August 20, 2014 | 1875 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Top 2 Bottom basecoat and topcoat in one

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looooove this stuff. I got it in a buy one get one free sale at Sally's and only picked it up because I needed a new base coat. Now I use this as a base coat (if I'm working with dark or blue nail polishes, I use two coats because otherwise it can sometimes let the polish...seep through, I guess, and stain the nails) with a thick coat of Pro-FX fast drying topcoat and my nail polish stays on for WEEKS. I'm not even kidding. I painted my nails lastttt...Monday I think it was? It's Thursday right now and the tips haven't even started to wear yet and I could probably get away with wearing this until next weekend without a single chip. For some reason this basecoat with that top coat just works wonders for me and since I've found this combination, I usually get sick of my nail polish before it chips, which is a miracle. However, I find it's way too thin to be a topcoat. But I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good base coat :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by katiepoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product for the efficient spender in you. I like it for both the top and bottom. It dries moderately fast, and it's a thinner liquid. My secret recipe is this as the top and bottom coats, and then a quick dry as the 5th layer (wow am I really that insane with my nails? Base coat, two layers of color, top coat, quick dry). The quick dry top coat is NYC's "In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish." This combination literally lasts a week with minimal touch ups. Incredible.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Haleys18

I got the smaller size of this 2-in-1 polish at marshalls for $2.99. I really like how fast it dries on bare nails and how it helps my polish last longer when I use it as both a base and top coat. It does take a little longer to dry when used as a top coat but I don't mind the wait. It is not overly glossy but not matte either. Overall a very good product that I will purchase in the full sized version.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Moelicious209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works well as a base coat. Does not chip or lift off very easily. I use this as a base coat and add a coat of Orly Tough Cookie on top. I get lots of compliments on the length of my nails. My nails are definitely stronger and longer with this base. Never had a problem with stained nail beds using this product. I have a picture in my profile as proof that this product works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent basecoat. I don't usually use it as a topcoat because I use another quick dry one. It smooths out your nail. I do agree with the reviewer a few below this one, it won't keep your nails from yellowing when you use a dark color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never had a mani last this long. on me a mani last a day at the most. with top 2 bottom my mani has lasted 3 days. I cleaned my nails with alcohol first and put color on while the bottom coat was still wet(as sugested by another reveiwer)

Up date: my mani has lasted 5 days. on the second mani I used a nail dehydrater after cleaning with alcohol, then sealed the edge of my nail on the bottom coat and top coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

It's a decent base coat, it helps polish apply smoothly and adhere better to your nail. Darker polishes will stain your nails, though.

I don't like it as a top coat because it's not glossy enough for me, and because I'd rather use a top coat that helps my nail polish dry faster. (This one dries like any regular NP... takes a while)

Overall, decent product, you won't be disappointed if you buy it. I will finish up this bottle, but there are better BC and TC out there, so I won't repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by kc0812

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After 20 false starts and much wasted money, I've finally found a product to help my nails survive their tough existence. I used this as clear polish for a few weeks, and now I've got enough nails to use colored polish on! I don't need to use it as a top coat. I am thrilled. I find if you apply the first coat of color immediately, while the base coat is still wet, the manicure lasts for a long time. I've used them all, but Orly colors are the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by TheatricalWinter

Luckily, Top2Bottom comes as a free gift whenever I buy 2 or more Orly polishes. I haven't figured out what makes this one work its magic, because whenever I try it with a polish that isn't from Orly... it lasts for WEEKS without chipping! It's crazy how much I even tried to make them chip on purpose, like bending them or scrapping off the edges, and the nail polish still wouldn't chip! It's a great base coat, and luckily, as a top coat it won't give your nails an entirely different look, either. I wouldn't recommend it for wearing it alone for gloss, but it does look beautiful over matte nails.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lovemolove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I have to steer away from the crowd to say I don't like this product. As a base coat it's fine, but it is a horrible top coat. I'm about half way done and have started to see severe bubbling on my nails after applying it. The shine quality is ok although over time it really dulls down for me. The lasting power without wear and tear varies for me. Sometimes it takes minutes after drying before it starts to chip, other times I can go as long as a week wihout chipping. I just don't understand this product. Sadly, the worst thing about this is the drying time. It literally takes 2-3 hours for the top coat to completely set. It's such a bummer to spend time painting your nails perfectly only to wake up with marks and bed imprints in them. Definitely won't be missing this product or repurchasing.