September 2, 2014 | 1098 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Soy and Calendula Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by xdivinedollx

This BURNED my face upon application for some reason, i thought it was for sensitive skin? besides that i liked the texture and it didnt dry my face out at all but i simply cant use it. Also i think it would be better in a tube b/c the bottle gave me wayyy more than i needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by sheil09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahh! I am soo dissapointed they are discontinuing this, it is my HG! Luckily, i got three more bottles at three bucks each at The Body Shop on final clearance. This cleanser is super gentle and great for dry skin. It just does what it is supposed to; gently cleanse and moisturize, which it does. The smell is yummilicious (no added fragrance though) and it feels really clean on my skin, not too thick or watery, just...perfect. And it does not irritate my skin either. My only concern is the inclusion of benzyl alcohol; there isn't a lot, but enough to irritate a person sensitive to alcohols of that kind. Benzyl alcohol doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is why i didn't take off a lippy, but people should keep that in mind. Overall, great product for dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG along with it's scrub counterpart (I mix them together, about twice as much cleanser as scrub). I have dry/sensitive/breakout-prone skin, and this soothes and cleans wonderfully. I have no more redness, a very even tone, and no blemishes. I've been using for a year and a half, and I did take some time off from it,during which i broke out and had really red cheekies. Now i'm back and better than ever! LOVE IT! I use it with the day cream, mixed with a dab of the Vit. C skin boost gel and my skin feels divine all day long, with no shine or oil or dryness. PERFECTION!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by erikafitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now that I've been using this for over a month, I think it's safe to post my review. I really like this cleanser. I have dry, sensitive skin and this cleanser is very gentle and leaves my skin feeling moisturized (it's more like a cleansing milk). When I wear make-up, I do need to follow up with a toner to get the last few traces of makeup off, but I find this cleanser gets most of it. Best of all, no sensitive skin reactions and no breakouts! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2005 12:50:00 PM More reviews by gingerneko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Soy and Calendula products I've tried have been, overall, very gentle to sensitive skin and quite moisturizing for a combo-skin gal. I definitely notice the difference between this and other facial cleansers I've tried - it feels wonderful on, and rinses to leave very soft ungreasy skin beneath.

Edit, 5/2/05: I've revised my rating downward a bit - while this is still a good product, I've tried others that are far better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2004 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser along with the Soy and Calendula Toner and Moisture Cream in the starter kit. Unfortunately it broke me out and turned my skin red after only one use, so I returned it for a refund. I haven't had much luck the The Body Shop's skincare line, I think I'm going to stick to their body care products from now on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 4:23:00 PM More reviews by LizzieDahlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, gentle product.. however it is not something someone should use if they need their makeup removed too.. it leaves a residue on the skin, which did not cause me breakouts but also trapped makeup and i had to wash a second time with something else.. its probably great for poeple who dont wear makeup.. but i would spend as much on this and a second cleanser as i do on my DDF Non-Drying Gentle Cleanser (my HG now).. i like the light smell though.. feels very oily on the face..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2004 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kaepora

This is a great cleanser for people with both dry AND sensitive skin. I'm very acne-prone, and this cleanser only aggravated my condition due to its pore-clogging ingredients. However, acne aside, this is an excellent product. It smells wonderful and is very soothing for dry, itchy, or irritated skin. For $10 at TBS you get a 200ml bottle with a flip top.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2004 1:10:00 AM More reviews by cleanserholic

The only high-end cleanser I'll ever buy. This made my face actually feel clean without being tight or stripped. I loved it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2002 12:14:00 AM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This is a nice emollient cleanser with soy to hydrate, and Calendula to soothe. Very nice.