September 20, 2014 | 1798 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Stick Gloss - 26 Orchid Dream

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This colour is very flattering on my complexion and with my hair colour. When first applied it is an intense berry hot pink with lots of beautiful purple and fuchsia shimmer. The consistency is buttery, similar to Clinique Buttershine. But I need a brush to apply it evenly on my lips, or I dab it lightly on my lips and then I spread it with my fingertips because it is somehow gritty and it doesnít glide good enough. After this work it looks gorgeous. For about 10 minutes. Then it starts to disappear. First the shine, then the colour and at least the moisture and after one hour I only have a flimsy pink stain on my dried lips and lots of silvery shimmers that, obviously, also enhance the dryness. I'm really desappointed because I used to have one EL Pure Color Gloss and it was very moisturizing, so that even when the colour worn off the moisture still remained. But not with this. If I reapply it again and again in order to regain my first 10 gorgeous minutes, after a while the colour becomes somehow too garish and the overload of glitters and shimmer make my lips look very old. No plumpiness, no moisture, no beautiful shine at all. It makes me so sad that all the major brands seem to love to overload their lipsticks with shimmers, glitters and pearl and donít understand that unless you have plump and super smooth lips of your own it will make you look dreadful wrinkly, even with an Angelina Jolie pout. To make an example, I love the consistency of Rouge Absolu de Lancome but they donít have any colour without pearl or shimmer and this make my medium-full lips look like dried-up prunes.
Anyway I have found a sort of compromise to wear it. I apply a moisturizing balm before (best one with silicones like Za Plumper lips), let it soak into my lips to seal the moisture and only then I can apply this gloss. Or I put a liquid gloss after. But this is, again, too much work. A shame because the colour is so beautiful.