April 18, 2014 | 1033 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I bought this because I own the original Ange ou Demon Le Secret, and while I love it, it has very little staying power or sillage. I'm not a skin scent person. I want my perfume to PROJECT, as long as it's not obnoxious. And more than anything, I want to smell it myself even after a few hours. Before I bought it I tested it and asked the honest opinion of two of my male coworkers (I have the good fortune to work next door to an Ulta), and they loved it. They described it as "light" and "soft". I don't buy perfume to please men, but with that endorsement, I know it was a winner. (For the record, they also both liked Le Secret.)

To me, Le Secret Elixir is almost identical to Le Secret, as in it has that blast of jasmine that never leaves. Le Secret is softer and a touch greener, but if you imagine that on steroids you'll get an idea of the Elixir.

Now I know jasmine is not for everyone, but I love it. This is quite intense, but to me it's not an old lady jasmine at all. It reminds me a lot of Thierry Mugler's Alien's jasmine, but without that woody, raspy solar accord that develops on my skin. It's not an obnoxious or old-fashioned jasmine, however. There is the citrus that gives it a buoyancy and modernity. I can't pick out the musk, vanilla, or patchouli but there's an underlying sweetness that anchors it.

This is a perfume that I would buy backups of if it was dc'd. The reason that I mention it is because it's no longer on Sephora's website, and I couldn't find it on Givenchy's site either. However, those couture houses have very artsy and nonlinear websites, and they're just pushing the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of Dahlia Noir. Or maybe I'm just an idiot. I'm going to keep my eyes open to try to determine whether it's dc'd and I'll update here. If it's dc'd, please don't buy the last bottle at the Ulta in Hodgkins!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Went sniffing today and the SA suggested I try this. I'm not a big Givenchy fan. I haven't had much luck with that house since the 80's early 90's. Anyway, I have not tried any of the previous versions of Ange ou Demons so I can't compare it to those. I was expecting by the name a dark mysterious scent. On the test strip it was fresh and inviting. The white flowers, citrus and tea were quite apparent but grounded. On my skin . . . all I got was green pine needles and cedar forest. About an hour or so later . . . I smelled my wrist and it was lovely. The cedar forest had taken a back seat and allowed the florals, freshened by the citrus and tea come forward and other notes play together in a very cooperative way. It was then that I wished I hadn't decided to used my Sephora gift card for something else. But I REALLY don't need another frag . . . !!! Yeah right . . . LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went in Sephora originally to buy TM's Alien. Although I loved Alien, I did like this one a bit more on the paper and decided to go with Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir. It is a very beautiful, powerful scent and I noticed a little seems to go a long way. I am a big fan of the jasmine and musk in it and it is very sweet. I would purchase again. It was a small bottle (1 oz @ $63.00 after taxes) and I am sure I will use it up quick and yes, I would surely buy this again in a bigger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sfsuperstar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i really love this scent. i got the small bottle and wow it about a week there's already about a 1/2 inch gone. i can tell this is going to be gone fast!! its very sweet and feminine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Tulip211

I adore this scent! So why four lippies? What good is a fabulous scent if you can't smell it an hour later? I tried everything! On my clothes, in my hair... It still fades fast. Aside from that.. It's a heavenly sweet scent with a hint of spicy dried fall leaves and fresh plump grapes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by eyesonme481

Read the reviews on here and went to my local Ulta to sample. I thought it smelled wonderful, very fresh and floral. Its soft and it is not over the top where it is giving you and everyone around you a head ache.

I bought Ange Ou Demon Le Secret the orginal, I did not purchase the Elixir because there was not a bottle sitting out to sample. I imagine they are similar in smells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by crysna

Ange ou demon le secret and Elixir are so different from the orignal! I tested Elixir this week and I like it, on me is a fruity/floral with a lovely sweetnes maybe by the orange blossom that it really works on my skin. I think I detect a plum note but It's seems is not on the fragrance notes. It's not something unique but it's really well done. it's stays for a long time on my skin and morphs into a nice sweet frag. Sexy? Yes. wearable? Of course, I don't know what's on Givenchy fragrances that work really good on my skin, with some exceptions. So this is on my wishlist! Love it ;P

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by summerteeth1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this to wear for my upcoming wedding. I freaking love it. It is perfect for me. It smells soooo good. It lasts a long time, too. I am not a fan of floral or overly girly scents. This is perfect. My fiance absolutely adores it, too.

It is pricey, but hey, what good perfume isn't?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

This is a nice fragrance however it is boring. Smells like many other ones out there. On the plus side, it won't offend anybody. It is a soft floral that almost smells like it has grape in it. It lasts a decent amount of time. I will not repurchase just because it is not unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a new signature fragrance for the fall/winter as I felt that sometimes my Boyfriend fragrance could be too heavy. This is perfection for me!! I love it and it lasts on my skin for hours. Definitely recommend!