April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Lipstick - Clarins - Joli Rouge - Grenadine

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The formula is very smooth, creamy and moisturizing. It feels super soft on the lips and goes on effortlessly and smooth.

It's fairly pigmented too, and I think I get a beautiful colour with one swipe. When I want it to be bolder, I go in with more colour as it's faily buildable.

It's not too drying, but rather moisturizing, but that also reduces the wear time. But I guess you could expect that from a lipstick this creamy. It doesn't settle into lines and therefore I think it's pretty forgiving to dry lips.

Overall, I like this colour a lot and will probably buy it again when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: moist, creamy, heavily pigmented formula that is very comfortable and you seem to get quite a bit of product. Cons: the tube broke the first time I opened it (glue holding the inner tube to the outer case gave out); the cost is quite high; this color is WAY too bright and cool for my super-pale, yellow-undertoned NC15 skin. It's a rich, bright cranberry red that looks like a deep fuschia as it fades. A pretty color for someone I'm sure but really garish and scary on me. I already returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

"Grenadine" is the French word for "pomegranate" and it pretty much covers this shade - a lovely rich rose/berry shade which might be new because I've never noticed it before! The formulation is typical of all the Joli Rouge lipsticks - very soft, creamy and moisturizing. Staying power is pretty good - not super-long-lasting, but then again, with a lipstick this creamy, that's to be expected. I asked the SA if this was limited edition (because it was in a special counter display) but she said it's not. If it had been, I would have bought a backup. This is a gorgeous shade for fall and a nice change from the typical fall colours because it's not brown based and is rather pretty and feminine and brightening but not too bright or harsh - but it's also a great colour for all year 'round. Definitely will repurchase.
Update (Oct. 2011): I like this lipstick so much, I just purchased a 2nd one. I've also looked to see if there is a similar colour in the Rouge Prodige line (the more long-lasting Clarins lipstick range) and Raspberry Sorbet seems to be a close dupe so I may give that a try since I do like both the formulation and the gorgeous packaging.