Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color

4.2

on 3/27/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This little treasure has earned its place in my everyday make-up routine. For the past 7 years I've been using brow pencils (mac, anastasia, rimmel) to fill in my sparse eyebrows and sometimes I used to find it hard to draw a decent arch on my brows using pencils or -even worse- eyeshadows. Until I came across a sale on asos.com and I got two of them, in shades light and dark, for the price of one (stila has recently changed the packaging so the old versions were a total rip-off).

Packaging: Packaging looks quite as their eyeliners one except for the tip which is smaller, almost half-size, and softer. Also, the same applies for their brown liners- product should be kept pointing downwards so to prevent it from drying out.

Products: I am a brunette with slightly highlighted ends and I wanted to create the same ombre effect on my brows. So this compination is a winner for me! The trick of this product is to create really small -barely touching the skin- strokes to immitate brow hair. I apply this technique using the dark shade to draw myself an arch and a sharp end. And then I use the light one which is meant to be used by blondes to fill in the inner part bringing it slightly closer to my nose to give an illusion of a smaller nose. And this is the way I create the perfect ombre eyebrow that works with my dark hair colour.

Cons: The only problem I have with it (appart from the price 8-o) is that I find the dark shade a bit harsh to draw my entire brow with, so I fill in my brows with an ashy-brown shaded pencil (like anastasia's one) and then I create my well-defined ombre brows with stila's liners. So I find it to be mostly a complimentary product (but a really well-worth buying-can't live without- one!!)

Conclusion: I know their price is really high (just a little over 20 euros each), but you only use a little product and the final result is pretty amazing so I would be repurchasing until I find a cheaper and equally decent product to replace this with!

on 3/23/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't get over it - I love how my brows look with this on! :D I have never used anything that made my brows look naturally dense! I have usually used powder to fill in my brows, but 1) matte powder makes my brows look fake (they're not very full) 2) satin colours look more natural on, but required some work, as using even a thin slanted eyeliner brysh left strokes on my brows that didn't look anything like brow hairs. Yes, I always blended stuff out with a spoolie, but then I just got a gradient effect, which just doesn't look natural on me - my face doesn't look good with heavily filled-in brows - this product doesn't give me that heavy look

I have this in the colour Medium, which is a cool/neutral, gray colour. It's very light, but it's easy to build up the intensity, and this also prevents any harsh strokes. I had a learning curve with this that took 3-4 days, but now, filling in my brows takes very little time: I just drag this through my brows very fast, in the direction the hairs are growing! :) I bet this can work on anyone from blondes to those with pretty dark hair (like me)

The package is very sleek, the felt tip is mostly stiff, but slightly soft at the end, which allows you to draw thin lines - no complains about the packaging or how it works

I haven't tested out if it's water proof (beach-season isn't here yet :P), and I don't know for how long one of these liners will last me. I wil update this when this runs out (already dreading it - it' isn't cheap...) I definitely love how this looks on though! :)

If you're not satisfied with mid-end brands, you can get the Shiseido waterproof liquid eyebrow pen in Moss Green for the same effect :P No, it's not green, just a taupe-grey

on 2/23/2015 4:52:00 AM

great product, starts off light but the colour builds up easily to an intense brow when i want it

on 2/20/2015 6:35:00 AM

I'm dealing with some hypothyroid issues at the moment and I guess I'm just getting older. Bottom line- my brows needed help.
As a kid, I had great but sometimes unruly brows. I looked like the love child of Audrey Hepburn....and Stalin. So I just let them grow wild between waxings and never really mastered the tools of brow homecare.

But this Stila pencil has been an aha moment.

The colors are right- oftentimes brown pencils run dark and you end up with early 90's Madonna brows.

But Stila has factored this in, and the pencils actually run a bit light, which is good for you. Far more natural.

Staying power? Amazing. You have to actively scrub your brows at night to get this off.

And the best part- it really is a *pen*. It is so fine and precise that you can actually spot treat with this. It goes on wet but dries instantly. But because it is so effective, a little goes a LONG way. A few quick strokes in the thin areas and you're done. Walk away.

