Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color

4.2

on 5/13/2015 9:25:00 AM

I almost forgot about this, but then picked it up when I was at the register and it was sitting there calling to me! So glad I got this because its a great product and I'm very impressed.

First let me tell you that I have wimpy sparse brows that require extending at the tails. I have a pale asian complexion and because my brows are sparse I need to use more of a grey/taupe type of colour (not too dark). For years I've used Shiseido brow powder, Anastasia Brow Wiz and Brow Pomade for colour matching but they were all lacking in longevity. The ends of my brows would always disappear at the end of the day.

This Stila product stays ALL DAY! I lean towards oily type skin, I have bangs and I wore this for easily 14 hours and my brows (and tails) were still there! I have this product in the Medium shade and its perfect for my sparse brows. Its very easy to draw in the brow (little short thin strokes to mimic brow hairs is best) and it looks pretty natural. I was worried it would look too strong, or that the brush strokes would be too obvious but the formula is sheer enough that the colour shows but does not look like you've drawn your brows in with a sharpie.

The only downfall to this product is the waterproof aspect. I've tried on two occasions to splash water on my brows and while it can withstand it to some degree, it starts breaking down after a few good splashes - especially if you touch your brows while its wet. So it can handle some light water action, I wouldn't recommend you go surfing in it. This is a minor issue to me so I still give it 5 lippies because I think its one of the most impressive brow products on the market.

The pen is very small and compact, the cap closes well, and it cost 27$CAD which is about standard pricing for most good quality brow products. We just have to wait and see how long before it dries out! Highly recommend this product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE IT!! I have finally found the one! 3 years ago my eyebrows completely fell out due to Thyroid issues. Ever since then I've been trying different eye brow products. My last favorite was Anastasia pomade which worked the best out of all the products but I found it would still come off at the end of the day or if I was hot and sweaty. I had heard about this product but didn't want to try it thinking it would look too fake for some reason. I finally decided to try it as I'm not too happy with the Anastasia anymore and I'm so happy I did! It's so easy to use and the colour actually works for me. I'm blonde with fair skin and it's so hard to get the right colour in products. Most are too orange or red. I use the light colour and it's the perfect blonde colour. This stays on all day! Plus it is really easy to get a nice shape. So happy I found this product! It might take some people a little bit to get the perfect application but it is so worth it.

on 5/7/2015 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For years I've been using powder for my brows and I thought I'd try a change. This is like a felt tip pen and I'm really enjoying the end result. My brows are more pronounced and the colour stays on all day. I'm currently using the colour "dark" but next time I might purchase the lighter shade.

on 3/27/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This little treasure has earned its place in my everyday make-up routine. For the past 7 years I've been using brow pencils (mac, anastasia, rimmel) to fill in my sparse eyebrows and sometimes I used to find it hard to draw a decent arch on my brows using pencils or -even worse- eyeshadows. Until I came across a sale on asos.com and I got two of them, in shades light and dark, for the price of one (stila has recently changed the packaging so the old versions were a total rip-off).

Packaging: Packaging looks quite as their eyeliners one except for the tip which is smaller, almost half-size, and softer. Also, the same applies for their brown liners- product should be kept pointing downwards so to prevent it from drying out.

Products: I am a brunette with slightly highlighted ends and I wanted to create the same ombre effect on my brows. So this compination is a winner for me! The trick of this product is to create really small -barely touching the skin- strokes to immitate brow hair. I apply this technique using the dark shade to draw myself an arch and a sharp end. And then I use the light one which is meant to be used by blondes to fill in the inner part bringing it slightly closer to my nose to give an illusion of a smaller nose. And this is the way I create the perfect ombre eyebrow that works with my dark hair colour.

Cons: The only problem I have with it (appart from the price 8-o) is that I find the dark shade a bit harsh to draw my entire brow with, so I fill in my brows with an ashy-brown shaded pencil (like anastasia's one) and then I create my well-defined ombre brows with stila's liners. So I find it to be mostly a complimentary product (but a really well-worth buying-can't live without- one!!)

