April 16, 2014 | 1867 users online

Brows - Stila - Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I've always had thick, prominant brows. I've embraced them in the last few years, but I have some little bald patches. Normally they don't bother me, but I've heard for years that thick brows make you look more youthful and as I near 30 years of age (in September this year) I guess I'm finally jumping on the..."i want to look young!" band-wagon. Judge me if you must. I wouldn't say I look old, but if something is gonna make me look margonially youthful...this year I think I can be vain and indulge.

Story aside, I have looked at this product in store before and never though anything of it. I normally use pencil or powder to fill in my brows. I like those options, but they are definitely more dramatic and I was sort of entertaining the idea of something more natural looking. You know something I could use on a daily basis. That and I had a coupon for Ulta and I wanted to buy something. My makeup collection is nearing the point that I find most things available are just a repeat or reinterreptation of what I already have so I find myself reaching for things my collection is lacking....like a waterproof brow pen.

I'm not huge into waterproof pen style makeup applicators. They always disapoint me, but I think perhaps they are getting better. I'm not sure. I haven't had my pen long enough to see if it will dry out in a month....which will equal furious ranting.

I was super naughty and gross (especially for a nursing student) and use the sample in the store on my own eyes. Yeah I know some of you are saying "yuck", but sometimes I think people are overly weird about germs, plus it was my eyebrows not my eyeball. I've thrown plenty of store eyeshadow on my peepers they never got an infection so I told myself eyebrows where okay to risk. Nothing bad happened. I just got to see that the light version fo this product looked very natural, but gave my eyebrows a bit of extra something special. So I bought the product.

So far I've had it for about two weeks and I like it. My pen doesn't seem to put as much product out as the store sample, but it still works so I'm not that concerned. I just got over areas more than once. I could probably have bought the medium, but I like the idea of this product being lighter. My pencil and powders are darker. I wanted those for dramatic eyebrows and this for everyday natural brows.

Is this product necessary in my makeup arsenal? No, but I like it. It was a nice impulse buy that I can use on days I want something simple. I put this on, a neutral shadow and a bold or neutral lip. It looks young and refreshing, especially in the winter. Using the light color it is hard to go to overboard too, which is nice at 5am when I'm sort of slap-dash putting stuff on. Overall I'm happy with this purchase. I haven't bought much from Stila, but what I have I thoroughly enjoy. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by rainbowhorse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I initiallly purchased this product during my freshman year of High School when I decided I was going to start wearing make up during swin meets. I love the the look of Megan Fox and Kim Kardashian and wanted a strong brow. I already know what you're thinking "why would you wear make up when you are essentially going to "wash" it all off while you swim" I honestly feel like it make a diiference in my face and just ake me feel prettier duringmatches. This brow does works for me. To take it off at night I use baby oil or olive oil on a cotton pad to remove it. I follow up with my normal skin care routine for pm.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by klseey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the BEST brow product I have ever used.
I do not have sparce brows, but there are a few areas I like to touch up, namely the inner parts of my eyebrows because Ifeel like they dont come in enough.
there are NO red tones, and is the only natural-looking brow product i have used. it allows you to be very precise and draw on individual hairs.
HOWEVER, while it does last all day (even through sweat), it is NOT waterproof. it will come off in the pool.
its a little pricey for such a small tube, but it has lasted me 9 months so far (mostly because i do not try to completely redraw my whole eyebrow like some do....)
i feel that it is definately worth the price.
will DEFINATELY purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color several weeks ago and I absolutely love it! I have many other brow products, but I use this one the most. I bought it in the medium color (I'm dark blonde) and it's perfect, no red tones, and it's not too dark either, just right. It looks more natural for drawing in little brow hairs than anything else I have. The little brush is very thin and narrow and works beautifully. The color stays on all day long, no matter what you do and it stays really natural.

The only negative is that it's very high priced for a such a small container. But who knows, it might last a very long time!

Overall, yes, despite the price I would buy it again, it really beats every other brow product I have in my arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by carcar44324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG status! This is the best brow product I have ever tried. After going through many eyebrow products that didn't last long, were too red, or clumpy and inconvenient to apply (I'm talking to you Make Up Forever Aqua brow) I have finally found the one! I have average sized eyebrows that I've meticulously plucked over the years. Due to this they are well shaped but on the thin side. Previously the liquid brow paste would stick to the hairs and look very unnatural or too red. Stila came to the rescue with this waterproof eyebrow pen. It is perfectly colored and sticks to the skin underneath the brow so it fills them in naturally without any obvious lines. The pen tip is very precise so you can literally draw hairs underneath your own eyebrows. My hair leans light brown with red and blonde highlights. Any "taupe" pencil I've tried in the past leaves an unnatural red cast that makes me look like dressing up for Halloween. This pen gives my brows beautiful natural shape without any red cast. Now they frame my face so beautifully, it makes a huge difference in my look. I have yet to see how long the pen lasts but I will definitely repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Clareholmes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have genetically sparse brows (by this I mean I don't overpluck, I was born this way!) that look nigh invisible if I don't use something on them. I've been pencilling in my eyebrows since I was about 14, so believe me when I say I have tried everything from Boots 17 in the early days, to the extremely expensive Laura Mercier (and matching brush). I tried this product on a whim, because I thought it would be a good alternative to Suquu's VERY EXPENSIVE offering.

