August 20, 2014 | 1511 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Kayleen7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this flat iron protector works really well without any other products interfering. I used to add a bit of anti-frizz serum to my towel dried hair before letting it air dry and flat ironing it. However, with this heat protectant I feel it leaves my hair too greasy if I use it with a serum already in my hair. At least for my hair type I think it works best if I let my hair air dry with no other products in my hair. I think it works well and it will keep your hair straight until you wash it out. I even got caught in the rain once after straightening my hair with this product and after my hair dried it went back to the shiny, soft, sleek, straight hairstyle I had--and my hair is naturally wavy and frizzy. I like this product a lot and it doesn't make my hair greasy like some other heat protectants. I also really like the fact that it is a spray because it allows for easy application and even coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by denise33351

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a $16.00 bottle of Redken Frizz control and was left with a greasy mess that you have to put in your hands first and it left my hair frizzy worse than when I started. I tried another product that I can't recall the name of and was somewhat satisfied, ran out of that so I decided to try Garnier Sleek and Shine Flat Iron Perfecter was very pleased with the outcome. I like the fact that you spray it on your hair and then immediately following you can flat iron your hair.

I will buy this product again, price was about $4.50 or so,, Loved it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I might have been too harsh upon reviewing this at first. When I tried it for the first time I didn't like it. I thought it made my hair feel so dry and frizzy. I thought it had a hairspray feel to it. Regardless I kept it using it to really see how it worked for me in the long run. I really like it now. Mind you I do not use it how the directions say because if i spray it on my hair and flat iron right after, it sizzles with the heat like how hairspray does. I don't like that. So how i use this is when my hair is still damp I will spray some of this on and let it sit until my hair is dry. Then I will go in and style as I regularly do. It makes my hair really nice and the straightness lasts longer. I have naturally curly hair and i can't afford to straighten it everyday because of how dry it is. This helps keep it nice & straight a day after. Since, as i mentioned, i have dry hair I don't notice my hair greasy when I use this. I know other reviews mention that happening to them but it doesn't happen to me when i use this product. Also I like the packaging. The fact that it's in a spray bottle is really convenient and fast to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

One of the handful of heat protectors I love. Ironically this was the very first one I ever tried and tried others after, but kept going back to it. It does protect and makes your hair very shiny and soft. It will keep it straight until you wash it.

It's not heavy nor does it feel sticky or gross like some others I have tried in the past. I truly love this stuff and will continue to repurchase.

It's very affordable as well which is a huge plus. I love this one and L'Oreal's new heat protector. Both do the same thing and perform as they claim.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kfarmer2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product!!!!!!!!

I have stick straight, fine, blond hair that comes to my shoulders with some layers. My hair will not hold any curls for any amount of time (unless I use a ton of hairspray) so my hairstyles are mostly straight.

For this product I wash my hair, towel dry, and brush out (as normal routine) and add this spray before blow drying. This stuff makes your hair very soft and it smells wonderful!! I don't think I have ever felt my hair this soft before.

It's as simple as that....makes hair soft, smells HEAVENLY.

Definitely getting this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

Love it!! Not only does it smell good but it keeps your hair straight and smooth all day! I have frizzy hair and this is the only spray that makes my hair frizz free after Using the flat iron.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This goes by really fast. I used this up in about three four months. I spray a lot in hopes to keep from getting split ends. I think that this doesn't do anything. It doesn't protect my hair from hear damage. It doesn't hydrate either. My hair is straight but it doesn't need help in that department.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by beautykiller317

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i did like this product, but not on my hair, it made my hair REALLY dry, i love garnier products but this is not one of them, did make my hair straight tho,

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by 13words

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this a bit different to how it says to. I wash my hair of a night, and towel dry, and then spray this generously through my hair, and straighten the following morning. It does keep the fizziness away, especially in the humidity and drizzling days! It also keeps my hair straighter for longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I love this and it sure does work as most hair care products are gimmicks to me!! I live in south florida with tons of humidity working against me so straightening is usually a waste of my dog-gone time. I sprayed this on every clump of hair I was about to straighten and the end result was silky super straight and super silky hair and it actually lasted me through the entire night. This product also claims to protect the heat from scortching hot tools. The only small negative is its a tad oily but I don't mind at all as I Finally have a product that works!!