April 19, 2014 | 998 users online

Treatments - Redken - Extreme Strength Builder Plus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a favorite of mine in the whole Redken Extreme line. It does what it is supposed to do and I see definite improvements in my hair. There is less fallout in the shower, my hair is left shiny and not crunchy, and my curls get a boost in texture. It has the same fruity scent as the Anti-Snap spray which I also adore. The consistency is that of a yogurt and it is light blue in color. It does feel like it gets absorbed in my hair and it has good slip for me. It does take a while to feel like it has rinsed off cleanly, but the effort is worth it. My hair air-dries soft and never greasy. I wish this came in a tube instead of a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

This stuff is magical. I only use it once every two weeks or so because I have seen improvement in the state of my hair since I first started using it. Although some people find it dries out their hair after rinsing, I never feel the need to use a follow-up moisturizing conditioner. It leaves me hair soft, shiny, and healthy looking. It smells like blueberries but the scent does not linger after rinsing. This is the only masque I've used that I've seen in your face results. I ran out of this and tried the Restorative Masque by Moroccan Oil and it just doesn't measure up, unfortunately. I work in a salon and I always recommend this to ladies and gents with damaged hair from bleaching or frequent highlighting and they always come back for more (but not for a while because this shiz lasts ages).

It's 27$ ish Canadian which isn't too bad. A tub of this stuff should last you 4-5 months because you need so little of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Leigh100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hair repair in a jar. This product contains the penetrating palm oils, the ceramides, hydrolyzed proteins and 18-MEA needed to rebuild damaged hair. If you have fried or color damaged hair this product will be your best friend. Silicone free is also a plus so the ingredients really sink in. I think if you aren't getting the best results with this, try clarifying the hair first. If you use a silicone based shampoo you may be blocking some absorption needed to get full benefit.
I clarify then towel blot hair. Apply and leave in 30 minutes under a shower cap. I follow with a protein free conditioner and leave on 5 minutes. Result is hair so lovely I could cry.
When I am in a hurry I will just use as a regular conditioner once in a while. When I do this I only rinse 75% out and let the rest just seep into hair throughout the day. Makes hair very manageable.

I have yet to find another product on the market that contains all the ingredients this one does. Some have one or 2. This one has all needed so you truly are getting the best product possible to help work with damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by 6InchHeels

This is the most amazing hair product I have ever used. It was initially recommended to me by my regular stylist. I'd done a lot of terrible things to my hair with dye and bleach, and this stuff utterly saved it. I've been using it for a few years now, I can't live without it! It somehow has managed to make my breaking, fried, tangled hair and turn it back to being soft, shiny, and silky again.

I've tried A LOT of products on my hair, and this is the only thing I've bought repeatedly. I find it a little expensive, but it's worth it. The results are incredible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by dreambourne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a natural for two years and recently decided to go back to relaxing my hair. In order to avoid the reason I did a big chop before i went to a salon. The stylist recommended this product as my deep conditioner and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE it!!! I've gone through 2 tubs of it and honestly I've strayed but I'm definitely going back. After washing my hair I apply a generous amount of the deep conditioner and wrap my hair around my head doobie style place a shower cap on my head and use my home hair therapy wrap... which is basically just like sitting under a dryer or wrapping a hot towel around your head. In fifteen minutes I have soft, flowy, moisturized hair. When I rinse I never rinse all of the conditioner out... more like 95%. then i apply my heat protectant and blow dry and my hair is the best it ever felt with this conditioner. I've found that as long as I follow up with a proper hair routine... i.e. leave in and seal and wrapping my hair every night the results lasts until i wash my hair the next week. Also I really like the smell and texture of the product. Another thing to note it that i am pretty heavy handed when it comes to products so my hair is soaked in this stuff and then i add some more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by PassionateAboutSkincare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. It makes my hair really soft. I don't really like how it in a tub because I don't like digging into it or have to be extra careful about getting water in it in the shower. But over all it is a great deep conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by UnVraiAnge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just used it for the first time and I already know, that I Love it!!!
I put it on for an hour with shower cap(sexy) and when I rinsed it off, My hair. Was like made of silk!I really really really hope, that I found finally my HG product and I can grow my hair!
will come back for an update for sure!
I will be using in alternate with L'Oreal EverRiche shampoo and deep repair mask, when it runs out I purchase the All Soft range-never used.
Also having the matching shampoo and Anti snap leave in.

