December 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Lashaholic

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

I love this stuff. My lashes are really thin and they're prone to clumping really badly with a lot of mascaras. I was very pleasantly surprised with this stuff. It didn't clump, gave my lashes volume, and made them look much longer. I will definitely rebuy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried this 2x and in the garbage it went! this is the worst mascara i have ever used its like putting a liquid liner on your lashes it is so runny and does nothing.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to be a huge hard candy freak and I wanted EVERYTHING! There were rumors going around about how Hard candy was a sister brand of Urban Decay but from what I've seen those allegations have been shot down so who knows but anyway that didn't stop me from buying anything. This is one of their best mascara the brush is flexible yet sturdy if that makes sense. The bristles are very nice, they distribute the mascara evenly with absolutely no clumps. It didn't flake at all either and my eyelashes looked beautiful and fanned out. I don't remember any strong scent from the mascara so that's a good thing. It didn't weigh my lashes down at all, they stayed nice and high all day. The color of the mascara is super black. It's a great mascara I really love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by fashionforever

I loved this mascara when I first applied it and the price was pretty nice!($5-6 at Wal Mart) But it doesn't last through the day and in a few hours or less, it smudged and flaked. It may be different for everyone but I don't recommend this product and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Kelseypatterson

I am very OCD about the way my eyelashes look and I will be the first to say I absolutely love this mascara! Especially for the price (about $5 at Wal Mart).
I usually use a "volumizing" mascara (I think is Revlon) and then apply the Lashaholic to make my lashes look very defined. No clumping, no smudging, just beautiful. The wand on this mascara is perfect! I even get many colimpents asking if I'm wearing false eyelases.
Been using this product for about 6 months now and have nothing bad to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by KaylaRMD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had no problems with this smudging, as others have... Love the wand & how long and defined my lashes look! But I could definitely see how this formula might dry out quickly. I only use a tube of any mascara for about a month though, so it shouldn't be an issue over here. Overall, I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by polystyrene67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved everything about this mascara, but it smudged like crazy. I do have very oily lids, but this smudged within an hour of putting it on so it probably won't work for anyone. Totally useless if it won't stay on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Anicia

When I picked this up I was almost positive I was going to hate it. I'm not even sure what made me choose this mascara when I was standing in the middle of a walmart makeup section with a million other bright tubed "sure" mascaras I could have grabbed.

Maybe it's because I haven't had much luck with more popular, highly rec'd lash products. They usually just seem to give me a nice black coat that just makes my lashes show up a little bit better. No umph, or wow factor...

BUT this formula/brush really seems to work with my lashes. I don't regret my purchase. This thickens them up very nicely, gives them just a bit more length (which is all I need), and is very black. Staying power is decent. No weird flakes. I prefer my lashes a bit clumpy. If that bothers you, maybe you should pass on this. This also doesn't do much for volume, curling prior to application is necessary.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by somebeach

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It looked pretty thick and cool when I first put it on. 3 hours later my mascara has run. Not cute. Good thing I saw it before I left for work, I'd look like a raccoon until someone was good enough to tell me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I ran out of mascara, and since I was at Wal-Mart anyway I decided to try this out since I generally have good luck with Hard Candy products. Some of their mascaras seemed pretty gimmicky...One was double-sided with a liquid liner, one claimed to stain your lashes for days...This one seemed like the safest, most "normal" mascara, so I picked it up. (I also grabbed Flat to Fab, but I haven't tried it out yet.)
I've been using this daily for the past 2 months, and while I don't think it's as awful as many reviewers do, it's definitely not the best. First of all, the packaging is gorgeous...bright pink with a nice swirling design that doesn't rub off in your bag. I also love the wand. It's a rubber bristled wand with a slight curve that makes it so easy to coat your lashes. The formula is pretty wet, which I sometimes like, but it was a little problematic with this. I very, very rarely have problems with mascaras smudging on me, but nearly every time I wear this I end up with black smudges under my eyes within about 4 hours. Not cute.
But this did give my lashes what I was looking for -- a little volume, great length and separation, and a little curl. This was never clumpy, although the product can clump on the brush and on the rim of the tube, but I would always just wipe it off.
The only other downside to this is that I found it dried out really quickly. Like I said, I've been using this for about 2 months, and it's already done. I'm not a crazy wand-pumper, and I only applied one coat to each eye most days. I don't think any other mascara has ever dried up this quickly on me.
Overall, I did like most aspects of this, but the smearing and the fact that this gets used up so quickly make it a no-go for me next time. Hopefully I'll have better luck with Flat to Fab.