Lakme Kajal

4.4

on 7/20/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Good for the base of smokey eye!! Very smudge-able and cheap..my husband got a lot of these from dubai.!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

I picked this up on Amazon from an import company and I'm very glad I did. I've had it for about a year and it's my HG black eyeliner. I saw a few reviews online saying that people were asking their friends in India to mail them these, and I can see why. It was about $6-$7 from Amazon when I bought it, which is pretty cheap, in my opinion. I'm going to look into the brand more when I rebuy because I'm so impressed by this product. There's nothing to complain about, and that's really rare for any kind of eyeliner.

on 5/21/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Lakme does a good job for Indian skin tones. This is the only liner that I Love more than anything else!

on 3/28/2012 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this is one of my mom's fav product...the color is intense black and applies nicely...the sharpener for this kajal comes separately and you need to buy it...one con i found however was that it smudges off after sm time and tends to give you racoon eyes effect..i would prefer smthing long lasting...overall a good product if u guys are looking for something cheaper...

Creamy, smudgy, intense colour, everything a kajal should be. Major issues with packaging though. It's so thick and you can't sharpen the tip! And how do you get more product out? (The gold end comes off but to no avail) Maybe because it is so amazingly cheep ($2 in Singapore's Little India) that's all the product but its weird....

on 10/13/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Lakme makes the best eyeliners in the Indian market for sure! There were so many other released products which claimed to include eucalyptus oil and triphala and things which are apparently good for your eyes, but at the end of the day, this is easy to apply, goes on smooth as butter on your waterline with a real intense black and hardly smudges! I have oily lids and skin so this is definitely a good purchase for 45 INR!!! (=dirt cheap)!!! It lasts forever and u can also get a nice Lakme sharpener for it. My only prob with this is its lid is plastic and tends to crack when I put in my handbag for a few months (I do NOT treat my bags with care!)

on 8/25/2011 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Far and away my HG kajal. I've tried various Indian brands of all price ranges and recently the Maybelline Colossal but Lakme's is the best (so far anyways.) It's smooth, rich and long lasting and has a nice smooth finish. It doesn't fade or smudge much and looks beautiful on. My mother and sisters also use this kajal and they all swear by it, even my sister who was once a strict Revlon devotee switched her kajal to Lakme's. Definitely something to pick up next time you're in India.