April 16, 2014 | 1919 users online

Eyeliner - NARS - Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner - Via Veneto

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by lilacmauve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very expensive for what it is: smudgeprone eyeliner, which smudges heavily after five or six hours of wear. Ok only if you need to keep eye makeup for a few hours, but I work minimum 10 hours a day - so it is no good for me. A waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

Love the color, and how easily it applies, but like others said it is so difficult to sharpen and didn't last long on me at all. won't be rebuying.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I love the copper brown color but then theres not much else I like about this eyeliner which is so unfortunate! It goes on very very easily but it comes off just as easily! Its really awful. I have year round allergy sinus issues so I may touch my eyes a little more than the next person but I've used many different types of eyeliners and this one is at the bottom of my list... There is nothing long-wear about this. Its really disappointing. I almost want to use my Tarte Amazonian Clay powder on top of it and see if it stays better. That may help the top lids but I also line the bottom lids. I have large eyes (think Mila Kunis) so I have a lot of eyelid to work with, this just not sit well at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

It can smudge a little (when used alone) which is my main problem but if I apply eyeshadow base on my waterline, set it with black eyeshadow using an angled eyeliner brush after then setting my lower lid with a translucent powder, then it doesn't smudge. I am giving it 8 stars instead of 10 because since it is water-proof it is very hard to apply to the waterline. Sometimes it won't apply at all!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

this is total CRAP. this expensive piece of little sh*t smudges crazy and irritates my eyes like there's no tomorrow. as soon as i apply it on my waterline my eyes tear up (this doesn't happen with other liners) and everything gets really messy. it's also not sharp enough to draw a fine line along my lash line so what i end up getting when i put it on my lash line is what looks like black eye shadow. this is so bad. feel like a total idiot to have given this a chance.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Tried this on in Sephora and loved it - creamy and glided on effortlessly and had very rich pigment. However, about and hour later my eyes started to feel very irritated. They were itchy, mucousy feeling and red. As soon as I got home I took out my contacts and still hours later my eyes are itching so bad I just took a Benadryl hoping it'll help. Going back tomorrow. Also, it may have been my bad reaction, but it was smudged all over place when I went to take it off so the staying power wasn't any better than my usual staple Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is intense, I will give it that. However, this, like other creamy pencils I've used, smudges like crazy. Also, I do not like the packaging. The pencil is retractable and the sharpener is useless. Everytime I would try sharpening the tip, it would just break off. Not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Trixity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I ONLY wear eyeliner on my top waterline. I'll tightline by wetting eyeshadow and placing it right into my lashes, and then I'll finish with an actual eyeliner on the upper waterline. I never put eyeliner on my bottom waterline because it closes off my eyes a little. What would always happen, however, is that within 30 minutes of putting eyeliner on my upper waterline, it would begin to transfer to the lower waterline. This would always happen especially when I was out with friends because I get super squinty when I laugh and before I knew it, my lower waterline was lined due to transferring lol.

So I went on a quest to find an eyeliner that would stay put without transferring. After trying so many different eyeliners, both drugstore and high end, I stumbled across the NARS eyeliner. I tried it on in the store and hours later when I looked in the mirror, I had the SLIGHTEST transfer. I'm talking about on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) it was a level 1 transfer. This didn't bother me at all because I know it's impossible to find an eyeliner that will be 100% transfer proof, and this was hours after I put it on.
Still, I tried cheaper alternatives, because I didn't wanna spend so much on an eyeliner! Nothing even came close to it, so I finally gave it and purchased it.
I have NO regrets! This is the BEST eyeliner I have ever tried. I'll put it on and hours later it will be the same level of intense black without hardly any transferring at all, giving my eyes the definition that I want. I fell asleep with it on and when I woke up, it still didnt fade! Since it stayed so well put on my waterline I'm certain that even on your lids this will be smudge and fade proof. Definitely give it a try whenever you come across it in stores, I highly recommend this eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by xSassygirlx

Definitely a very vivid black! Also goes on very smooth and creamy. I've tried many different pencil/crayon liners from drugstore to high-end and this is so far the best in terms of color and ease of application.

I am however, slightly disappointed with it's staying power. At the end of the work day (mine can run 12-16 hours long) I only see a faded marking of where I had used it on my waterline. Maybe I'm just being unfair though... does any eyeliner last that long? >.< For sure if you only need it to last up to 8 hours this would definitely be worth every penny. But for 10+ hours I am still looking!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

Love how pigmented this eyeliner is. It also lasts all day with out fading on bother upper lash line and water line. The twist up function is very easy and convienent to use. I felt bad paying as much as I did for this eyeliner but am glad I got it.