October 31, 2014 | 1464 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Givenchy - 2 Clean To Be True

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by nvella

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly it doesn't work very well and secondly it doesn't come off well even after washing my face there is a greasy residue and the next morning my lids were puffy. The purchase was the result of a hard sell after buying a Givenchy mascara but I am going back to my Clinique eye make up remover.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wear corrector, concealer, setting powder, primer, shadow, water proof liner and mascara on my eyes and usually they all come off with an oil cleanser. Some days, however, I like to take the eye, stuff off separately.
The Givenchy 2 Clean To Be True is biphase waterproof eyemakeup remover, half gel-like blue water, half colourless oil floating on the top. It looks just like Chanel's Demaquillant Yeux Intense ($$$ but <3 <3 <3), Sephora's FACE collection remover ($ and <3 <3 <3) and Lancome's Bi-Facil (which I haven't used but i hear is the bomb). Clinique has one too, fully colourless but too oily for me.
You're supposed to shake up all these before use so that the oil and water mix create an emulsion and magically break down the oils and stubborn pigments in waterproof eye and lip make up so that they come off with minimal tugging. 2 Clean to Be True requires shaking too - LOTS and LOTS of it. I shake it up for almost a minute, looking like a cocktail maker trying to hold on to my job, and splash some on to a cotton pad. The thing to do with these bi-phase removers is not rub, but place over eye-lip for some time so that the make-up melts away.
This happens beautifully with the Chanel, Clinique and Sephora. I'm not impressed with how the Givenchy reacts. It just doesn't work hard enough, leaving me no choice but to apply more pressure and tug slightly at my skin to take off the stuff. Strike one!
It also leave my eyelids oily, which means when I'm using face cleanser, I have to work all over again at making the cleanser take it off. Strike 2.
Perhaps its only redeeming quality is how quickly it separates back to its oil and water state. Only seconds after I've poured it out on the cotton pad, I can see clear blue and colourless sections in the bottle - this takes about 5 minutes with the others. This, of course means that if I want another go at cleansing, I need another full minute of shake-shake-shake. So strike 3. Quick separation is a nice trick, but I want results.
One lippie each for being able to eventually take my make-up off and for not stinging my eyes or breaking me out.