As I said above, I never really 'got' pencils. Blunt and waxy, I would always pretty much have to do the whole brow or nothing. And the waxiness of the pencil would lift the brow hairs and ruin the shape of the brow. What's the point?

But this product goes on with surgical precision...and when you're done, you can't even tell it's there. You just look like someone with naturally great, glossy, healthy brows.

HG!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brow pen goes on light and is easily buildable. It also lasts all day through sweat and oily skin. I can't recommend this enough!

on 11/16/2014 12:33:00 PM

I have tried Anastasia, MAC, etc, and my manager's amazing arches prompted me to ask what she was using. I don't like a Mommy Dearest look and this is perfect for a natural effect. My brows are dark brown and the dark shade worked well on me. The color is buildable so even though it is only in three shades (add a red and black shade, Stila), you can probably find the right match provided you're in the blonde or brunette range. There is a technique learning curve especially if you are accustomed to pencil or gel but it's well-worth the practice to get it right. PS: the lasting power is impressive. It smokes Anastasia and MAC and was alcohol and waterproof, almost even soap-proof (hence the need to get a feel for it first, it WILL stay awhile). HG material.

on 10/9/2014 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Horrible. Like someone had drawn in my brows with texta, which is exactly what happened I guess. I can understand the concept, a thin cosmetic texta that allows you to draw in individual hairs, but the tip is just not fine enough for that, so I ended up with short whispy texta marks. Thin feathery, but still texta. I wore it for two days and didn't allow anyone to get too close to check out my brows. Waste of money :(

on 9/16/2014 4:06:00 PM

This is the best brow color I've ever tried- and I've tried a lot, including Anastasia, bare minerals, Mac, and Benefit. I have this is medium which matches my brows and looks natural. I like how it leans taupe and doesn't have any red it in. It goes on easily and you can't even tell I have it on. It just makes my brows look awesome. The only complaint I have is that you get so little for the price- I seem to run out so quickly. Also it's not completely waterproof. But still, I'd definitely buy it again and again.

on 8/16/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been looking for a good brow product that looks natural and is easy to apply for years, and I've wasted a lot of money in the process. I am, however, very pleased with this one from Stila. I've tried several brow pens--from Laura Geller, Anastasia, and others--but found that they looked pretty unnatural and had no staying power. Not so with this one. I have it in light, which is perfect for my complexion, and is a very natural brown without red tones (finally!). The component is short, which gives good control for application, and although the felt tip itself is a bit longer and more floppy than I expected, it provided a very accurate, easy, natural application. And this stuff wears incredibly well--I've had no running or fading, even in the desert heat. I also have had no problems with application--I store the pen tip-down, wipe it off on a paper towel after use, and it's just fine. So with this, my trusty Shu seal brown pencil, and my Stila duo powder, I feel that I'm well prepared to groom my brows for any look, from natural to dramatic.

on 7/31/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is the best eyebrow pen I have used in terms of color tone and lasting power. I have always shied away from using brow pens in general because it always conjured up images of tattooed on or sharpied on brows. I have been using the Anastasia brow pencil for a long time but a couple of months ago decided to try a brow pen for a change. The first several I tried were either wrong in color, didn't last long or both. My main issue with brow products in general is the color and since I have soft black brows, I need a color that is devoid of any warmth in it.

I purchased the Stila pen in medium and it is a near perfect match to my brows. Compared to the Anastasia brow pen, the Stila pen is a lot cooler in tone. The color comes out as soft gray-taupe without any red or orange tones. I use it to mainly fill in gaps and to extend the tails of my brows. The formula is thin, deposits just the right amount of pigment, is buildable and dries very quickly. The applicator is a thin, soft and flexible felt tip that allows you to draw realistic looking hairlike strokes. The best part about the product other than the color is it lasts a long time. Even on my oily skin, the product stays on from morning until I take it off at night. In my experience, it is waterproof (or at least rain proof) but it does come off with soap. I purchased it from Sephora for $21 and I've used it for a little over two months now. I don't use it on the whole brows and I store it with the tip down so maybe this is why mine hasn't faded like some other reviewers stated. For me this is definitely a repeat buy.