September 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cmdennis1976

I've recently discovered this after spending years trying every product under the sun to keep the dreaded oil at bay and I love love love this powder! My skin is so oily it drives me mad but I can just carry this around with me all day and lightly dust in onto my face with a kabuki brush when I need to. It doesn't add any colour on top of whatever foundation/face powder/bronzer I've got on so I don't end up with an orange face! I also find that it doesn't cake my makeup which can happen if you're adding powder throughout the day to mop up shine. I would definitely recommend dusting it on using a brush rather than with a powder puff. I usually prefer loose powder but haven't tried the loose powder version just because I think if you're needing to carry something around to mop up oil when you're on the go then pressed powder is much easier. I used to spend every few hours blotting my face with blotting sheets (which I still love) but I find with this product I only need one or perhaps two touch ups and it keeps my make up in place and skin matte for the whole of my working day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

This is a finishing white as white can be powder. If you are being photographed with a flash it will show. We have all seen pictures of celebs with white powder under their eyes. I use this all over my make up to set it and I use a heavy sponge so I can get tons of product on it and put it right under my eyes which makes me look awake and fresh. Actually that is the only reason I bought this powder. I love this powder and can not live without it. Another MAC product I love is Paint pot in Painterly but I use it as a primer. This powder comes with no sponge as using it with a sponge would be way too heavy. 35.00 CAD but it will last forever. A must have for the make up geek. I have not tried the loose version which I hear is somewhat superior. One word of caution: this is very white and if you put it on like a normal pressed powder you will look ghastly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Because I have oily skin, I need to clean my face extremely well in the morning (for that, I have a cleanser by Avène), use a toner (mine's by Clinique) and apply a good oil-free foundation (I currently use one by Clinique and another by Chanel - for more details about the products I'm mentioning read my reviews or ask me about it). I can't skip any of these steps or my face starts "melting" after a few hours. However, I had been reading wonderful things about this powder's oil control function and I have to say I'm an absolute MAC fan (from amazing full coverage concealers to high quality brushes, I've been in love with several of their products). So I decided to give it a try, despite its unattractive price (I got mine for 26 euros).

First thing and most important to me: it helps with oil control. It's no miracle like many describe, but it works beautifully when combined with a clean skin and an appropriate foundation. It has been around 20 degrees celsius here and I have rarely felt the need to apply it more than once (in the morning only) throughout the day, but I'm sure I will need to more often when the temperature rises up to 30 or 40.

Another thing I absolutely love about this powder is its packaging and the fact that it's pressed. It's pretty, it has a little mirror and you can take it everywhere with you. It's just perfect!

Also, it's important to mention that I did not have the problem lots of people complain about: flash didn't make me look white on the photo at all. The powder was just not visible. Maybe people are applying way too much or using the wrong brush? I don't know.

One last thing: it's a good finishing powder that highlights your face a little, which helps finishing off any look. Not its original function, but it's a plus.

Therefore, I will be buying this product again and I recommend it if you have combination, oily or very oily skin. If your skin's dry, I don't really think this is worth it for you and it's not cheap either.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

This is NOTHING like the amazing loose version, which I hoped it would be, only in a pressed (more travel friendly) version. It leaves a strange WHITE CAST on the face and also has very limited mattifying power (after a while it actually makes my forehead look shinier).
It looses all the nice properties of the loose version because of all the fillers/binders.
Really disappointed and I regret not repurchasing the loose version. Otherwise, the packaging with a mirror is really nice, slick and closes securely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't perfect but because it keeps my oily face at bay like no other, I just have to give it a 5. Since I got the pressed, I can keep it in my bag for touch-ups which I hardly ever need. Paired with Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation, it lasts me well up to 10 hours without any retouching.
The only thing is the color. It's supposed to be transparent but it somehow creates a dull shade which I have to cover up with a last layer of powder. But it's no big deal. I'm still buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! I'm very pale with weird undertones I have issues with finding nice colored powder so I tend to stick to the translucant. This sets my foundation and under eye concealer perfectly, stays, and has a really nice "soft" looking finish. There is no cakey powdery look. I will allwaayysss repurchase this! (AND THE PACKAGING IS SUPER CUTE! It's got little glitters in it)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted a light, transparent powder to go on top of my Studio Gear Mineral Foundation....I like more natural products for my sensitive, acne prone skin....unfortunately, all the organic and natural products I've tried so far have oxidized horrendously. I decided to pull out my MAC Prep + Prime that I had purchased a while ago...powder perfection! No oxidization, no cakey mess...this controls oil pretty well too...I'll maybe have to blot once during the day. No breakouts either. Woot!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I typically stick with silica powder. I was given a good sum of money to spend at MAC so I grabbed this. I thought it'd be good for touch ups on the go. I have had this for a while and still haven't attempted to use it for that (why I have no idea).

I initially did not like this and had rated it a 1. As an over all setting powder it's just okay. It will set your foundation without caking but there is no oil control nor does it help extend the time your foundation stays on your face.

The other reason I raised my overall rating with this is that it is FANTASTIC for setting concealer. Most powders cause my concealer to cake and this does not!

12/28/13 update: This is a nice finishing powder but unlike silica or other setting powders it does not keep the foundation or concealer on. This also does not help with oil or shine. I'm giving it a 3 because someone could like it but it's not what I want/need. It'll get used up but I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a tad disappointed... It's just an ok product. I feel like the texture is on the dry side, the staying power is not good and my t-zone is oily after noon. However the packaging is very sleek and nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love this as a compact finisher.

I'm glad I got this pressed instead of loose as I like to apply during the day so it's handy.

One problem I noticed is there is no sponge like the other mac products.

The lasting power is great and it leaves my skin smooth and matte