July 30, 2014 | 1509 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Bright Expert

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

An expnsive product that doesn't do much, I didn't care for this at all. It was greasy and yet it did not moisturize my skin. Thin and liquidy texture with a heavy floral scent that lingers. And after continued use, there were no changes to my skin tone. No brightening of my complexion, no fading of my dark spots. It basically didn't work. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by cbookert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has given me results, but the results take a long time to show. I think the price was a little expensive but most products for this specific use are going to be a little pricey. My dark spots havent gone away completly but they have reduced in color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been treating my hyperpigmentation over the years and have come to appreciate product performance over competitive price point. I have wasted money on some relatively cheaper deals, only to end up shelving the product for the lacklusture results it gave.

Lancome Bright Expert is the only dark spot corrector that I will repurchase - that's how thrilled I am with its results. I highly endorse it. In fact, its one of the 2 Lancome products I haven't been disappointed with (Genefique not so much.. Vissionnaire even worse).

Let's look at my top 10 list of hyperpigmentation treatments and how this particular product fares overall:

1. LP Retexturizing booster - I'm happy that this heavy duty skin resurfacer is not discontinued in my country, so I'm still enjoying the benefits. My dark spots were visibly lightened overnight even from the first day of usage. The one drawback is the midday shine if you wear it during daytime. 1 lippie off for the extortionate price. It doesnt cause breakouts, but can be drying. Quick absorption time means it can be safely layered with a moisturizer and suncreen.
2. LP Resurfacing Cream - delivers results similar to the retexturizing booster, but I found it drying as I was hesitant to layer a moisturizer over it. Nightime usage only.
3. Lancome Bright Expert - impressive dark spot corrector by Lancome that delivers visible results within 3 days of consecutive day+nightime usage. No breakouts, not drying, can wear with a cream on top. Reasonably priced for the amazing results it gives.
4. Dermalogica Daily resurfacer - Yes, this one is a quick deliverly stunner, though slightly drying. See results within 5 days. Price point not so favorable.
5. L'Occitaine Brightening essence - Its rather drying but does its job well. The other issue is that it takes forever to be absorbed, so I ended up using it only on weekends. It caused my sunscreen to pill.
6. Clarins BrightPlus serum - very gentle serum, takes forever to deliver visible results, but I didnt experience any breakouts or dry downs with it.
7. Dermalogica Renewal Booster - Lackluster performer, clogs pores and gives rough skin texture if too much is used. I've seen the rave review, but I personally wouldn't recommend.
8. Neostrata 15% glycolic cream - this cream works wonders but its a harsh product causing cystic acne on my oilier cheek. Its reasonably priced tho, so maybe the drier skin types might enjoy.
9. Shiseido White Lucent serum concentrate - expensive and pore clogging, but it makes a diff after 2 weeks.
10. Dermalogica Chromawhite C-12 - utterly useless. Still mad at myself for wasting my precious $$$ on this, considering it was my very first purchase of a treatment product. Live and learn, they say.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be really effective when used twice a day for four weeks. It helped diminish past acne scarring and evened out my skintone. It takes a while to work though, as skin changes every 28 days anyway. Highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The list of ingredients is impressive, so I decided to try this product to lighten some facial dark spots. I have sensitive skin that reacts often to products, so I am happy to report that I did not experience any irritation, dryness or redness from using this product. I applied a tiny amount directly to the spotted areas only. It spreads nicely and absorbs well. I used it twice daily until the tube was finished, about 3 months. i used Coola brand SPF30 on my face whenever going outdoors. Typically I don't like sunscreen under foundation, but I even applied the SPF30 during the time I used this product.

It did not lighten the dark spots. Absolutely no change. At the price paid, it is not a product that iI will use again nor recommend. I gave it a rating of 2 only because it did not irritate the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Drproctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Been using this product for a month. I've used pretty much the entire tube. It smells very nice and feels great on my skin. I've noticed lightening of old acne scars. I have a few other spot correcting products that I want to use up before I go out and purchase more, but I would buy this again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

maybe my review is a little premature BUT I am already seeing a difference in my skin so here it goes.
I have been using this for about 2 weeks now with my genifique serum. I bought this to correct the hyperpigmentaion marks and damaged skin texture around my mouth from a terrible hormonal breakout. and this works!

I use this day and night and put this pretty much all over my face, wait a minute and then apply genifique on top. When I wake up in the morning, I am so amazed at how good my skin looks (and this is huge for me since I am never happy with my skin and i pick and point at every little blemish or discoloration).
it smells wonderful and its light lotion texture feels really good when applying.

Scars are still there but my face seems calmer, less red, less blotchy and overall more even.
The reason why I am SUPER excited about this so far is because though it hasn't completely faded my hyperpigmenation marks (and I didn't expect it to do that in just two weeks), it is improving the texture of skin around my mouth SO MUCH. after that horrible hormonal breakout, my entire mouth and chin area not only had ugly marks on them but had bumpy and uneven surface. Now when I touch my face, it's SMOOTH. Smooth like it was before. And this makes makeup application a breeze since I'm just covering up some discoloration and isn't concerned with my concealer accentuating the little bumps and ugly patches on my skin.

I love it, i am so glad I went with it.
The only things I don't like about it is that it's expensive and for some reason, it's making my upper lip dry (probably because I am targeting my mouth area when I'm applying this product and i saw that salicylic acid is one of its ingredients)

UPDATE:
it's been just over a month since I started using this and I barely need any foundation. The marks are still there but fading and they look like nothing compared to what they were before. I have no had a single breakout since I started using this. I use this in conjunction with genifique and I've never been more satisfied with another skin care.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by love4chanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a fan. This is not an overnight miracle and it's a bit pricey at $69 for 1 ounce, but I have noticed a dramatic lightening of sun spots and post acne marks after using for about a month. My suggestion would be to wait until a dept. store is having a GWP before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by mlgibson494

I love this. I use this in the morning with Genefique. Then Visionnaire at night. I have not broke out once, and haven't really had any at all since using this. My face is radiant. It is more even. My acne scars have faded. It takes awhile, but that is to be expected. With dark spots, they don't form overnight. Why would they go away in only weeks? I love this, it works. And it is cheaper then Cliniques in the long run, as it is much more effective per bottle. Will repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jenx3989

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based on other reviews posted here I decided to try Bright Expert to fade out my acne scars and spotting caused by sun damage on my face. I've been using this morning and night for the past 3 weeks and I really haven't seen any difference in the spots. They're still very visible and I still have to use a thick concealer to hide them. So far, I'm very disappointed that this product has not lived up to the high reviews posted here. There's perhaps a slight fading in intensity of the dark spots, so that's why I'm giving this a 3, and I have not had any acne since I started using this.

I'll update my post after I have used up the bottle and let you know if there's been any improvement.

UPDATE: After 6 months of using this product, I can still clearly see my dark spots from sun exposure and my old acne scars. I have to use concealer to hide them. So I'm downgrading my score from 3 to 2 because this stuff clearly does not work on lightening dark spots, though it may brighten overall complexion. I will never buy this product again.