April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Demon in the Dark soap

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use (and LOVE) LUSH's Karma and just bought my fiance Demon in the Dark a couple of weeks ago. He loves the way it smells, but says it's drying him out. He says he likes it well enough and will definitely use the rest of it, but I'll probably switch him over to Dirty once it's gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I really wanted to like Demon in the Dark. It is a very unisex scent that I felt like my husband and I would both enjoy. It's not too strong and the minty smell is just right. And, if I am being honest, I thought that it would be pretty awesome to look at.

Well, when I took it home, peeled off the wax (which comes off VERY easy) some of the soap separated. I am not even kidding, the dark half broke perfectly and now I am left with a dark minty piece and a light apple piece which annoys me to no end. Then, my husband said that he didn't even like the smell! Whatever, I will just finish it up. I won't be repurchasing just because while it does produce an okay lather with a bit of work and it is not too drying, it just isn't the best soap that I have ever used, especially for the money.

The soap, due to containing peppermint, did not help relax sore muscles as it claims and the scent while it is nice on the bar, does not linger at all. Not even in the bathroom after the shower. I will not be repurchasing just because there are other soaps from LUSH that I like a lot more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Great smelling soap, very fresh and crisp. Doesn't lather as well as other soaps, and the black wax around the bar is annoying. Doesn't peel off very easily so I had to cut it off, thus wasting product. Leaves me feeling clean, but there are other mint soaps (I have an unhealthy obsession with mint) like C.O Bigelow and B&BW that are more refreshing and cleansing. Don't think I'll be repurchasing this again unfortunately.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I didn't like this at all, it has a grose over powering scent and is drying on the hands.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a cool looking soap and it smells like mint, but that's it. This soap is a nightmare to lather. Your skin does feel cool and tingly afterwards, but despite this I didn't feel "clean" enough? A sales associate convinced me to buy it and I regret it. Not my cup of tea. It also seems to be more of a masculine-type soap for me anyways, I feel like mint should be on dental products, lotions, or tea - not soap. :P

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I really wanted to like this but all I could smell was pepper mint. It's hard to lather and can be drying. Oh and if you have any cuts or scratches on your sin be warned this will burn

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

DitD is one of my absolute favorite LUSH soaps. It's a lovely mix of apple, banana and mint - totally unique and fresh, perfect for a morning wake-up! It's also one of the most moisturizing, lather-y soaps available at LUSH. Slightly more pricey than their other soaps. Definitely give this one a shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by jetdelumiere

Oh my, i got really upset when this was arrived i was sure i'm going to like it...i was expecting something more like Freeze shower gel, insted i got mint and lots of clove. smells like the tooty tabs :It's very manly scent so i'll give some to a friend.
won't but again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

This one was just "meh" for me... didn't love it, didn't hate it. In comparison to the other unisex Lush soaps (Dirty, Ice Blue, Sea Vegetable), this one is lighter and sweeter. I did however enjoy the hint of apple and the creamy smooth lather is nice as well. If you like minty clean scents, but don't want to be blown away by the scent or smell like you've bathed in a vat of mouthwash, I'd say give this soap a try. It's really pretty funky looking in the soap dish too ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This is a great bar soap from Lush. Demon in the Dark is a visually appealing soap -- it's dark green with lighter green swirls throughout. One of my roommates said it looks gross and moldy, but I think it's pretty.
When you first get this, it will be wrapped in black wax that needs to be peeled off before using. I had no problem peeling the wax off like some people have; it came right off for me without taking off any chunks of soap. I did leave the wax on one side of the soap. This way, the soap didn't stick to my soap dish and this also made the soap a little easier to hold.
I love the smell of this. It's a spicy spearmint scent that would be great for guys or girls. The smell is pretty strong, but I love how it fills up the bathroom when you're using it. It's very refreshing and wakes you up. The smell doesn't linger on your skin, but it does leave your skin smelling clean.
Like many other Lush soaps, Demon doesn't produce a bubbly lather like most shower gels do. This makes a nice creamy lather that made my skin soft and moisturized. Lush claims the mint will make your skin tingle, but I never experienced that. It does feel very cooling on sore muscles, though.
This is a pricier Lush soap, but an $8 piece lasted me roughly 2 months, so I'm not complaining.
If you like spearmint, check this soap out. I will be repurchasing if I ever run through my massive Lush soap collection!