October 25, 2014 | 901 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Candy EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by chillzone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this today, and honestly, I'm not exactly sure why I like it so much. I just do. I adore the bottle and the way it looks with my other perfumes. I wear La Vie Este Belle most of the time, and yet I like Prada Candy, too. This is a dark, buttery, caramel treat with a lipstick vibe. The powdery scent makes it tasteful in a non-edible way. La Vie Este Belle is an excellent fit for my personality and yet, so is Prada Candy. Perhaps one is very much my public self, while the other, the Prada, is much more private. If the house was burning down, I would grab them both. Shame, shame on me, but it is the truth.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Migraine in a bottle... For real. I tried it in sephora and went to bed early that night nauseated, pounding headache that wouldn't go away. One spray. If aquolina pink sugar makes you sick this one will too. I can't do these sickly sweet powdery scents anymore. Princess does the same thing to me now and it used to be my favorite. The bottle is pretty I guess?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by SLeal13

This perfume is amazing! I really love this perfume and this lasts all day!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Prada Candy opens with the expected toffee and candy floss and then settles with a dull thud. I understand that candy is supposed to smell like, um, something that Barbie would wear to casual events and perhaps I shouldn't be disappointed; but I am. After about 15 minutes, the candy note still dominates, and a strange musk starts to emerge--a gross synthetic musk that seems to fight with the cloying c-c-c-c-candy. In 20 years, someone is going to write a review and point out that Candy smells so 2011.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was in Sephora today and wanted to try out a new fragrance and thought, "How can one go wrong with Prada?". Well, here's how. This smells like it belongs on hookers in Vegas in the basement of the Rio. Sweet, cloying, overkill, just totally and completely cheap (a word I try to never use). I dont even think my 5 year old niece would like this garbage. The single worst fragrance I've ever tried; I cant imagine the type of man who'd find this attractive on a woman. I used Josie Moran face cleansing oil to try to strip the scent off my skin before leaving the store (a tip from one of their MAs who helped me after I made my fragrance error) and heading back out into the real world. Just absolutely disgusting (stunning bottle though).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I was attending a weight loss clinic & had used the rollerball Candy EDP b4 my appt. I know that is just cruel reflecting back on it now; but we were getting our shakes in the supply room & a small group of folks had congregated commenting to each other how something "smelled good." I am probably going to H-E-double-hockey-sticks for that but it was completely ironic & unintentional, I knew it was the Prada Candy thou! It's a wonderful boozy sweet gourmand scent. Very heady. I like it with VS Vanilla Lace to layer it. I agree that this is nothing like Pink Sugar (my other favorite perfume) in so many ways different, Candy is less sweet, more grown up, more caramel, husky, sexy, sensual, it begs for flirtiness & some serious sexual innuendo. This is boy bait for sure, esp for cougars like myself! Prada speaks of classic sophistication, leather, extravagance, ennui, late nights drinking expensive wine at places where the cheapest item on the menu is $50 & it's all ala carte, your date picks you up in a Lexus & is wearing a (non-clip on) tie. It speaks of unspoken promises, naughty, teasing....this is something for the ladies whom are over 29. If you celebrate the "anniversary of your 29th birthday" then you are the target demographic. I personally adore this perfume!! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked up one of those fragrance samplers at Sephora that include a redeemable coupon for a free bottle of one of the fragrances included in the box. I picked a sampler of ten that had the most scents (three, to be exact) that appealed to me after smelling them on a paper strip in the store. I could not have been more mistaken as to what would be my final choice.

I forced my husband to be my helper and sniff each one on my skin. His usual response was either "meh" or "okay." Then I put on Prada Candy. Before I even asked him for his opinion, I was in love. I didn't say anything but just asked him once again to sniff. It's the one and only time I've seen him actually react with enthusiasm. He loved it.

I think this perfume is misnamed and might scare away people might assume that it is a super sweet, juvenile scent. Candy is most definitely not one of those scents. It is a warm, alluring, very sophisticated perfume that just wraps around you and makes you feel good. It is NOT overpowering or overly sweet at all. From beginning spritz to dry-down, this scent remains light and lovely and lingers for a very long time.

Believe me, I have rarely strayed from my florals (pure floral, woody floral, fruity floral, you name it). If someone had told me that I would swoon over a musk/vanilla, caramel blend, I would have laughed in their face. But swoon I did. Prada Candy stands out as a unique scent in a world of fragrances that are often indistinguishable from one another.

FYI: I will be posting a version of this review on other sites.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by JullieB

Oh Candy....loved this when I smelled it at Ulta. Seemed to last a long time and I agree with a previous reviewer that it's sweet (but more caramel-like than sugary), sensuous and has a touch of mystery. A very interesting, on-trend but grown-up scent--perfect for a night out. I held out for a couple of weeks thinking about this and then took the plunge. Still love the scent, but for some reason it doesn't seem to last on me, so am less enamored than I'd hoped.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by scissorslizardspock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a lovely sophisticated take on a sweet gourmand type fragrance. I absolutely love it, although it wasn't love at first sniff. I would smell it each time I walked into Ulta and would think, "Hmmm... I don't know... seems heavy" or "seems too strong"... but I was drawn like a moth to a flame. I received a sample size that I couldn't stop applying, so I knew I had to make the purchase. On me, the initial spray and dry down are about the same and it lasts 4 hours or so before I need to reapply.

Try it out if you are considering, it's so lovely. I took off one lippie only for the relatively short staying power. My husband absolutely adores this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Candy really does smell like Candy. Not jolly ranchers, cotton candy, or or juicy gum Prada's Candy smells like caramel. Dark, rich, caramel. Imagine setting up a fondu pot and melting hundredes of peices of lucsious caramel to dip your goodies in. Imagine the smell of deep caramel filling the restaurant and your senses. Candy is not Pink Sugar in any way, shape or form. It is slightly masculine and could have made a good caramel scent for guys i think. Also, rememeber when Madonna released her CD called Hard Candy? Candy would have been a good scent for her to have had that could have been released in conjunction with the CD. It would have been perfect. It lasts a long time and gets deeper and smokier the longer it stays on your skin. I want Candy. Sweeter than Bon Bon too so Candy is in the lead.