October 2, 2014 | 1021 users online

Eye Shadow - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Eye Shadow Duo - Vanilla Pods

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Cathriona

I absolutely love this product. I bought "Raisins" duo first.
To be honest, my mother owned Vanilla Pods and I loved it, and went to buy myself one after sampling hers. The rep suggested Raisins for my colouring, and I gave in to the temptation. Although I love Raisins, I ended up going back for Vanilla Pods anyway.

Am I sorry? No I'm not.

This is beautiful eyeshadow, it's creamy, and blends fabulously. I use Vanilla Pods mainly in the office, where subtlety is encouraged. I use Raisins more in my own time, the colours are a little stronger.

The packaging is beautiful. The mirror is a perfect size, the compact is so attractive it just looks lovely on my shelf or my make up bag.

The colours are subtle so I didn't have an eye popping colour by the end of the day. In fairness, I never do, with any eyeshadow, and am currently trying to find the perfect eye base to combat this problem.

Today I bought the Urban Decay potion, but have yet to try it out. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

On the minus side, an Estee Lauder rep recently told me that the duos are being discontinued. So get one now, while you still can!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great eyeshadow duo for a neutral look. The lighter color is matte the darker color has light shimmer but it's subtle. The darker color is buildable so you can change the look from lighter and more neutral to something more dramatic. I love the packaging. The mirror is nice and big spanning the entire width and height of the compact and the size of the eyeshadows is generous. I would prefer if the lighter color had more pigment, but it does give a nice sheer wash over the entire lid. It would be hard to overdo it with these colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know, I know. Estee Lauder is not cool nor edgy, Grandma's brand. Old fashioned, I thought so, too, however recently I was browsing, and came across some new duos. These are not to be confused with the round messes that came out some years ago, These are complimentary colors in a luxe compact WITH a mirror, and applicator. They are newly designed and I have to say, for $25, they are suprisingly good. The compact is equal to many much higher end brands, and I love that it has a mirror, Vanilla Pods is an unusual duo...the lighter color is a light matte taupe, and the "darker" crease color is a shade or two darker taupe with some shimmer. They are on the cool side, Application is nice...although I wish the matte color was a bit more pigmented, I think it is meant to be slightly sheer, I had no problems with pigment in the darker taupe, which is a little lighter in color and not so shimmery as MAC's satin taupe. It gave my eyes a neutral, contoured look and brought out the green, although this particular duo is very light and neutral, which is what I wanted, It's easily blendable and buildable. I have to recommend this. I believe the formula has been changed, and IMO, this can stand up to just about any brand,