August 30, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Desert Plum

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by shellbelle123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this lipstick. Bobbi's colors are so unique-you just won't find many duplicates. Desert Plum is a magical cocktail of berry/plummy brown that is perfect for fall, but I like it so well that I may toss the "rules" aside and wear it year round. Brightens my fair/olive skin and is a nice contrast again dark hair. Ideal for daytime, can be vamped up for more intensity at night with a wide variety of liners, depending on which tone you want to play up (red, plum, brown). Such a versatile and flattering shade. Only drawback to me is I have to apply it frequently-not so great staying power. Moisturizing, needless to say. And, for all you ladies who apparently "eat" these lipsticks (so many comment on taste?), this one is virtually tasteless:) I like Bobbi's price points: cheaper than the hot shots (Chanel, YSL, etc) because you're not paying for NASA inspired packaging and frou frou. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by chanelchick22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful. Just "enough red" for a brunette wanting a red lip without washing out my entire complexion. Fire engine reds look fetching in the tube but make my face look garish. I like sangria liner with it, but plum looks pretty, too. Very moisturizing. I had been wearing Bobbi Brown"s "plumberry" for years and bought this one to try for a change and find it to be an extremely flattering shade...can't believe I had overlooked it for so long. Will DEFINITELY repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love it! It has the perfect amount of red to give my lips that extra oomph, but it still doesn't look too "much" for everyday on my tan/light brown complexion. This is like a beautiful alternative to full-out red lipstick. I love how it can be incorporated into both demure daytime and sultry night time looks and always look lovely.

I randomly bought this when I went to Mills, and I'm so glad that I did! I usually pair this with Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Liner in 'Sangria'. Also, though it is opaque, it feels air-light instead of heavy and thick like most highly pigmented lipsticks.

The only con is that it's not as long-wearing as I'd like it to be...BUT, that can be forgiven since this lipstick is not dry or flakey in the least.

I think that this lipstick is a nice option for women who want to experiment with bolder shades, but don't want full-on, attention-grabbing, fire engine red lips. I also think that this shade would flatter a large variet of complexions.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After a slight mishap at Neiman Marcus (the SA gave me Desert Rose instead of the Desert Plum), I'm happy to report that I like this lippie just as much out of the store as under the NM lights!

On me, it is a plummy, pinkish, soft red - perfect for day! Don't get me wrong, I will happily rock MAC's Lady Danger any time, but somehow it doesn't work when you've just tossed on an old pair of sweats and twisted your hair up. Plum Desert is red enough to be red, but soft enough to be casual.

Wear is excellent and the texture is very light, though it is a good opaque shade. I bought this completely randomly as I own very little BB, but I'm very pleased with it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No