July 23, 2014 | 2082 users online

Lips - Hard Candy - World Balmination in Starfish

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would call this product average. Its fairly moisturizing, but it doesn't really give even a hint of color (although this could be because I have very red lips). It does need to be reapplied several times through out the day, but I don't really find that to be an issue. I love the super cute tube it comes in. The biggest problem with this (as everyone has pointed out) is that it doesn't retract all the way down the tube. You have to be extremely careful putting the lid back on or you'll smash the product and make a mess of your makeup bag. Its not as hydrating as the Maybelline Baby Lips, but it's pretty decent. I would probably buy it again, but I'm not exactly running to walmart to stock up on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Missunlucky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I was just looking for a lip balm and I came across this one. The packaging is adorable and the colour is cute too. It does need to be reapplied every so often and I don't like the fact that the half the lip balm can't go down the tube. It could break and make a mess. Overall good product and I would but it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't normally wear tinted lip balms but I bought this one, solely based on the cute tube. It has flowers all over it and it's really pretty. That said, I'm really pleased with the purchase since it's a really nice lip balm. The color is a pretty coral color, very very light. It is moisturizing but not all day, it will need to be reapplied. I actually layered it over a coral lipstick for a little extra wet look and it works great for that purpose. As another reviewer stated, the packaging ain't too swift. The stick doesn't retract all the way down in the tube which I think is a bonehead design. Other than that, it's a great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

While $3 is pretty cheap for any drugstore lip product (as most are $5 USD or more), I can buy another product for less. I usually stick to the Bonne Bell Lipsmacker in Dr. Pepper (it moisturizes, gives a hint of color, smells great & are $1.50). Starfish though has a sweet smell to it. The packaging can be a pain in the butt because the balm does not turn all the way down thus you have half of it sticking outside the tube. This could lead to the balm breaking, the balm being damaged when the lid is put on, and making a mess. I think if the balm could go all the way down in the tube and maybe cost a little less then I'd really stock up. For the mean time this was fun to buy and the likes but that's all it'll be. I might buy one in the future for fun but I wouldn't call this a staple or HG product. For now I'll stick to my HG lip product (Dr. Pepper).