July 29, 2014 | 1114 users online

Moisturizers - Peter Thomas Roth - Clini-Matte All Day Oil-Control SPF 20

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I second the warning below. This cream contents sunscreen agents that are not photostable! Avobenzone (2%), Octinoxate (7.5%)- I can't believe that P.T. Roth released this crap. I equally cannot believe that Paula Begoun has it on her list with "best sunscreens" (written in July 2013!). Really, people: do your research first! Don't really on SPF numbers... they don't say much about anti aging properties of a given sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this before buying, good thing I didn't. Do your research people. The 2 active ingredients for this sunscreen is Octinoxate & Avobenzone, which are not photostable on their own. They need other chemical filters to make it photostable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by kpage16

i think i already found my HG daily moisturizer! i was hesitant at the price tag, but paula begoun had recommended it. instantly it mattifies my skin (even after washing my nose is always shiny for some raeson), and then when i added my jouer matte moisture tint its a match made in heaven. packaging is a tube, but there is a little pump that you can turn to close it off, plus it has a cap - so very convenient/easy for travel.

besides the price i'd say the only downside is that because it is SO mattifying and a bit thick on application, i'd be hesitant to wear this as a stand-alone sunscreen if i was going to be out in the sun all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by rawbbyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Holy Grail!! If you have an oil slick forehead by 10 am, and want to protect your skin from premature aging, this is the product for you! I have always been aware of the importance of sunscreen, but it has been such a bother adding in the extra step; my skin is oily and feels suffocated with more than two products. This has been a face-saver due to the long-lasting oil absorption AND sun protection on one.It feels really thick, almost like a cream to powder, but it does it's job. It absorbs shine all day! This is my second bottle of this magic stuff, and I will continue to buy it until my skin changes. I only wish he would increase the formula to a higher SPF, 20 now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this moisturizer !! At a time when my skin was like an oil slick, this was the only product I could use that actually improved the slickness. It is pretty expensive, although cheaper on eBay, and right now I'm making due with Olay, but would love to use it again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a sun screen that is truly matte. I wouldn't say that it actually controlled my oil, but it sure didn't contribute to it which is more than I can say for most sun screens. It is extremely expensive (you get a tiny amount for $50+) but I haven't found a drugstore substitute for it. The packaging is pretty lousy for something that costs so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this after my usual favourite (Coppertone Dual Defense SPF30) was discontinued. It made me oily quickly AND broke me out quite badly after a few days. Very disappointed. Back to the search....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Lovely stuff!!! Compared to other sunscreens this is amazing for really oily skin!! Usually you look like a oily, shiny ghost with most sunscreens on the market today... But this is just like a primer. Usually I have to blot maybe 4-5 times per day AND put some new powder on maybe 2 times during a long workingday... With this under the makeup I don't need to blot that much and after the blotting I don't need that much powder...

This reminds a little about clinique's pore minimizer...but is less drying. STILL it is a little drying:

Cons are that it can leave flakes on drier areas, that you have to "pick clean"... It can also be to dry to put makeup on (maybe should mix it with a little moisturizer?), which makes the surface "crack".... And this should NOT be categorized as a moisturizer, cause it does not moisture at all.

Another con is that it is extremely expensive compared to the amount you need for whole your face...therefore I have only used it on my nose and the most oily areas... If I'm going to work/town... Ill need another cheaper sunscreen for the other areas....

This also contains dimethicone, which is not the best for acne.... But I haven't used it all over my face....so I can't tell if it would break me out yet....

Still this is one of the most "good looking" sunscreens you can find on the market, so I'll repurchase as soon as I have money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by emjfair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive but if you have very oily skin and you hate sunscreen, this is great. It leaves your skin truly matte and works like a primer for make-up. I've tried so many sunscreens, and I like a few others, but this is the best. Given the price, I use other things when I am doing yard work or exercising, but for work or going out, this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ebanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have VERY oily skin and this is perfect! Goes on smoothly and keeps me shine free. I have never used anything like this. So glad I found PTR!