchasing this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Sgoosie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this palate and it's great I use it for every day I think for $3 you can't go wrong and I like cause you get shimmer and matte natural colors and u can just mix up the colors luv it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

received this in a swap. I know why she wanted to get rid of it. The colors are not very pigmented. They are also very powdery. Once you touch them with a brush, they totally disintegrate.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by mailife4

I thought the colors were going to great, but once it was on my skin half the pallet didn't show up. I'm fair/medium skinned and the light colors barely showed up on me. The light shadows were sheer and not very pigmented. The dark shadows is more pigmented but it did seem a bit powdery. I was very disappointed because I bought it for the light shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am absolutely head over heels in love with this palette! So much so that it disappoints me that this is limited edition. I first bought this palette on a whim, when I saw ELF was releasing a neutrals palette that had both matte and shimmery shadows, which is excellent because their $1 shadows would only give you four shadow that were mostly shimmery, and based on experience, ELF had a pretty good track record when it comes to pigmentation of their matte shades. I must admit, at first, I wasn't as obsessed about this as now. I used them a couple of times as my basic eye look and used the matte dark brown or black as a brow powder and eyeliner and the matte white as a highlight. It was only until I tried to depot the thing that I accidentally dropped the whole palette and most of the shades shattered that I was forced to resort to other shadows in my collection for my everyday look because I couldn't be bothered to buy another one. But I think fate was working with me when all of a sudden, I was at the mall a few weeks ago and I saw a palette of this--the last in stock at my ELF counter! Who knew that they still had this sort of palette, now that their back to school line has been replaced with newer products for the holidays! I've been using this every single day now, cherishing the pigmented colors and the amazing blendability of all the shades. I don't know what I'll do when I do run out of this though, but it was really great having this back not just in my everyday makeup routine, but also in my purse whenever I feel the need to transform a day look to something more night appropriate. Highly recommend this to anyone who loves their neutral shadows, but I guess you'll have to resort to EBAY in the meantime. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Beautiful palette, unfortunately half of the colors aren't very pigmented. I really wanted this to be my go to palette when I'm on the go or in a rush getting ready for work but the lack of pigmentation really disappointed me, sad to say I won't buy this again.