August 22, 2014 | 1720 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Restful

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's strange that this shade doesn't show up in EDM's different categories of blushes, but I stumbled upon it on their site as I was looking through other blushes when it appeared as a "you may also like........". If you type "Restful" in the search engine, it does come up.

Anyways, I purchased this because I'm a pink blush junkie and the site described it as a "wearable pink to give a hint of color to your cheeks", so I assumed it would be good for fair skin tones. I only applied a couple specs of product and got a very vibrant flush, which I toned down with their Light Pink lucent powder. With that combo, it looks like a very pretty, rosey pink with sheen, so I was very happy with the result. Now, 8 hours later, I looked in the mirror and it's more orange in tone. How does that happen? I'm on Accutane right now, so I'm bone dry and can't blame it on oil break through because I have absolutely no oil production at this stage. I've never really had that problem with blushes before, except for EDM.

Also, the picture on the site looks nothing like the product once you receive it in the jar. The picture is kind of representative of what it looks like when applied, but even that's a stretch! I wish they would solve that issue so i could feel confident in purchasing a blush from them based on the product's picture. I'm mainly disappointed that they described it as a sheer shade to provide a "hint" of color, which indicates that it would be fool-proof, but it's very, very pigmented. So, in a sense, that can be a good thing because it will last so long, but I don't like worrying about being precise with my blush application because I'm usually in a rush in the morning.

When it's first applied, it is a pretty, mid toned rosey pink shade with a slight hint of coral. It's also very pigmented and would work with a lot of skin tones.