Hair History:
Original color is a medium dark ashy blonde, fine, but have a lot of it. Constantly bleaching to platinum blonde, it means root touch ups in every 4weeks. Although my hair is in an ok condition, what I'm doing with it, cannot grow below my shoulder, because snapping off.
Oily scalp, need to wash every other day.
Tried millions of products, like Kerastase,Tigi,L'Oreal Professional,Revlon Professional, Schwarzkopf Prof.,No Inhibition-the salon keratin treatment also,MilkShake,Bain de terre,Macadamia,Lee. Stafford,Philip Kingsley,Klorane, Phyto etc.
So basically almost every salon and drugstore brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried many rebuilder or moisturizing masks in my life;
(JOICO K-PAK, ABSOLUTE REPAIR FROM L'ORÉAL PROFFESSIONAL, EVERCRÈME SULFATE FREE MOISTURE SYSTEM...) But this one is the best i've ever bought! i don't have any negative point to say on this product

I got this mask for 18$ instead of 23$ which is a great deal for a proffesional product.
Since I have it, I used this product once a week, for 5 months now and the jar is empty at 3/4... not bad considering that my hair are very long and damaged by bleach! I Will rebuy it for sure

Pros:smells good
last long (big jar)
resonable price
nice creamy texture
fast visible effects (2 or 3 uses)
repair and reconstruct damaged hair

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product.

Bit of my background to start - I have thick, dark, chest-length hair that I have chemically straightened twice. Plus used heat to straighten every day for one year, plus used a hair dryer cause I'm horribly impatient. Needless to say, my hair was heat damaged, dry and brittle. And nothing worked. I've tried everything on my hair - 5 different oils, hair masks, hair spas in India. Nothing worked for permanent results.

Then I heard about this product.

I've been using it once a week for the past month and the results are incredible. I follow it up with a strong conditioner. I always add a drop of Argan oil (for extra moisture), heat protectant (cause I can't stand air drying my hair) and some serum (for added shine). My hair is now shiny, bouncy and breakage has reduced considerably. I'm pretty impressed.
The only reason why I would not buy this again is because I always like to change up my hair products. I recommend this if you have damaged hair and nothing will fix it.

PS: Always follow with a deep conditioner. This does not moisturize it only improves strength and your hair will feel straw like without a good conditioner. I also use coconut oil masks weekly to moisturize my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by lovelylatina253

I used this for the first time tonight and I am BLOWN AWAY! So much so, I joined makeupalley just to write this review, and I never write reviews!

Let me start off by giving my reason for using this product in the first place. I have naturally thick, black, very long hair. Two weeks ago, I decided to do a red ombre (at home). Well, lets just say that wasn't a good idea. My hair became straw like at the ends! No joke, literally like hay! Although I love the red and the way the color turned out, my hair is clearly damaged.

Fast forward to tonight. After days of research, I decided to try this out. I shampooed my hair as normal then towel dried. I put a generous amount on the fried ends of my hair and put on a shower cap. I left it on for 15 min then rinsed with cold water. NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART...this is a protein treatment, which means you will need, need , NEED to follow up immediately with a deep conditioner or mask. I combined Aussie 3 minute miracle, Neutrogena triple moisture mask AND ion effective care treatment and used as a mask. Mind you, I have always combined these products and used the concoction as a deep conditioner. However, I was seeing NO MAJOR improvement once my hair was dyed and damaged. but HOLY COW, using the Redken extreme strength builder plus beforehand made a major difference!

I am seriously almost in tears, I am so happy! this DID NOT strip any red from my hair and left it so vibrant and smooth. My hair looks smoother right now than it did before I did the ombre. I will continue to use this and update in a few weeks with my progress. if you are dealing with dry, over processed damaged hair, you NEED to try this! You will be so glad you did!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No