October 20, 2014 | 1973 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Dr. Fred Summit - Skin Whitener

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dr. Fred and I have been friends for a long, long time. We've had our ups and downs over the years, particularly concerning my product junkie mentality. Yet somehow, no matter what, I always come back to my dear Dr. Fred Summit.
Why? The answer is this simple: it actually works for me and it does more than it claims to. I've only just started back using this cream for about 2 weeks thus far and my skin is already looking much, much more even in tone. My slightly red post-acne marks have faded down to a subtle shade of brown that I suspect will continue to lighten over the coming weeks. I wake up in the morning looking radiant and my skin is so plump and filled out in appearance. The lines around my eyes even look smoother! I'm not sure what it is, but this product also makes my skin softer feeling than anything I've EVER used.
I want to add that I don't think this cream really "whitens". On me it simply tones down any dark spots and discoloration while imparting a very healthy glow.
For those looking to perhaps try this product I'll offer some advice to help aid it's effectiveness:
Always wear a good sunscreen. Yes, always. It's pointless to embark on a journey to even skin when you're going out during the day and only re-darkening the spots you're trying to lighten.
Exfoliate often. Once or twice a week is usually good. Exfoliating alone can result in more even skin but when used in conjunction with a cream like Dr. Fred Summit's it clears the old skin cells off the surface so that the cream can work more effectively. You don't need anything too fancy either. Sugar and olive oil work great for me.
Try incorporating lemon juice. Before my skin became really picky I would splash my wet face with a bit of lemon juice before blotting the excess moisture off slightly and applying the cream. Lemon juice by it's self gives a great glow and has exfoliative properties.
Here's the BEST trick- Try putting this cream on skin that is on the wetter side of damp. You don't need a lot of this either. I use only enough to cover the very tip of my index finger and then I warm it in the palm of my hands before applying it. Doing this after getting out of the shower is even better. This certainly helps my skin absorb the cream a thousand times easier too. The feeling of this product on skin that is towel dried just feels heavy/greasy/gross and it will take forever to absorb. Don't do it!
All in all, I LOVE Dr. Fred Summit's Skin Whitener. It's cheap, readily available and best of all...it actually works! Possibly HG status for me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by EndGame

I use this product for the discoloration from ingrown hairs on my neck from shaving, body nair or an electric razor followed by disposable straight edge razor as usual to reduce shaving irritation and hair cut beneath the skin surface, I also use a tweezer and a needle to lift subcutaneous hair from the surface and completely out and detangled. A week and a half later the dark pock marked neck since a teen has disappeared completely and my neck is the same color as my face. People stare at my face and female acquaintances touch my face without asking.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by hentaisweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You get 2oz for a little less than $5. I WOULD say it's a good price, but that would only be if it actually did anything!! When I read the instructions and it said it will fade spots in 6-12 weeks I thought that meant that you will see optimum results in that time since most skin lighteners say you can start to see their results in 4 weeks tops. Nope. Apparently what they meant was it will take that long for you to just START seeing a change. 3 months for it to just then start working? Other skin lighteners say if you don't see any change in 3 months to not bother using it anymore. But I've been using this for 7 weeks and counting so far (downed 75% of the stuff) with not the slightest change to show for it. It is true that those skin brighteners do typically cost more (and usually for the same amount or less) and you get what you pay for but because this doesn't do anything- it's a rip off. P.S: it has 2% hydroquinone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product slowly fades dark spots and freckles. It has a slightly medicinal smell. The formula is reminiscent of Crisco.