Rimmel Extra Wow Lash

3.9

on 8/4/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was on the hunt for a new mascara. I wanted one that wouldn't flake and that wasn't waterproof. The saleswoman scoffed at me and said I would only get no-flakes with waterproof... other than rude, she's wrong!

This mascara ($5.99 regular price at London Drugs) is fantastic. Holds curl, stays on all day, and is properly black. The only time I find that it does flake is if I sleep in in (shh, it happens sometimes!). It washes off fairly easily.

Is this mascara going to give you a false-eyelash look? No. Is it going to make your lashes pop and instantly make you look more alive/awake? Yes! Even if you don't like it, it's $6. That's a steal for mascara!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Pros:
*Cute packaging,
* long, easy-to-use wand and brush.
* Nice formula, easy to work with
Cons:
* Wet, reduces curl of the eyelash

Not especially unusual, just a good, decent mascara at an affordable price

on 7/30/2015 12:05:00 AM

I've had mine for awhile now and when I used it for the very first time, I found the formula to be a dry formula and after one month it started being a wet formula and now after two months its an in between formula which is weird tbh, but I really really like this mascara, its good for people with straight lashes like I have, it gives me a curl when I apply this and I find that I have a less chance of getting this on my eyelid because the brush is a perfect size for me. Overall I recommend this mascara and I only paid $4 for it when it was on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart but I think I saw it for the same price at WalMart, if you live in Canada ;)

on 6/23/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This was my favorite mascara. I haven't bought it in awhile but I plan on getting a new tube of mascara soon and this will be it. It thickens my lashes and gives them a dark, sexy appearance. I have long lashes already but I need this to make them look thicker. I really do love this stuff.

on 6/21/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fab mascara! HOLDS CURL all day long, gives ULTRA BLACK colour, gives extraordinary LENGHT and VOLUME, separates lashes... The only con is you have to learn how to apply it, after that it'll take only 2 minutes for both eyes to achieve the perfection! I trew away my first tube being absolutely dissapointed of the very first application. An year later alternating day after day my Definicils, Masterpiese Max and Telescopic with no satisfaction, i both WOW lashes again and that was! Perfect mascara! Doesn't matter it's cheap! I ended up my second tube after using it 3 months, every day, just one coat, after curling with my Mac or Sephora curler (i never use more than one coat with any mascara). And i've just bought another 3 tubes (in order to stock if they disscounter it!).

on 4/15/2015 10:18:00 AM

Bought this on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart after reading all the good reviews. I was expecting it to be a great mascara but I was so disappointed. My main problem with it is that it doesn't clean the excess mascara off the wand when I take it out of the tube. So there's all this extra mascara goop on the wand that I have to try to scrape off if I don't want my lashes to get big chunks of goop stuck to them. Then when I'm finally good to go, the mascara just makes my lashes stick together. No length. No separation. No curl. Its just there. I'm willing to work with it until I get a new mascara to replace it, but I'm frustrated with it every time.

on 2/14/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first Rimmel mascara I've ever bought and I'm disappointed. It makes my lash stick together and look "spidery" and it clumps. After applying I need to use a lash comb which is a pain in the ass. I'm grateful I only spent 5.00 on this and I'll make sure never to buy it again

on 2/5/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Omg, my HG mascara, love it, the best drugstore mascara, and very good price, amazing....

on 10/31/2014 9:36:00 AM

I was pleasantly surprised over this mascara. I have trouble with mascaras, tried many of the pricier brands, but this inexpensive Rimmel WOW lash mascara held my curl and legnthened my lashes very nicely without clumps and without that 'spidery' look. It did not make my lashes stick to each either. I am super impressed with this product. Also, I have always purchased water proof mascaras, but I did not buy this one in the water proof version, and I don't even know if they have a water proof version, but I have had NO issues with smudging and it cleans off nicely with soap and water. I would definatley purchase this again.
I took a chance on this product because it was inexpensive and really didn't expect much. The packaging is simple, which is fine. I only reason I gave 4 lipsticks is because it doesn't seem to build volume, but it absolutely does a great job of lengthening and defining my lashes.

My usual tried and true brand has always been L'Oreal voluminous. Then I tried L'Oreal voluminous false fiber mascara, which caked, flaked, and gave me those spidey lashes, same with the million lashes - both of which I got in water proof.

Rimmel wow lash is my new fav and I will look for a water proof version.

on 10/4/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

WOW is right! Although this mascara is described as voluminizing, it did not add much volume to my lashes.

However, in terms of lengthening and definition it is outstanding. My eyes are very hooded and thus tend to look small and droopy. But let me tell you this mascara gives my eyes that big wide eyed look and really makes them pop. Very nice.

The formula is a little bit wet, but not too much, and the result is very black glossy looking lashes. Also, I experienced no flaking and no spider lashes even with two coats. This is very comparable to Lancome's Hypnose. Got this at Walmart for $2.98 and I'm impressed. Will definitely buy again.