July 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Shea Butter and Vitamin E Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was fine. Only fine. Not great. Not bad. Just meh. I have very sensitive skin and a sensitive nose, and lotions are really hit and miss for me. This one is no exception. There is no fragrance, but there is a weird scent that I find annoying. It is not moisturizing enough for my very dry skin, so I mix it with some vitamin E oil and am good to go. I would not repurchase, but it is a serviceable lotion for someone with normal skin who wants an everyday hand cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by cindahBEAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the shea butter... as well as because it's sans parabens, phthalates, etc.
It's a decent lotion, but nothing spectacular.
One thing I wouldn't recommend is putting it on your decollage area... I recently got sunburned and tried putting some of this lotion on part of chest area to hopefully avoide peeling and ended up with a couple of big blemishes. =/ Were they caused by the lotion? I can't say for sure, but I won't risk finding out again lol.
I'll use it up and then try another brand because I'm feeling convicted about Burts Bees parent company being Clorox... and I'd prefer to try a brand that fully does not partake in animal testing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by samiam1022

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and was looking for a lighter weight body moisturizer for the summer. I came across this product in CVS and picked it up because of the shea butter and vitamin E and because I like the product philosophy of Burt's Bees (no animal testing, etc...). Sadly, this lotion has done nothing for me. It claims to provide 24 hour moisturization, but it doesn't even provide me with 8 hours. My skin is noticeably dry and flaky after a few hours of applying.