August 29, 2014 | 968 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Extreme Strength Builder Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by vintagelunettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I had a traumatic experience where my hair broke off.. in handfuls. It was so over processed and dry, and this single handedly brought my hair back to life. This is the only reason I didn't have to cut my hair into a pixie cut and I will continue to buy as long as I'm a blonde.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by donnaherrera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was okay at first I did not know what to expect, had a bleaching accident to the point where my hair is stringy like a rubber band, it's color was gray/silver which I finally manage after various attempts it was awesome but the down side was that I made it super thin and elastic. This product did nothing to my hair. Left it on for a length bit testing out times, from 5 minutes to 15 to 20 to 30 even an hr but no luck. I am sure if hair is not damaged as mine I am sure it will work wonders but to my damaged hair it did nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this mask based on MUA reviews, and I'm very glad that I did. This is a fantastic product and really serious stuff, which is suitable for thick, coarse and really damaged hair as well, not just normal or slightly damaged/dry, as most products are (in spite of the marketing claims).
This is a protein treatment, and the third protein treatment that I've tried. Joico K-Pak didn't really do anything to my hair, and Kerastase's green line (Bain Force Architecte and the Age Recharge Mask) strengthened my hair but also made it very greasy in no time.
This product has an immediate strengthening effect, and helps my hair stay fresh even longer than my favorite products do. I like to use this mask together with the matching shampoo, but I've found that just the mask in itself already lengthens the time between hair washes.

There are a lot of warnings about protein treatments. A lot of reviewers say that those with dry hair shouldn't use them, because they will only make the matter worse. But I think hardly anyone knows if their hair is damaged or dry. For example, I have been dying my hair for more than 10 years now (on a monthly basis), because I started to go grey very early. Now almost 100% of my hair is grey, so obviously 'old', weak and damaged from dying. But it has never been bleached, and is hardly ever heat styled. Being wavy and coarse it is obviously dry, moreover, very dry.

So now, should you be afraid of a protein treatment? I think no, at least not in this case. The majority of the reviewers experienced good results, and a lot of them must have dry hair rather than damaged. You can try using this mask once a week or in rotation with a protein-free moisturizing treatment, or if you have time, you can use both: first this, then the moisturizer. I've used it in itself and also together with Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm or Macadamia Natural Oil Mask. It worked really well either way. It has a plastic cherry smell, which I don't particularly find pleasant, but this product has such great benefits, that I won't complain about that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a favorite of mine in the whole Redken Extreme line. It does what it is supposed to do and I see definite improvements in my hair. There is less fallout in the shower, my hair is left shiny and not crunchy, and my curls get a boost in texture. It has the same fruity scent as the Anti-Snap spray which I also adore. The consistency is that of a yogurt and it is light blue in color. It does feel like it gets absorbed in my hair and it has good slip for me. It does take a while to feel like it has rinsed off cleanly, but the effort is worth it. My hair air-dries soft and never greasy. I wish this came in a tube instead of a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

This stuff is magical. I only use it once every two weeks or so because I have seen improvement in the state of my hair since I first started using it. Although some people find it dries out their hair after rinsing, I never feel the need to use a follow-up moisturizing conditioner. It leaves me hair soft, shiny, and healthy looking. It smells like blueberries but the scent does not linger after rinsing. This is the only masque I've used that I've seen in your face results. I ran out of this and tried the Restorative Masque by Moroccan Oil and it just doesn't measure up, unfortunately. I work in a salon and I always recommend this to ladies and gents with damaged hair from bleaching or frequent highlighting and they always come back for more (but not for a while because this shiz lasts ages).

It's 27$ ish Canadian which isn't too bad. A tub of this stuff should last you 4-5 months because you need so little of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Leigh100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hair repair in a jar. This product contains the penetrating palm oils, the ceramides, hydrolyzed proteins and 18-MEA needed to rebuild damaged hair. If you have fried or color damaged hair this product will be your best friend. Silicone free is also a plus so the ingredients really sink in. I think if you aren't getting the best results with this, try clarifying the hair first. If you use a silicone based shampoo you may be blocking some absorption needed to get full benefit.
I clarify then towel blot hair. Apply and leave in 30 minutes under a shower cap. I follow with a protein free conditioner and leave on 5 minutes. Result is hair so lovely I could cry.
When I am in a hurry I will just use as a regular conditioner once in a while. When I do this I only rinse 75% out and let the rest just seep into hair throughout the day. Makes hair very manageable.

I have yet to find another product on the market that contains all the ingredients this one does. Some have one or 2. This one has all needed so you truly are getting the best product possible to help work with damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by 6InchHeels

This is the most amazing hair product I have ever used. It was initially recommended to me by my regular stylist. I'd done a lot of terrible things to my hair with dye and bleach, and this stuff utterly saved it. I've been using it for a few years now, I can't live without it! It somehow has managed to make my breaking, fried, tangled hair and turn it back to being soft, shiny, and silky again.

I've tried A LOT of products on my hair, and this is the only thing I've bought repeatedly. I find it a little expensive, but it's worth it. The results are incredible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by dreambourne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a natural for two years and recently decided to go back to relaxing my hair. In order to avoid the reason I did a big chop before i went to a salon. The stylist recommended this product as my deep conditioner and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE it!!! I've gone through 2 tubs of it and honestly I've strayed but I'm definitely going back. After washing my hair I apply a generous amount of the deep conditioner and wrap my hair around my head doobie style place a shower cap on my head and use my home hair therapy wrap... which is basically just like sitting under a dryer or wrapping a hot towel around your head. In fifteen minutes I have soft, flowy, moisturized hair. When I rinse I never rinse all of the conditioner out... more like 95%. then i apply my heat protectant and blow dry and my hair is the best it ever felt with this conditioner. I've found that as long as I follow up with a proper hair routine... i.e. leave in and seal and wrapping my hair every night the results lasts until i wash my hair the next week. Also I really like the smell and texture of the product. Another thing to note it that i am pretty heavy handed when it comes to products so my hair is soaked in this stuff and then i add some more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by PassionateAboutSkincare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. It makes my hair really soft. I don't really like how it in a tub because I don't like digging into it or have to be extra careful about getting water in it in the shower. But over all it is a great deep conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by UnVraiAnge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just used it for the first time and I already know, that I Love it!!!
I put it on for an hour with shower cap(sexy) and when I rinsed it off, My hair. Was like made of silk!I really really really hope, that I found finally my HG product and I can grow my hair!
will come back for an update for sure!
I will be using in alternate with L'Oreal EverRiche shampoo and deep repair mask, when it runs out I purchase the All Soft range-never used.
Also having the matching shampoo and Anti snap leave in.

Hair History:
Original color is a medium dark ashy blonde, fine, but have a lot of it. Constantly bleaching to platinum blonde, it means root touch ups in every 4weeks. Although my hair is in an ok condition, what I'm doing with it, cannot grow below my shoulder, because snapping off.
Oily scalp, need to wash every other day.
Tried millions of products, like Kerastase,Tigi,L'Oreal Professional,Revlon Professional, Schwarzkopf Prof.,No Inhibition-the salon keratin treatment also,MilkShake,Bain de terre,Macadamia,Lee. Stafford,Philip Kingsley,Klorane, Phyto etc.
So basically almost every salon and drugstore brand.