Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Cool as Cucumber

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/10/2015 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I took a chance on this because it was the last one on the shelf at Walgreens, plus it was on sale for only $2. So glad I did! While this does look (especially the main eyelid color) almost like an emerald green, if you look at the pan from a low angle you can see that it's actually a grey with a pearly green sheen over it - so it comes out on your eyelids more like a duo-chrome, cool-toned neutral. The brow bone shade looks almost scary bright green, but that also turns out to apply more like a pearlescent greenish sheen over a silvery shade. The crease shade then is a lovely aubergine shadow that well complements the greenish-grey. Great neutral, but far from boring with the unexpected duo-chrome twist. What a great buy, love it!

on 7/15/2014 12:08:00 AM

I swore I would never try Wet 'n Wild eyeshadow again after the hot mess that was Silent Treatment, but I inherited this after my mother decided it wasn't for her.

Much like Silent Treatment, the colors are very nice in the pan and make lovely swatches: good pigmentation, silky texture, smooth application. However - and again, much like Silent Treatment - the colors are not so good once actually applied to the eyes. I found these shadows to go on a bit more evenly and "true to pan" than Silent Treatment so there is definitely some improvement in the formula here, but the colors quickly go muddy when blending. After a couple of hours of wear (even over a primer), it looks like I just applied one grungy color all over my lid.

Such a shame, as the colors in this are truly lovely and complement each other nicely. Alas, it was not meant to be, and I must find my cheapy drugstore green eyeshadow fix elsewhere. And I mean it this time: no more Wet 'n Wild shadows for me.

on 2/7/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Green is not my favorite colour. i only bought this trio because of the PURPLE.. after trying many other palettes I expected this would have the same colour payoff and consistency... I assumed wrong. You have to work sooooo hard to get any of the purple colour. its just useless now as I wont be reaching for it. At least it didnt break the bank!

on 12/8/2013 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love wet n wild but this palette was a big disappointment. the pigmentation is so bad. they barely show up even with primer. would not repurchase

on 5/22/2013 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am a huge lover of Wet N Wild Shadows. The dominate my collection and are amazing quality for the value. I usually give these a 5 or a 4. Sadly this trio comes in at a 3. While I would buy it again, the purple in the middle is a total dud. The greens are lovely, soft, rich and pigmented.

PROS:
- Cheap - I bought these at a 40% off sale and paid around $2
- The two greens are super pretty and pigmented
- The lighter mint is especially pretty and lovely for spring
- I love green and purple -- purple really makes green workable for everyone
CONS
- Packaging - it's flimsy so be careful but hey - it's so cheap - rather $$$ go to product than package
- the purple - it's so lame - I mean it gives a light crease but you have to work it - the rest of the shadows are no work and so rich - this is dry, light and SUCH a disappointment

Overall, I would buy again. Though you have to work the purple, I love the looks you can create.

My fave:
- browbone on lid
- crease in crease
- reserve your cabana on browbone
- maybelline master drama in purple color pencil
- Loreal voluminous original
- rimmel bronzed
- nyx angle blush
- reserve your cabana highlight
- Revlon lip butter in crime brle

So cute!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

One of my favorites of the color trios I own. I was afraid the greens might overshadow my eye color but they enhanced it instead. I love the combination of greens with the plummy purple. Apply like a dream, wear great, no creasing in my experience. I plan to get all of the color trios with backups of my favorites. For the price, they are absolutely sensational and they are on par with many pricier brands.

on 11/21/2012 10:13:00 AM

Wet n Wild has fabulous eyeshadow trios, and this one is no exception! It is great for making that "subtle color" look.
COLOR DESCRIPTION: The three colors in this palette are: a light green with the tiniest bit of shimmer; a plummy purple with a satin finish, and a pretty mossy/cool green with shimmer. I think these colors tend to look better on people with green, brown, or hazel eyes (maybe not so much blue or gray), but I think you could make this work no matter your eye color. This trio helps my green eyes pop a lot, though, and I love that this combination is unique and affordable. Lovely colors!
FORMULA/CONSISTENCY: Although these are powder eye shadows, I feel they're kind of creamy, soft, and easy to apply and blend.
COLOR PAY-OFF: These are very pigmented and show up on your eyes just as they do in the palette/pan.
STAYING POWER: The shadows stay on all day long, and I haven't even noticed significant creasing even without a base underneath.
PACKAGING: The packaging is simple, but great!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen these trios at WalMart, Walgreen's, and Smith's Marketplace for fairly cheap, and I got mine from Smith's Marketplace. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I want to say it was about $2.39, which is pretty good.

on 9/24/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The trio reminds me a lot of a similar one made by Almay for green eyes, with the purple and green combo, although this one isn't marketed just for green eyes. These colors are highly pigmented, but as some other reviewers have mentioned, maybe not quite as much as some of the other WnW trios and palettes. I think this does a fairly nice smokey eye with the dark green and purple. The palest green is a bit difficult to wear, as I prefer a more neutral tone. The package instructs that he green goes on the lid and the purple in the crease, but I sometimes reverse the colors and it works just as well. I think its definitely worth the low price and I'd buy again.

on 5/23/2012 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love almost all of these trios that I have, but this one was a slight miss for me. Worth the $3 definitely, but the shades are a little less pigmented than what I've come to expect in the Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon trios. I loooove the eyelid shade - that emerald green shade is very pretty, but takes some pretty good layering over a sticky base (like Revlon Creme Illuminance!) to get it to show pretty good. I also love the purple too - it's more unique on, darker than in the pain - though again, it takes a sticky base and a pretty heavy hand to get it to show nice.

I'd buy it again if I ran out...but I probably wouldn't, even with heavy hand application - these pans are huge and the value is even bigger.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have several Color Icon Trios and love them all which made me finally decide to buy this one. I'm not a big green eyeshadow fan but I loved the look of the plum color in this trio and it was on sale for approx. $2. All the other WnW shadows I've purchased over the past 18 months or so have been buttery soft, highly pigmented and wonderful to use. The green in this trio are 85% okay but the plum sucks. I have to scrape the applicator across it to get just a little color on it and it applies in patches on my lids. I am so disappointed in this trio. Boo! I hope this doesn't mean the quality of WnW is going down hill as I have fallen back in love with this old school brand. I would not purchase these shades again. I should have returned this but for $2 I'll keep it around to use the greens now and then.