April 21, 2014 | 1253 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Pure Matte lipstick - Carthage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous shade but after my first application of it I saw that in order to have this shade remain true on my strongly pigmented lips I'll need to apply a nude color to them before Carthage. It turns much deeper on me than I see in all the photos on the web.

That said both the texture and shade are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Angelysabelle

The only reason I bought this is because I saw it on Emma Stone and I loved this shade on her. I'm so glad I did. This is one of my go-to pink lipsticks. The color is amazing. The color coverage is amazing. I love how it is matte but it's not as drying as other matte lipsticks. They say this is perfect for spring and summer but I wear this all the time! I just wish the tube was bigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by escapade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this hot pink matte lipstick! I think it would look great on all skin tones - light, medium, dark regardless of whether you lean cool or warm. I wear Nars Sheer Glow in Barcelona / MAC Studio Fix in C4 and it looks amazing against my warm medium skin. I wear this lipstick with Nars Orgasm blush and a little Nars Desire on the apples of my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by azzyb

I love love love this color. It was the first really colorful lipstick I purchased when I started wearing make up. I went back to the shop three or four times before actually buying this product as I was thoroughly intimidated by the color but I am absolutely in love with it. As it is a pure matte lipstick I would suggest exfoliating your lips because otherwise you will have issues with the flakes - it's the price we must pay for such a long lasting pure matte lipstick. It literally lasts all night - parties, dinners, you name it. Even through a steak dinner this lipstick not once had me worried or running for the powder room. I love how matte it is and the lack of shine and sheen. I am not a big fan of satiny lipsticks. A tip would be that unless you are going for an over the top look to tone down your eye make up as the lips attract a lot of attention on their own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After a weird, unpleasant, recent experience with long wear lipsticks (strange texture, metallic after taste, etc), tried this and I LOVE IT. First of all, if you are craving a bright, happy, almost neon pink, this is your baby. Second, I spent my day in the emergency room with my Dad, went for a greasy burger lunch and was SHOCKED to notice this lipstick still looked great without reapplication!!! Want this formula in every color now!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first NARS lipstick and I'm really pleased. As many have described, Carthage is an electric pink colour, and while that may sound garish or over the top, it's not! The colour intensity is amazing; you can make this look very pigmented or very muted and soft. The formula is extremely matte; there is not an ounce of moisture in this if you ask me. However, it makes for a very long-lasting, sophisticated lip stain. I also like how it gets softer looking, yet doesn't fade completely even many hours after application. I have very fair skin and blonde hair, and this compliments my colouring nicely. Perfect colour for Spring and Summer, although I've worn this in the winter too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by marley100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a bright pink matte lipstick for spring. I wear Russian Red in the winter, but MAC doesn't have any bright matte pinks.

So, on a trip to Sephora, I found Carthage. It is fabulous--bright, but somehow muted, like the lipstick has worn away a bit. Sounds bad, but it's gorgeous the way it manages to be soft AND bright, with a hint of blue base, with great staying power. And doesn't dry my lips--but mattes don't usually dry my lips.

Wasn't crazy about the packaging, with a slim tube that I worried would break off, but it hasn't, and it's easy to find in my sea of fat-tubed lipsticks.

I like it better than Schiap, which is a Nars semi-matte. It's a pretty color too-- brighter and more blue-based than Carthage, but Schiap smells awful, like castor oil; Schiap contains castor oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i'm nw 10 skin girl, i'm having kinda pigmented lips and it has natural line.

i like the color, it's hot pink on my skin.. made my face and teeth look brigther..

the texture is really matte, i need to put some lipbalm to make it easier to used but it's okay since it doesnt dry up my lips at all.

the finish is matte.. totally matte.. i like it

the coverage.. i can say it's 10/10 very cover..! i likeeeeeee it so much

it doesnt oxidize on my lips..

i also like the pakacing it's slim so not so much taking space..

but the minus is.. they need more shade XD

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is surprisingly wearable - I wore it regularly all summer. It's a bit dry, but not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Carthage is a striking hot pink shade with a tiny touch of a fuchsia tone. The formula is matte and very long lasting. As a point of reference it's less fuchsia than Schiap and more matte than Schiap and generally lighter than Schiap. This color is lovely to wear in the summertime and adds a nice pop of color to my warm, golden skin tone.