October 25, 2014 | 1718 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Francescasarah24

Ok this product is one of the worst i've used on my hair. Not only does it smell strongly of alcohol but it does not protect your hair from heat damage at all. It left my hair limp and dry. It does leave it straight so thats the only thing the product does that it said it would do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Stephipoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So I'm a flat-iron addict and straighten my hair almost every day. But I'm also trying to grow my hair out, so preserving my hair's strength and health is very important to me. I typically use a leave-in conditioner after showering, let my hair air-dry and then use an oil or a serum to flat-iron it straight before I go out. I've used heat-protecting sprays in the past, but they've always disappointed me. They're either drying, sticky or just plain don't work. I like my hair to be soft and silky, so the amount of hold most heat-protecting sprays offer just isn't for me.

I walked into the grocery store the other day with an idea in mind: I wanted some kind of an oil that would smooth my hair, but that I could spray on, since most oils are too heavy for my liking. I had no idea Garnier offered this product until I wandered into the aisle and there it was! I used it today for the first time, so I'll update if my opinion changes with time, but so far I LOVE IT! It's got argan oil, so it's not sticky and even offers a little bit of moisture, but it's not heavy and it worked beautifully to get my hair nice and straight. Now, I haven't encountered much humidity today, so I'm not sure how well it will hold up as far as preventing my hair from reverting to its natural wavy state, but all in all, so far I'm impressed. Go Garnier!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Andrika88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Don't even bother! The only good thing about this is the smell and thats it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Way to greasy for my liking. Yes it gives you great shine but I noticed that I break out at the end of the day in the along my cheekbones where my hair touches my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Lunacat1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my very first heat protecting serum/spray I've ever used and I would most definately buy it again. At first I was unsure because when I followed directions, my hair felt as if it were being fried. Luckily I gave it another chance and waited a little while for it to dry. Afterwards it left my hair soft and smelling soo good. I've gone through about 10 heat protecting sprays since this one and I just got to say; it's the best I've tried.
I also have a semi permanent hair color and it didn't seem to affect my color.
CON: The spray concentrates in one direction leaving some spots drier than the rest.
Can be messy.
MUST wait a short amount of time for it to dry or it will sizzle.
PRO: Smells good.
Leaves hair texturized/smoother hair.
Works.
Best heat protecting spray I've ever used.

Although the directions are vague, here's what's worked best for me:
Section your hair in four.
Spritz the product 4 inches away from your hair (in a mist).
Let it dry for moment to a semi dry state.
Run your flat iron through your hair with a comb following right behind it (have the comb running right after the flat iron so it combs through the heated section).
After doing this, I've found that even after I sweat, my hair stayed straight. Mind you this does not mean a shower of water.
Tl;dr Very good product. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Kayleen7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this flat iron protector works really well without any other products interfering. I used to add a bit of anti-frizz serum to my towel dried hair before letting it air dry and flat ironing it. However, with this heat protectant I feel it leaves my hair too greasy if I use it with a serum already in my hair. At least for my hair type I think it works best if I let my hair air dry with no other products in my hair. I think it works well and it will keep your hair straight until you wash it out. I even got caught in the rain once after straightening my hair with this product and after my hair dried it went back to the shiny, soft, sleek, straight hairstyle I had--and my hair is naturally wavy and frizzy. I like this product a lot and it doesn't make my hair greasy like some other heat protectants. I also really like the fact that it is a spray because it allows for easy application and even coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by denise33351

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a $16.00 bottle of Redken Frizz control and was left with a greasy mess that you have to put in your hands first and it left my hair frizzy worse than when I started. I tried another product that I can't recall the name of and was somewhat satisfied, ran out of that so I decided to try Garnier Sleek and Shine Flat Iron Perfecter was very pleased with the outcome. I like the fact that you spray it on your hair and then immediately following you can flat iron your hair.

I will buy this product again, price was about $4.50 or so,, Loved it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I might have been too harsh upon reviewing this at first. When I tried it for the first time I didn't like it. I thought it made my hair feel so dry and frizzy. I thought it had a hairspray feel to it. Regardless I kept it using it to really see how it worked for me in the long run. I really like it now. Mind you I do not use it how the directions say because if i spray it on my hair and flat iron right after, it sizzles with the heat like how hairspray does. I don't like that. So how i use this is when my hair is still damp I will spray some of this on and let it sit until my hair is dry. Then I will go in and style as I regularly do. It makes my hair really nice and the straightness lasts longer. I have naturally curly hair and i can't afford to straighten it everyday because of how dry it is. This helps keep it nice & straight a day after. Since, as i mentioned, i have dry hair I don't notice my hair greasy when I use this. I know other reviews mention that happening to them but it doesn't happen to me when i use this product. Also I like the packaging. The fact that it's in a spray bottle is really convenient and fast to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

One of the handful of heat protectors I love. Ironically this was the very first one I ever tried and tried others after, but kept going back to it. It does protect and makes your hair very shiny and soft. It will keep it straight until you wash it.

It's not heavy nor does it feel sticky or gross like some others I have tried in the past. I truly love this stuff and will continue to repurchase.

It's very affordable as well which is a huge plus. I love this one and L'Oreal's new heat protector. Both do the same thing and perform as they claim.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kfarmer2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product!!!!!!!!

I have stick straight, fine, blond hair that comes to my shoulders with some layers. My hair will not hold any curls for any amount of time (unless I use a ton of hairspray) so my hairstyles are mostly straight.

For this product I wash my hair, towel dry, and brush out (as normal routine) and add this spray before blow drying. This stuff makes your hair very soft and it smells wonderful!! I don't think I have ever felt my hair this soft before.

It's as simple as that....makes hair soft, smells HEAVENLY.

Definitely getting this again when I run out.