October 24, 2014 | 1690 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Potion lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells like old ladies and funeral homes. It is about $30 per bottle. Instant headache from this lotion. Sold it on ebay. No repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should never ever trust a Lushie's review of Lush's products as they're quite biased over Lush already. If you want an honest review, read what someone who hasn't tried Lush says also. I bought this based on rave reviews on the Lush Forum and this smells like incense. I tried to like it but I just couldn't get over the fact that I smelled like a Japanese Buddhist temple that reminds me of funerals. Try this only if you like Oriental, smoky scents along the lines of Obsession and Youth Dew.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lotion's scent is a beautiful carnation/rose blend, and I have always loved the spicy smell of carnations. I find this soaks in really well, is very moisturizing, and it dries with a nice finish, not a weird greasy film.

ETA: I used love this lotion so, so much.... but this last time I bought it, I was really unpleasantly surprised!! It smelled like... fake pink bubblegum. It was sticky. I just didn't like it any more. I didn't use it much. And I probably won't ever buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was on the fence about Potion Lotion w hen I first tried it. I thought it smelled like a funeral home, and thus, I smelled like a walking funeral home. Not good. But after about an hour the scent mellowed into something really beautiful and wearable. My husband says I smell like big red chewing gum when I wear it, and hes kinda right. But I really like that spicy carnation smell it has. Now that I've used it more I dont get the funeral home scent at all- in fact I recently purchased the solid perfume! I wouldnt recommend this to someone who doesnt like strong or heavy fragrances though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ilovewalnuts

I looooooooooooooooooove this stuff.

A really enthusiastic Lush salesperson convinced me to buy this last October in the Orlando airport. I quickly became obsessed...consequently it reminds me of 2 things: a trip with a best friend to Disney World...and since this was right when I first started dating my boyfriend, it reminds me of that crazy, unsure-yet-exciting beginning of a relationship time :)

Maybe that's why I like it so much haha!

I love the smell (spicy...carnation-y...special. It's sexyyyyy). It really works as a moisturizer. It goes on smooth and creamy, dries soft (not powdery). Something I've found with a lot of lotions (and lip balms) is that will dry your skin out (WTH). Not so with Potion. Tad bit expensive, but I'm a product slag and I don't care. Packaging is way cute and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by productmad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the most fantastic body lotion I have ever used. Everything about it is perfect: the creamy texture, the moisturizing properties, the heavenly heavenly spicy-carnation scent. It's rich, but absorbs quickly and makes my skin super soft. I have used this year-round and it's perfect for every season. When I originally heard that Lush had discontinued this product, I nearly cried! But I understand it's back, so I can stop nursing an old bottle that is bent over it's so empty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Carnation is one of my very favorite floral scents. Potion is scented with carnation, rose and tangerine. This goes PERFECTLY with my BPAL Moscow perfume oil and BPAL Gypsy Queen, which both have roses and carnations. Plus this lotion is light enough to use during the day. I'm glad LUSH has made it available on its website again (look under "Retro").

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by lectriceye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite lush product! I love the scent of this, it's a true carnation with a spicy kick. The lotion is light but moisturizes enough, and the scent lasts for hours! I don't know what I would do if LUSH ever discontinued it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't think I'd like this, but it's really nice!

I've been a fan of the Potion scent for a while, and wanted to get the solid perfume, but it was sold out/discontinued. I was really happy when I found this on clearance at the LUSH website.

The lotion itself is quite nice. I usually like heavy-feeling, oily body butters and creams, but this is nice and light, and actually moisturises quite well. My skin feels balanced and supple all day.

The scent is heavenly! It's mostly carnation, but VERY spicy. It also has a touch of rose and tangerine. It smells old-fashioned, but in a lovely way. It reminds me of the gorgeous aldehyde-laden fragrances from the 1950s. In fact, it goes quite well with Chanel No. 5.

The scent lasts quite a long time on me. It stays nice and spicy for quite a while, then dries down to smell very floral and powdery.

If you like Fever, you will love this. Fever, she's a tarty little thing... Potion is Fever's older, mature and very experienced sister.

It's currently on the LUSH Retro roster, and is on sale, at that. Snap some up, quickly! Don't let this one get away...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Overall this is average like alot of you have already stated. It moisturizes nicely. The scent is really nice. Spicy and floral. I would think im pretty acurate when i say that this smells kinda "kinda" like Pied de Pepper Foot Cream (which i do love) but a little more subtle. Overall this is a nice lotion but i'd actually kick this to the curve if they were offering Skin Sin in the Retro line instead.

UPDATE: You know what? eeewww..im over this lotion. It gives me a headache and is really sticky on the skin. It doesn't absorb well and the smell is annoying. I don't understand why this is popular??