NARS Rue bonaparte

3.7

on 2/23/2015 11:29:00 PM

My HG eyeliner I use it everyday it's color is perfect for inside eye and it gives a natural look, "doesn't shouts I'm here" like white eyeliner. It's expensive but I love it.

on 1/20/2015 8:46:00 AM

This has been a staple in my makeup bag for years now....it really natural brightens and widens my almost-hooded lids, and it is super subtle. I use this on clients all the time.

on 4/5/2014 9:29:00 PM

I wanted to love this liner so badly, but I just couldn’t. I was looking for a great flesh-toned liner to brighten the inner rims of my eyes. I had tried Stila’s Kajal liner in Topaz previously, however that was too pink-toned for me. Rue Bonaparte is a great color, very neutral and close to my own skin color. The liner itself is a bit hard, it is mildly uncomfortable to line the water line with, but I would look past that if it had longevity. Unfortunately, this liner only lasts about two hours in my waterline before it starts to fade and disappear. It is very expensive ($28 CAD), and for the price I expected more. I returned it to Sephora and wouldn’t recommend it.

UPDATE: I have changed my review from 2 lippies to 3 lippies, the more I use this liner the softer and more comfortable it becomes to line my water line. With the improved texture, I seem to get longer wear out of it. I like this liner, but it is still extremely expensive and I won't repurchase it.

on 3/29/2014 5:31:00 PM

Prefer this color over white liner. It must be reapplied throughout day. It is also difficult to remove what remains at the end of the day even with eye makeup remover. Price is ridiculous. The search continues...

on 2/26/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My friend is a makeup artist and decided to do my makeup one day. I told her my eyes get watery easily and she told me this pencil should work since it's meant for the water line and is water proof/resistant. Boy was she proven wrong.. This did not last on my waterline. Rubbed off in less than a minute.. My eyes are watery, especially when I am applying makeup. But this is supposed to be for the waterline which means it should be able to last longer than it did..

on 9/2/2013 9:25:00 AM

This was a very expensive eyeliner...and at the time it was one of the only nude eyeliners for the waterline. I should have saved my money.
The eyeliner was $27.. it tugs and it's very hard to work with. I tried to heat the tip of the liner to make it smoother and it just made it harder and fall off when i used it.
I should have waited longer to try a new liner like when rimmel came out with the scandal eyes liner in nude for 6 dollars.

on 4/12/2013 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not impressed. I bought it for the waterline. No staying power, color looked odd in my waterline :( med olive skin for ref...maybe it would work for lighter skin tones?

on 4/11/2013 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

love the twist up/no sharpening & the fact that its a better shade than stark white, so 2 lippies for that...but returned this today. i found a much better inner rim liner in Rimmel's Scandaleyes in Nude! it lasts longer than Nars (nars had zero staying power on me) and is wayyy cheaper-i paid $3.00 at target (vs $24.50 at sephora for the nars!). its a bit more peachy than the nars and not as bright but it will do. rimmels version takes care of the job better!

on 3/27/2013 11:30:00 AM

For the color and effect it is worth repurchasing. The packaging is cheap and the plastic end broke from dropping it on the floor, so now it looks really cheap. But I like the goldish color which is way more natural than the white liners. It covers reddness and is a subtle highlight. Its not top of my list of must-have-always items, it wouldn't be awful to not have on hand. But its a nice extra and I would eventually repurchase if I ran out. Unless I found out there is a cheaper dupe. Its also smooth and I have no irritation and it doesn't bother me one bit to apply to my waterline.

on 3/19/2013 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a great twist-up pencil for the waterline. It's pretty much just a neutral shade (I personally think it's a tad yellow-toned, but that's okay since a lot of people will be using it to cover up/cancel out redness.) I've never really been a fan of putting white liner there because it looks unnatural. This gives a well-rested, refreshed look, even if you definitely aren't. As someone who stays up until around 2 am studying most nights, I can testify to this. I find it to be more than sufficiently pigmented, even for my puffy, pink study-eyes. Yes, it takes a little bit of tugging when applying. However, I consider this a fair trade for a long day of wear and very little fading. Additionally, it comes with a cute little plastic sharpener on the end opposite of the pencil part. This way, you can keep that nice, new-from-Sephora point without wrestling with a sharpener that's way too large or has a metal blade that could damage the plastic casing of the pencil. Goes for $24 at Sephora.

tl;dr- Highly-pigmented nude eyeliner helps reduce waterline redness all day (and students with unhealthy sleep habits are highly appreciative.)

Top Rated NARS Products