Orly Top 2 Bottom basecoat and topcoat in one

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Camphor

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I loved this product! I've been searching for a good base coat for years!

This is the closest to salon quality base coat I have found yet. It dries on your bare nail very quickly. (By the time I was on my pinky, my thumb was already dry.)

I haven't tried it as a top coat yet, because reading other reviews, it seems like it isn't a very glossy finish, so I used a different one.

Its been a week and I hardly see any chipping.. Only my thumb has chipped, and that's probably because I'm always typing like crazy!

on 12/31/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I used this product twice now and both tried as base and top coat. If I'm using it as a base coat I don't see any problem but as a top coat it's HORRIBLE! It takes HOURS before it gets dry. Usually I do my nails at night so when I started using this product my nails will be MESSED UP in the morning, from bedding marks to hair marks. Ugh! :'(

on 9/25/2014 8:07:00 PM

This stuff is GOOD! I applied it as a base and top coat on my nails 2 days ago and my nails are still perfect. I know that's not long... But I'm rough with my nails so usually I have multiple chips after about 1 day! I used to use OPI base coat and found it didn't really 'stick' to my nails. I could peel it off. My orly one binds really well. Would definitely repurchase!

on 11/22/2013 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I looooove this stuff. I got it in a buy one get one free sale at Sally's and only picked it up because I needed a new base coat. Now I use this as a base coat (if I'm working with dark or blue nail polishes, I use two coats because otherwise it can sometimes let the polish...seep through, I guess, and stain the nails) with a thick coat of Pro-FX fast drying topcoat and my nail polish stays on for WEEKS. I'm not even kidding. I painted my nails lastttt...Monday I think it was? It's Thursday right now and the tips haven't even started to wear yet and I could probably get away with wearing this until next weekend without a single chip. For some reason this basecoat with that top coat just works wonders for me and since I've found this combination, I usually get sick of my nail polish before it chips, which is a miracle. However, I find it's way too thin to be a topcoat. But I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good base coat :)

on 11/17/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great product for the efficient spender in you. I like it for both the top and bottom. It dries moderately fast, and it's a thinner liquid. My secret recipe is this as the top and bottom coats, and then a quick dry as the 5th layer (wow am I really that insane with my nails? Base coat, two layers of color, top coat, quick dry). The quick dry top coat is NYC's "In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish." This combination literally lasts a week with minimal touch ups. Incredible.

on 9/28/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the smaller size of this 2-in-1 polish at marshalls for $2.99. I really like how fast it dries on bare nails and how it helps my polish last longer when I use it as both a base and top coat. It does take a little longer to dry when used as a top coat but I don't mind the wait. It is not overly glossy but not matte either. Overall a very good product that I will purchase in the full sized version.

Works well as a base coat. Does not chip or lift off very easily. I use this as a base coat and add a coat of Orly Tough Cookie on top. I get lots of compliments on the length of my nails. My nails are definitely stronger and longer with this base. Never had a problem with stained nail beds using this product. I have a picture in my profile as proof that this product works!

on 10/18/2012 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a decent basecoat. I don't usually use it as a topcoat because I use another quick dry one. It smooths out your nail. I do agree with the reviewer a few below this one, it won't keep your nails from yellowing when you use a dark color.

on 10/14/2012 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have never had a mani last this long. on me a mani last a day at the most. with top 2 bottom my mani has lasted 3 days. I cleaned my nails with alcohol first and put color on while the bottom coat was still wet(as sugested by another reveiwer)

Up date: my mani has lasted 5 days. on the second mani I used a nail dehydrater after cleaning with alcohol, then sealed the edge of my nail on the bottom coat and top coat.

on 8/30/2012 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's a decent base coat, it helps polish apply smoothly and adhere better to your nail. Darker polishes will stain your nails, though.

I don't like it as a top coat because it's not glossy enough for me, and because I'd rather use a top coat that helps my nail polish dry faster. (This one dries like any regular NP... takes a while)

Overall, decent product, you won't be disappointed if you buy it. I will finish up this bottle, but there are better BC and TC out there, so I won't repurchase. :)

Top Rated Orly Products