NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner - Via Veneto

3.5

on 4/12/2015 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This came in a Sephora Favorites kit, maybe about half normal size. I like that it twists up. It goes on pretty black and doesn't drag, is smooth. But for some reason, it'll stay in my upper tightline but not my lower. I'll continue to use it for lining and layering black powder over it but I won't use it for tightlining anymore.

on 3/26/2015 1:27:00 PM

I am surprised to see so many bad reviews for this product! In my personally opinion, this is one of the best, if not THE best eyeliner I have found.

I received this eyeliner in this year's birthday gift for VIB Rouge at Sephora. Firstly, the packaging is very sleek and I love the fact that it is in a twist-tube as opposed to an actual sharpen-pencil. I used this product to define my lower lash line and my upper water line and was blown away by the intensity and the pigment, the contrast to my light-blue eyes is striking. I also noticed that the product did not smear/transfer throughout the day (I usually do not wear eyeliner on my lower lash line to avoid raccoon-eyes, but this product is great for its staying power).

Like all Nars products, this product is horribly overpriced, even though the product is great. I will personally re-purchase, but understand why others may not want to due to this reason.

All-in-all, I definitely recommend this product.

on 3/18/2015 12:53:00 AM

This is better than urban decays zero. It lasts all day but isn't intense black. It's also retractable which is a plus I don't have to sharpen.

on 2/21/2015 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

When I got this, I was so excited after hearing all the rave reviews it had on youtube. However, with the experience I had I am left totally confused. I honestly think something was wrong with mine because it just seems so off from what others are saying. This is not only the worst eyeliner I've ever tried, but one of the worst products. When I opened it, it was fine. I would say it performed like a mediocre eyeliner. It lasted all day, but the pigment was not great. I was determined to make this work, though. I started to notice, though, that it was drying out rather quickly. Weird for a pencil eyeliner, right? Anyways, I put it away for a little while and when I revisited it again a short while later I was confronted not with an eyeliner, but what can only described as rock shaped like an eyeliner. When it hurt my eyes and no pigment came off because it was so hard and dry, I thought that perhaps warming it up on the back of my hand would help. You know how you get that faint white line when you scratch your fingernail against your skin? That's what happened when I tried this. I'm trying to think of positives for this and the best I can come up with is that it at least was a mediocre eyeliner for about two months before drying out. But I'm not sure if something was wrong with mine because mine seems to be quite a unique experience. I'm not going to buy it again, though, just in case this is how the eyeliner really is. Based on my experience, I am going to say to stay far away from this eyeliner but I have a suspicion that mine could have bad. Also, a lot of people have had success with it so I say if you really want to you should try it.

on 2/20/2015 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyeliner didn't work for me for a variety of reasons. The color itself is a soft black, definitely nowhere near as pigmented as Urban Decay's Perversion, or Milani's Liquifeye in black. It also irritated my eyes, and I wear contacts. Overall, wouldn't repurchase.

Pros: twist up eyeliner, no sharpening needed!
Cons: flaked everywhere, I could see it on my under eye with tiny specks of black, not a good look. It's on the drier side of eyeliners, difficult to smudge.

This is the longest lasting pencil eyeliner ive found. For reference urban decay is a smudgy mess on me. I have oil pretty much everywhere. I love it for drawing the top line too, stays put and i NEVER use pencil for the top due to my oilyness but this is the only one i can. BUT if you want something to smudge or smoke out this is too hard for that. Its not that type of pencil you need to be firm with this. If you want softer but good lasting power perhaps mac prolongwear in definedly black. Thats softer. This is more like loreal infalliable if you want a drugstore option. Really smudgey one is the urban decay, much softer pencil for me a mess, for many a pleasure to use. Toodles

on 1/20/2015 8:49:00 AM

These are the only pencil liners that stay put on my waterline and don't transfer to my upper eyelids. Love these! I only wish, and I know that's why they stay, that they were a little creamier.

on 1/11/2015 11:07:00 PM

Via Veneto is a pitch black matte eye liner from NARS. It is a twist up (mechanical) pencil and the claim is that it last for 12 hours. This does not glide on smoothly, the texture is harder than the make up forever eyeliner and the Urban Decay 24/7. I tested this out for over 24 hours and this does last with minimum smudging on the upper lash line. However for the waterline it smudged within 3 hours. Check out my video for the before and after pictures.

on 1/8/2015 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this eyeliner for lining my upper water line every day. No smudges, ever. I put this one early in the morning and usually remove my makeup at 9/10 p.m.. Never once find any black smudges under my eyes. This stuff is fantastic.

on 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM

This eyeliner was not worth the price I paid for it. Despite it's long-wearing claims, I find that it smudges easily on my oily eyelids and waterline. I have tried far more pigmented liners that stay put from Urban Decay, Stila, MUFE, and even the drugstore. I do like that it is quite creamy and that it is a twist up pencil.

Video Reviews & Tutorials