September 20, 2014 | 1849 users online

Hair - Now Foods - Now Foods, Apricot Kernel Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I actually add about a TBsp of this to my bottle of conditioner and shake really well each time I use it. It makes my hair so soft and smooth with no oily residue. Just make sure you rinse good. Love it and highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by veiled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently tried this oil in place of coconut oil for my hair. I am very happy I tried it! It is so moisturizing for my hair and lighter than coconut oil. It also leaves a softness I wasn't getting before, with less weight. I have very frizzy hair, but adding a quarter size of this to my hair (ears down) really helps with that most completely. I can layer a light frizz cream on top for frizz free hair. My hair feels very healthy and so soft while using this. If I want some extra moisture, I also put a little extra on before bed, focusing on the last third of the length of my hair. I wake up with it soaked in and happy hair. The price is right and the bottle will last a long time. Worth trying if you battle dry and/or frizzy hair. If you like coconut oil, give this a try. You may find you prefer this. If not, it Leo makes a great skin moisturizer. I always rub the leftovers into my hands, and occasionally use it before lotion after a shower if I am feeling like my skin is extra dry. Wonderful oil to have on hand for hair and skin needs!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by dchperemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry, eczema-prone skin.
When I first bought this stuff, I thought it was the only beauty product I would never need again.
I use it as a facial moisturizer (it was thick for a body oil, but still nice if you have dry skin), alone and with another face lotion as well. I felt like it made my skin glow! I noticed a difference in my facial skin tone, I felt quite lovely :) I also felt it actually healed and sealed some of my pimples. However, now, I have started breaking out a little. I'm not sure if this is related to the oil or something else--I did change a few things in my routine---so the oil could still be the perfect, innocent beauty I remember from a few months ago.

ECZEMA SUFFERERS: If you have eczema (the dry/flakey type that tends to flair in winter, not the hot/oily type), this stuff is going to save your life. I massage it onto an outbreak just after a shower, when my skin is still wet. It noticeably heals the skin, reduces redness and swallows the swelling. I will continue to buy it for this reason alone. I haven't seen results this rapid (or non-greasy) with any other over-the-counter eczema treatment.

Considering what it did for me, at the price (4 dollars I think?), I call this an insane bargain. The tiny bottle lasts FOREVER, and the plastic apparently has some protectants to keep the oil from spoiling.

In short, if you have desert dry, sensitive skin, you are going to want to start sending NOW big, giant fruit baskets as tokens of your gratitude pretty shortly after you start using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love apricot oil as a body moisturizer -- I use it on my legs after shaving, and on my hands and feet (I find the moisturizing effects last well into the next day, and I'm not reaching in my purse for my hand lotion every five minutes like I usually have to). It sinks in beautifully and it's one of the relatively "dry" oils, so no greasy feeling like with olive oil. It has no scent or odor, so it doesn't interfere with fragrances, and it feels very light. When it dries, my skin feels smooth and soft and perfectly comfortable. And also a little goes a long way! Definitely repurchasing!
Also: lately I've been mixing this with sugar to make a face scrub (I use regular white sugar because it's really gritty, but I suppose brown sugar would probably be better since it's less processed) and it is AMAZING. I scrub it onto my face, then rinse away the sugar with water. I don't cleanse off the apricot oil -- I just tissue my face dry, and that way the apricot oil sinks into my freshly-exfoliated face, and the tissue absorbs excess grease. I find this makes my skin feel absolutely lovely and soft, and leaves it glowing and dewy. (For reference, my skin is oily but ever since I've started treating with glycolic acid it's been needing a little extra moisture. This works perfectly.) Definitely try this scrub! So cheap, and so much better than anything I've ever used before!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by savyy

One of the more moisturizing oils that I've tried. I use it to moisturize my body after showering. I also use a couple drops in my face moisturizer at night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Apricot oil is a great light oil that I use on the ends of my hair when it's really dry, and also after shampooing. It's also great to use to moisturize the skin.