November 26, 2014 | 1573 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Top 2 Bottom basecoat and topcoat in one

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is GOOD! I applied it as a base and top coat on my nails 2 days ago and my nails are still perfect. I know that's not long... But I'm rough with my nails so usually I have multiple chips after about 1 day! I used to use OPI base coat and found it didn't really 'stick' to my nails. I could peel it off. My orly one binds really well. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looooove this stuff. I got it in a buy one get one free sale at Sally's and only picked it up because I needed a new base coat. Now I use this as a base coat (if I'm working with dark or blue nail polishes, I use two coats because otherwise it can sometimes let the polish...seep through, I guess, and stain the nails) with a thick coat of Pro-FX fast drying topcoat and my nail polish stays on for WEEKS. I'm not even kidding. I painted my nails lastttt...Monday I think it was? It's Thursday right now and the tips haven't even started to wear yet and I could probably get away with wearing this until next weekend without a single chip. For some reason this basecoat with that top coat just works wonders for me and since I've found this combination, I usually get sick of my nail polish before it chips, which is a miracle. However, I find it's way too thin to be a topcoat. But I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good base coat :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by katiepoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product for the efficient spender in you. I like it for both the top and bottom. It dries moderately fast, and it's a thinner liquid. My secret recipe is this as the top and bottom coats, and then a quick dry as the 5th layer (wow am I really that insane with my nails? Base coat, two layers of color, top coat, quick dry). The quick dry top coat is NYC's "In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish." This combination literally lasts a week with minimal touch ups. Incredible.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Haleys18

I got the smaller size of this 2-in-1 polish at marshalls for $2.99. I really like how fast it dries on bare nails and how it helps my polish last longer when I use it as both a base and top coat. It does take a little longer to dry when used as a top coat but I don't mind the wait. It is not overly glossy but not matte either. Overall a very good product that I will purchase in the full sized version.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Moelicious209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works well as a base coat. Does not chip or lift off very easily. I use this as a base coat and add a coat of Orly Tough Cookie on top. I get lots of compliments on the length of my nails. My nails are definitely stronger and longer with this base. Never had a problem with stained nail beds using this product. I have a picture in my profile as proof that this product works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent basecoat. I don't usually use it as a topcoat because I use another quick dry one. It smooths out your nail. I do agree with the reviewer a few below this one, it won't keep your nails from yellowing when you use a dark color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never had a mani last this long. on me a mani last a day at the most. with top 2 bottom my mani has lasted 3 days. I cleaned my nails with alcohol first and put color on while the bottom coat was still wet(as sugested by another reveiwer)

Up date: my mani has lasted 5 days. on the second mani I used a nail dehydrater after cleaning with alcohol, then sealed the edge of my nail on the bottom coat and top coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

It's a decent base coat, it helps polish apply smoothly and adhere better to your nail. Darker polishes will stain your nails, though.

I don't like it as a top coat because it's not glossy enough for me, and because I'd rather use a top coat that helps my nail polish dry faster. (This one dries like any regular NP... takes a while)

Overall, decent product, you won't be disappointed if you buy it. I will finish up this bottle, but there are better BC and TC out there, so I won't repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by kc0812

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After 20 false starts and much wasted money, I've finally found a product to help my nails survive their tough existence. I used this as clear polish for a few weeks, and now I've got enough nails to use colored polish on! I don't need to use it as a top coat. I am thrilled. I find if you apply the first coat of color immediately, while the base coat is still wet, the manicure lasts for a long time. I've used them all, but Orly colors are the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by TheatricalWinter

Luckily, Top2Bottom comes as a free gift whenever I buy 2 or more Orly polishes. I haven't figured out what makes this one work its magic, because whenever I try it with a polish that isn't from Orly... it lasts for WEEKS without chipping! It's crazy how much I even tried to make them chip on purpose, like bending them or scrapping off the edges, and the nail polish still wouldn't chip! It's a great base coat, and luckily, as a top coat it won't give your nails an entirely different look, either. I wouldn't recommend it for wearing it alone for gloss, but it does look beautiful over matte nails.