August 30, 2014 | 1063 users online

Blush - Clinique - Black Honey Gradient Powder Blusher

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Heidi53

A perfect color for my fair/medium skin tone which works great with my winter or summer skin tone changes. I add some bronzer in my cheek hollows during the fall and winter and wear alone during the summer with a medium tinted CC cream. I have what I would consider 'normal' skin, slightly oilier in summer. I am in my early 50's and would recommend this highly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by sjta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this as part of the Black Honey Collection line, and the whole set works wonderfully. This is a gradient blush which can go on dark. It shows up more as a plum on my NC 35 skintone and perfect as a fall winter blush. The finish is quite silky. I wish they would make this part of their permanent collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Black Honey Gradient Powder Blusher is part of the fall 2011 collection Black Honey and it's limited edition. I had a 20 % discount coupon which is why I decided to splurge and buy this beautiful blush. The color is difficult to describe, I'd say it's a berry-brown/mauve color. It's gradient so it goes from lighter to dark which makes it excellent as a sculpting blush. It's very pigmented and you do get a lot of product for your money. Before trying it on I was afraid it would be too dark for my pale skin but turns out it's not at all too dark for my complexion. In fact the color suits me very well, especially as a fall and winter color. Love the fresh and sophisticated result. The packaging looks stylish but yet classic. I'd repurchase if it was possible. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice color on my NW20-25 skin. The color is neutral-cool brown and lasts all day which is not usual for my cheeks usually blushes disappear from my cheeks after 3 hours. However, I have L'oreal Blush #340 which looks like Black Honey on my cheeks, can call it dupe. When I put L'oreal on one cheek and the Black Honey on the other, I really can't see a difference. Overall this is a wonderful blush, performs great, the compact looks very elegant, but I'm giving 4 because it is very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kwhilge

Love the color. Stays on for a long time! Love the black honey collection

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by yara1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried soooo many blushes and never was able to find really good sophisticated color. But I REALLY LOVE this one. Its my HOLY Grail now! I have extremely light skin, neutral to cold undertones and this one matches like heaven, and the consistensy of it is so fine... I think it would look good on girls with darker skin too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by teacherjess

I was out last weekend shopping and stopped by the Clinique counter with my mom- of course, not intending to buy anything. I saw this and felt compelled to try some out. Soooo glad I did! I have tried everything in the black honey family and have always been left disappointed. All of the black honey lip products turn a bright red on me (which I'm not a fan of), so I was shocked when I tried this and loved it.

My skin tone is a warm, caramel brown (sorry, I don't know the fancy letter/ number types) and this is the PERFECT shade of blush for me. It is like a neutral plummy shade that just makes my skin glow with a pretty freshness! My face pops when I wear this blush with my simple neutral eyeshadows and pinky brown lipcolor/ gloss combination-- very fresh and pretty for daytime. I can wear this look all year round, at work and on the weekend. The $30 price tag almost scared me off, but I feel that it will last a long time. The compact is huge. I am happy with this purchase, but since it is limited edition, I probably won't get the chance to repurchase :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by citygirl123

I carried this around Sephora for a long time deciding if it was worth the $30 price tag. I already own quite a few blushes and didn't really *need* this one, but I'm kind of obsessed with the whole black honey collection, and decided to buy it and try it out. Sephora's return policy is pretty good, anyway.

I'm SO glad I bought it. On the ride home, I kept saying to myself, "I'll probably return it - it's so much money for a blush that isn't more high-end." But I'm definitely keeping it! It's a lovely fall/winter blush and I really don't have anything like it. What twisted my arm in the store was actually feeling it in the pan - it's SO soft. I was surprised. I'm not really a Clinique person. In fact, the only thing I have is a mascara because everything else is underwhelming to me. But I love this blush.

It's also REALLY pigmented and you'll want to apply the smallest amount at first and build it up from there because it's easy to over-do this one. I'm also really impressed with the packaging. I always associate Clinique with the ugly, old lady green compacts, but I really dig the new silver ripply cases.

Overall, this was a huge hit for me. I do think it's a bit over-priced for what it is, but the color is lovely and unique, so for me, it was worth it. It does say on a few sites (including Sephora) that it's limited edition, which is another reason I snatched it up.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is limited edition for Fall 2011. It is advertised as such on the Clinique website. I paid 29.50 US $, the product is 9g or .31 oz. The compact is sturdy and not flimsy, it is made of plastic. The top is metallic silver with a clear base. The size is approx. 2 1/4 inches by 2 1/2 inches.The compact does include a mirror.

Although there doesn't really appear to be much gradiation when you look at this in the pan as it is in a picture, once you swatch this you immediately see that one side is much lighter than the other although both are of the same color. Just differences in intensity. It is very finely milled and so much so I had little to no dust when I run a brush across it. It applies almost creamy but it is not advertised as such. I did not detect any shimmer, but I do believe there may be some that is ever so slight because it does not apply chalky or "dry".

The color is a difficult one for me to describe. I can only describe it as mauvy-brown. Yet this is neither warm or cool in my opinion and if applied extremely lightly then most very fair women can use this regardless of skin undertones.

I was matched to NC 35/37 a few years ago. I have to use a very light hand with this, the pigmentation is insane! This will definately last a very long time for me. I use this as a sculpting blush, and then I take a clean blush brush and blend blend blend upwards and towards my temple area.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No