April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible - Purple Obsession 05

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sadly this is one of the foolish mistakes. You are running errands and happen to be at Target or Walmart or the grocery store,. You see a beautiful display of L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows. You look at the display but are unable to really touch any as nothing is open to try. You have to guess, look and read the signs that beg you to buy. You grab one. You think, " I'll get the purple one as I don't have many of those and it's only $8.00. " You can't decide between the chocolate or the purple. Maybe the green? No get the purple your inner voice tells you.

Then you get home open it up and try it on. Excited even! Trying to make it work. You notice it has nice texture. It seems powedery. Soft even. You think the pigment is going to be striking. The powder finish is fine but not pressed. MESSY. Think Glittery mess all over your countertop. It is soft,lumpy not quite like butter more like baking soda. You use a little primer, you pull out your favorite shadow brushes. You get fall out on to your face. The area you can't stand to have fall out as your dark circles look worse. It is the end of the day and you are tired. You try to get it off, you pull out your concealor and convince yourself this is pretty good. The color is pretty. It is going to be great. Infallible right??????

Reality sets in day two maybe day 4 and this is not at all what you thought at the grocey store. What were you thinking?????? This is garbage. This product does not go on smoothly. It is frustrating to work with as the fall out is horrible but you can not find a decent brush or tool to use it. It does not blend and in fact looks to dramatic. Think 80s eyeshadow. If 80s comes back then this might be the star. It does not last. Okay maybe 5 hours. But serious Crease city!!!! And it is definitely FALLIBLE! And you realize you should have saved your money. For only $5 more you could have bought Urban Decay or Nars or even $10 more and gotten a long wearing, long lasting elegant purple by Dior.

My advice is save your money and go to a Mac counter or Sephora or even Macy's to find a better quality longer lasting, less fall out shadow that will be truly Infallible. One that your favorite eye shadow brush loves and you enjoy working with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well this was a waste of money. As others have pointed out, this has an ugly dark undertone that comes out way too fast and easy, like for instance when you dare to try and blend this shadow. Or even just wear it for more than twenty minutes. Also it's generally hard to pick up with a brush and blend, it creases a lot and disappears quickly. I have to prime the hell out of my eyelids to make it hang around longer, which still ends up not being worth it due to the unsightly colour payoff. This is really only purple at first when you're looking straight at it - from any other angle, it's just a dark bruisy smudge (and after a little time that's all you're left with).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I get lots of compliments when I wear this. With the right brush (stiffer bristles) it goes on well and very pigmented. It is blendable too. Can be used for a dark smokey look at night, or use a small amount with a fine brush to create accents on a lighter shade for day use. I doesn't last super long, I get more staying power if I use a primer, but it does outlast many other shadows and does't crease easily. It has the right balance of dark purple and shimmer, though the colour does go on darker than in the pan. A great shade if you have hazel eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow for going out nights. Very pigmented and stays on. I also have this in emerald green and midnight blue. I'm trying to buy almost all the colors. $7 is worth this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree that the color is not true to pan. I chose this because I was looking for a very vibrant purple and that's not how this shadow appears on the lids. HOWEVER...this is a really beautiful color and I ended up very pleased with it anyway. I didn't get any gray from this...what I got was a deep smoky plum with a really, really pretty irridescence; almost a duochrome quality, but not quite.

I think this a fantastic alternative to black or gray for a smoky eye. I'm very fair and warm to boot, so black/gray/silver shades just don't work for me. This does. And I found that you can very the intensity really easily as well, so if you don't want a smoky eye, you can easily apply it with a lighter hand and end up with a workable daytime look. And it really plays up green or blue eyes and makes them look amazing.

In terms of blendability, yes, it's a slightly harder to work with, but not impossible. I'd say it's a really good product for a more precise look. If you're into cut crease looks or just a very defined crease, this is perfect for that. But it can be blended out for a soft look, it just takes a little more effort. The payoff for all that effort is....it LASTS. No creasing, no smudging, no fading. I was really impressed with the lasting power.

Lastly, I used very, very little product even for a very intense look. For that reason, I think it's a good value as well.

I had three of these in my hand and put two back because I wanted to see how it performed. I'm definitely going back for the bronze and the ivory and maybe the peachy amber color as well. Although I like the Maybelline color tattoo shadows a lot, I like this slightly better. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 More reviews by Lakesoverocean

Well, I don't know how this is creasing on other people. It blows my mind how it stays on my lids perfectly - ALL Day and Night. I have had to lose out on wearing eyeshadow because makeup creases on my lids and most don't last past a couple of hours so I am thrilled with this eyeshadow. That being: I will say the colours could be better. This purple is not as vibrant as it looks in the package. It goes on much darker. Important to note: you MUST use your fingertip to apply for maximum benefit. If you are looking for a smoky eye with outstanding staying power. Purple Obsession is IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Executey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Really disappointed in this one. I've known L'Oreal to be a good brand, so normally I don't mind paying a bit more. Wish I hadn't wasted my money! I was initially attracted to the bright, metallic purple colour featured on the model on the store display. When I got it home and tried it on, the colour was nothing like it was advertised to be. Dark, almost grey shades made my eyelids look bruised and horrible. The texture was also too firm, difficult to get a good amount on your brush. I would not recommend this product at all.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by bellaflor179

I wouldnt say I completly hate this product but I was not impressed it creased pretty fast and after an 8 hour day it looked dark I was very dissapointed I have wet n wild palettes that last longer than this did. I would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really love the color. But the shadow creases in less than 3 hours. Some of the shadows in the infallible line do last a long time without creasing, but others last less than half that long. The color is lovely, but not as vibrant as some other purples. Try Urban Decay's Delinquent for the dark, rich vibrant purple color. It also lasts all day without primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by masa_inn

I am a big fan of purple shadows and really wanted to try this new formula.

Big disappointment. This is not a clean, sparkly purple as it appears on swatches and even in a pan. It has a very strong grey-brownish base, much like Inglot #40 (if I am not mistaken). As a previous reviewer noticed, the more you blend, the more this base color becomes apparent. It is extremely unflattering on me (think a bruised lid).

I am not really impressed with a staying power, either. I swatched it on my hand and after a couple of hours the purple “layer” was completely gone; all was left was this murky base shade. I will try Amber Rush as I am pretty sure it does not have any hidden undertones; but purple goes back to Ulta.