November 26, 2014 | 1693 users online

Brows - Stila - Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried Anastasia, MAC, etc, and my manager's amazing arches prompted me to ask what she was using. I don't like a Mommy Dearest look and this is perfect for a natural effect. My brows are dark brown and the dark shade worked well on me. The color is buildable so even though it is only in three shades (add a red and black shade, Stila), you can probably find the right match provided you're in the blonde or brunette range. There is a technique learning curve especially if you are accustomed to pencil or gel but it's well-worth the practice to get it right. PS: the lasting power is impressive. It smokes Anastasia and MAC and was alcohol and waterproof, almost even soap-proof (hence the need to get a feel for it first, it WILL stay awhile). HG material.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible. Like someone had drawn in my brows with texta, which is exactly what happened I guess. I can understand the concept, a thin cosmetic texta that allows you to draw in individual hairs, but the tip is just not fine enough for that, so I ended up with short whispy texta marks. Thin feathery, but still texta. I wore it for two days and didn't allow anyone to get too close to check out my brows. Waste of money :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

This is the best brow color I've ever tried- and I've tried a lot, including Anastasia, bare minerals, Mac, and Benefit. I have this is medium which matches my brows and looks natural. I like how it leans taupe and doesn't have any red it in. It goes on easily and you can't even tell I have it on. It just makes my brows look awesome. The only complaint I have is that you get so little for the price- I seem to run out so quickly. Also it's not completely waterproof. But still, I'd definitely buy it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a good brow product that looks natural and is easy to apply for years, and I've wasted a lot of money in the process. I am, however, very pleased with this one from Stila. I've tried several brow pens--from Laura Geller, Anastasia, and others--but found that they looked pretty unnatural and had no staying power. Not so with this one. I have it in light, which is perfect for my complexion, and is a very natural brown without red tones (finally!). The component is short, which gives good control for application, and although the felt tip itself is a bit longer and more floppy than I expected, it provided a very accurate, easy, natural application. And this stuff wears incredibly well--I've had no running or fading, even in the desert heat. I also have had no problems with application--I store the pen tip-down, wipe it off on a paper towel after use, and it's just fine. So with this, my trusty Shu seal brown pencil, and my Stila duo powder, I feel that I'm well prepared to groom my brows for any look, from natural to dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyebrow pen I have used in terms of color tone and lasting power. I have always shied away from using brow pens in general because it always conjured up images of tattooed on or sharpied on brows. I have been using the Anastasia brow pencil for a long time but a couple of months ago decided to try a brow pen for a change. The first several I tried were either wrong in color, didn't last long or both. My main issue with brow products in general is the color and since I have soft black brows, I need a color that is devoid of any warmth in it.

I purchased the Stila pen in medium and it is a near perfect match to my brows. Compared to the Anastasia brow pen, the Stila pen is a lot cooler in tone. The color comes out as soft gray-taupe without any red or orange tones. I use it to mainly fill in gaps and to extend the tails of my brows. The formula is thin, deposits just the right amount of pigment, is buildable and dries very quickly. The applicator is a thin, soft and flexible felt tip that allows you to draw realistic looking hairlike strokes. The best part about the product other than the color is it lasts a long time. Even on my oily skin, the product stays on from morning until I take it off at night. In my experience, it is waterproof (or at least rain proof) but it does come off with soap. I purchased it from Sephora for $21 and I've used it for a little over two months now. I don't use it on the whole brows and I store it with the tip down so maybe this is why mine hasn't faded like some other reviewers stated. For me this is definitely a repeat buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by claregriffin

I have been looking for the holy grail of eyebrow colours for years. I've tried almost every brand which claims to be waterproof or claims to last all day. The best I have used is one which I found on the internet which was an unbranded make, it was great but not waterproof. Then I found this brand and after reading the reviews decided to buy it. I have to say I've been thrilled with it, it does stay on all day!! I haven't tried it with regards to the waterproof part of it yet but I wear it when I sweat it out at the gym and unless you really consciously wipe your eyebrows it seems to stay on okay. I am off on holiday in a few weeks time so this will be the ultimate test if it lasts from swimming. I have to say I don't wear this all alone I always use a pencil also but this is great for filling in the colour and then fix my brows with brow gel. I have mid blonde hair so I went for the medium as I wasn't sure the light would be dark enough for me and I like a statement brown. The medium is great but ideally I would like to try the light. I wouldn't say this is the holy grail of brow colour but for the time being until something that is completely waterproof, sweatproof and lasts all day comes along I will be sticking to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Soleduvala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I switched around to find a cheaper alternative to this, but there isn't. This eyebrow pen in medium has a bit of a taupiness to it, which is just what I need for a more natural look. I'm Filipino so my hair is a very dark brown. I've tried a pen with a more brownish tint, but it was just a little to obvious for me. I've come to believe this eyebrow pen is the one for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by AMSClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG! Best brow product I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mkmkmkmkmk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Switched to this after using Anastasia Brow Wiz for a long time; not to say that one is better than the other, they're just completely different.

This is a liquid product that is dispensed via brush tip, and it goes on kind of like a felt pen. Despite how that sounds, it applies evenly, without streaks and is quite light so you can build up the colour. The brush tip is also very easy to "draw" with and gives clean edges without looking too sharp or harsh.

Colourwise, be careful! I was about to buy the Dark colour since I have black (Asian) brows, but the cosmetics consultant recommended Medium, and it's perfect for my fair-medium complexion.

One thing it has over the Anastasia Brow Wiz is that it does last all day and is waterproof. I've noticed that some people mention it drying out, but I've had mine for over four months, use it almost every day, and it's still going, just have to shake it once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by pennycreative

I love this product. I have decent brows but they are thinner and more sparse towards the outer edges. All these years I would just use a dark brown eye pencil to fill them in. This is fine but not really long lasting.
I finally looked into a more longer lasting product and on a whim bought this from Sephora in the dark brown shade. It goes on smoothly and is not at all hard to apply. A couple of people have mentioned that there is lesser product that comes out, I think this is a good thing because there is a lesser chance of applying too much in one stroke. IT LOOKS NATURAL. The first time I used it a friend said my brows look really nice. It stays on for most of the day. I apply it in the morning and then leave it. It does seem to get a bit less dark towards the evening but does not totally disappear.
I'm not sure I would call it waterproof though. I have washed my face and its gone. Still I think the pros outweigh the cons for me so I will keep using it.