I'll start with the cons from all the other reviews I've read (and why you should take them with a pinch of salt):

1. It doesn't last very long
No, it doesn't. I think I made this last 2/3 months before it ran out. It's not amazing, but it is a lot better than a lot of similar products (I'm talking about you Soap & Glory Archery, you should be ashamed of yourself). Also, for the love of God, store it tip down!!!

2. It's so light and fine!
YES! And this is why it's fantastic. Rather than looking like an 8 year old has way crayoned your eyebrows onto your face you can literally draw on hairs onto your eyebrows. The fact that it's so light also means if you make a mistake it's not as fatal as if you had a Mac pencil in your hand.

3. It's expensive
Maybe, if you're comparing to to drugstore brands. But it's the same price as Mac's eyebrow pencil, and it's cheaper than Suquu (and better in my opinion).

4. It takes longer
Yes, it does. That's because it's light and fine. But they're also the reasons why nobody is going to look at you on the tube and think 'I can see where you've drawn your eyebrows on.'

And the pros (and by pros, the I mean the things that make it the best eyebrow product in the history of forever).

1. The colours
Newsflash, just because I have light brown warm coloured, not really ginger, hair it does not mean that I want to colour my brows in like a drag queen, or that I want a red brown. All I want is for my eyebrows to look like they grew into a lovely shape. And finally! A light brown/blonde colour without any warmth that is basically invisible. Anyone else who has super light brows, that needs a bit more oomph will appreciate the halleluia moment of finding something in a colour that doesn't make you look like you're from TOWIE. When I use this people ask me if I've had my eyebrows threaded because they look so good. Nobody knows that I draw them on everyday (and I will never tell them!)

2. It lasts
All day, and all night, and if you're lazy/stay out all night dancing, until the morning after. No Cinderella style 'but where have your eyebrows gone' moments.

In conclusion: it's amazing, buy it, and then you will understand why you £13.50 every 2/3 months doesn't seem so expensive anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by AllisonFZB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent product, like a thin Magic Marker for the brows. Though I'm brown-skinned with dark brows, I buy the medium-color pencil, since the dark one looks too stark. Great for filling in sparse areas, and it stays on until you take it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Davisra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm 58 and have seen my uneven eyebrows (one is higher than the other) gradually disappear as I grow older. So far Botox has helped what brows I have stay up, but they are thin with several noticeable bald spots. I have tried brow powders, pencils, gels & brushes from Anastasia, Too-Faced, Bobbie Brown, Lancome - none have worked. Powder doesn't stick to my skin unless I use eyebrow wax first which only makes the few hairs I have stick to my skin which makes it tough to apply the powder. More powder lands on (and sticks!) my nose than on my eyebrows, meaning more time wasted doing repair work. Using eyebrow pencils works if you have full lashes, but looks really fake when you have to fill in too many bare spots. Stupid eyebrow stencils from Anastasia & Too-Faced must be made for giants - every single one is way too long for my eyebrows (seriously, who has eyebrows that extend to their earlobes?). Since stencils don't work, I have to draw my brows free-form & it literally takes me longer to do my brows everyday than all my other makeup application time combined. Even when I have the rare day where the powder sticks and the eyebrows end up looking even, by the time I finish drying my hair, the ends have smeared or been smudged off.

Long story short - I found the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof brow color and it's truly a godsend! The "medium" color is perfect (no reddish tint) and once it's on, it stays on all day - hallelujah! It covers my bare spots beautifully, too. I don't mind spending more money on a product that actually does what I bought it to do. This one's a keeper!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Terrible product. I have dark eye brows but they are sparse and as such I use a brow powder and pencil for my day to day. I bought this product after the makeup artist told me how defined it makes your brows and how the pen is so great for applying. The pen itself is a decent idea however I found that the brush was too soft to do any proper lines on my brow. I bought the darkest shade and the product itself was almost grey and so light I could barely see it. The product itself dried out after 2 weeks even with the cap being on properly.

I would not buy again, for $27.00 this was a total waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is defintely a WOW product. I have dark bushy eye brows and nothing seemed to give me that polished looked. I have tried Anastasia Beverly Hills pencils but they didn't seem to last long. This tint truly last all day long. It has a soft pencil like tip and can be a little hard to wash off (sea breeze astringent helps). What i love about this tint is that it goes on very lightly and you can darken it with just a few light storkes. It's perfect for shading. I finish it off with e.l.f wet gloss lash and brow clear masacara and finally, my brows look polished :*) Only draw back is the price!