Conclusion: I know their price is really high (just a little over 20 euros each), but you only use a little product and the final result is pretty amazing so I would be repurchasing until I find a cheaper and equally decent product to replace this with!

on 3/23/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE
I lowered the rating of this with one lippie. The reason is: sometimes this can go on a tiny bit patchy, and I hav found something that doesn't have this problem: Shiseido Integrate Liquid Eyebrow Pen! I have this in Dark Brow(n?), and it's a cooler brown shade that looks completely natual, super easy to use and is also waterproof :) While Stila har 0.7 mL of product, Shiseido has 0.5, but it's still about the same price per mL. I have also now purchased Brow(n?), which is supposed to be a redder shade, as I colored my hair chestnut a little while ago. I'll try to update this when I get it
END OF UPDATE

I can't get over it - I love how my brows look with this on! :D I have never used anything that made my brows look naturally dense! I have usually used powder to fill in my brows, but 1) matte powder makes my brows look fake (they're not very full) 2) satin colours look more natural on, but required some work, as using even a thin slanted eyeliner brysh left strokes on my brows that didn't look anything like brow hairs. Yes, I always blended stuff out with a spoolie, but then I just got a gradient effect, which just doesn't look natural on me. My face doesn't look good with heavily filled-in brows - this product doesn't give me that heavy look

I have this in the colour Medium (the darker medium - there are two of these), which is a cool/neutral, gray colour. It's very light/translucent, but it's easy to build up the intensity, and this also prevents any harsh strokes. I had a learning curve with this that took 3-4 days, but now, filling in my brows takes very little time: I just drag this through my brows very fast, in the direction the hairs are growing! :) I bet this can work on anyone from blondes to those with pretty dark hair (like me)

The packaging is very sleek, the felt tip is mostly stiff, but slightly soft at the end, which allows you to draw thin lines - no complains about the packaging or how it works

I haven't tested out if it's water proof (beach-season isn't here yet :P), but there's no fading during the day. I don't know for how long one of these liners will last me. I wil update this when this runs out (already dreading it - it' isn't cheap...) I definitely love how this looks on though! :)

If you're not satisfied with mid-end brands, you can get the Shiseido waterproof liquid eyebrow pen in Moss Green for the same effect :P No, it's not green, just a taupe-grey

on 2/23/2015 4:52:00 AM

great product, starts off light but the colour builds up easily to an intense brow when i want it

on 2/20/2015 6:35:00 AM

I'm dealing with some hypothyroid issues at the moment and I guess I'm just getting older. Bottom line- my brows needed help.
As a kid, I had great but sometimes unruly brows. I looked like the love child of Audrey Hepburn....and Stalin. So I just let them grow wild between waxings and never really mastered the tools of brow homecare.

But this Stila pencil has been an aha moment.

The colors are right- oftentimes brown pencils run dark and you end up with early 90's Madonna brows.

But Stila has factored this in, and the pencils actually run a bit light, which is good for you. Far more natural.

Staying power? Amazing. You have to actively scrub your brows at night to get this off.

And the best part- it really is a *pen*. It is so fine and precise that you can actually spot treat with this. It goes on wet but dries instantly. But because it is so effective, a little goes a LONG way. A few quick strokes in the thin areas and you're done. Walk away.

As I said above, I never really 'got' pencils. Blunt and waxy, I would always pretty much have to do the whole brow or nothing. And the waxiness of the pencil would lift the brow hairs and ruin the shape of the brow. What's the point?

But this product goes on with surgical precision...and when you're done, you can't even tell it's there. You just look like someone with naturally great, glossy, healthy brows.

HG!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brow pen goes on light and is easily buildable. It also lasts all day through sweat and oily skin. I can't recommend this enough!

on 11/16/2014 12:33:00 PM

I have tried Anastasia, MAC, etc, and my manager's amazing arches prompted me to ask what she was using. I don't like a Mommy Dearest look and this is perfect for a natural effect. My brows are dark brown and the dark shade worked well on me. The color is buildable so even though it is only in three shades (add a red and black shade, Stila), you can probably find the right match provided you're in the blonde or brunette range. There is a technique learning curve especially if you are accustomed to pencil or gel but it's well-worth the practice to get it right. PS: the lasting power is impressive. It smokes Anastasia and MAC and was alcohol and waterproof, almost even soap-proof (hence the need to get a feel for it first, it WILL stay awhile). HG material.

on 10/9/2014 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Horrible. Like someone had drawn in my brows with texta, which is exactly what happened I guess. I can understand the concept, a thin cosmetic texta that allows you to draw in individual hairs, but the tip is just not fine enough for that, so I ended up with short whispy texta marks. Thin feathery, but still texta. I wore it for two days and didn't allow anyone to get too close to check out my brows. Waste of money :(

Popular Brows Products