November 26, 2014 | 1632 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Mega Impact Eye liner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by makeupluver23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

my favorite eyeliner.. I use my eyeliner for my waterlines and it works so well .. It lasts for a good amount of time I don't fix my makeup that often and it still looks like I just put it on .. I got this in black and its the blackest eyeliner ive ever gotten ... the only thing I don't like it that a lot of product gets wasted bc of sharpening but it still lasts awhile .. love it !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased Rich Copper for $2.99 during a sale. I haven't used Avon products in many years and wasn't sure what to expect, but for three bucks I could risk it. This product is a creamier liner similar to UD and Milani liquid eye. It goes on smoothly and blends well. Staying power is very good as well. I can apply in the morning and it's still going strong by the evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by ava1910

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best eyeliner I've ever used! I have tried them all...from high end department store liners to pharmacy brand. This is the easiest liner to use. It never pulls on your lids. Only negative is that you go trough it quick because its so soft and you have to sharpen frequently. But goes on like butter and stays on all day. I have oily skin and also work in restaurant so that makes me even more oily but this liner stays on all day. And every few months Avon has them on sale for 2.99!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by hodetovervannet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Oooooh yes Avon! You finally created a HG product for me. Woot Woot! Avon Mega Impact Eye Liner is simply UH MAYZ ZING! It is a gel formula and goes on without any pushing or tugging at all.

The black is deep dark black and there are many other colors that are simply gorgeous. I just ordered all the colors from the Avon website because they are half off at the moment. Yippie.

I would use these as a go to eyeliner over any of my other liners including UD. Great color payoff and waterproof, too! These don't budge and don't flake. Stay true to color and are a BREEZE to apply.

They are a bit soft so be sure not to press too hard when you're applying.

Thanks Avon!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by kmd11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this eyeliner. I bought it in the extreme cobalt and it is really a perfect color for blue eyes and so smooth it just glides right on. It really works just like a gel liner but is way easier to apply. It also has major staying power, I tested the color on my hand and had to scrub it to get it off and use a coconut oil to get it off my eyes. Love the way it makes my eyes pop and you can get a perfect line. My favorite eyeliner ever and it only cost me $5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been checking this out everytime it goes on sale. Avon just brought two new colors so I bought Sage. Pleasantly surprised at the gel consistency. So soft so no tugging or pulling on the skin. Sets quite quickly and did not fade away or smudge after four hours. When I looked in the magnified mirror, I saw the shimmer and some tiny glitter. At a distance when speaking to someone, the glitter is not noticeable but the shimmer is beautiful. Sage is dark enough to rim the eyes and show off dark, thick lashes. I wore this with Maybelline Tattoo shadow (in Bad to the Bronze). I just wish Avon had this in the non-sharpening packaging like their Glimmersticks.

Pros:
- gel that sets quickly
- stays on for four hours with no smudges or fading
- affordable
- no tugging or pulling on skin

Cons:
- have to sharpen (a bother and possibly a waste of product)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon's Mega Impact pencils are a gel liner in pencil form. Convenient. "Easy to Use" in Avon's words. Avon also promises that this eyeliner will "up the wow-factor!", whatevar that means. Mega Impact eyeliners are available in 4 colors, I have the basic black shade "Black Flash". This pencil sells for $6, but I got it on sale for $3.50. Each pencil contains 2.5g (.42oz) of product. These pencils are made in Germany. Avon does not test their products on animals, except in their Asian markets, so consider that before purchasing their products.
There isn't a lot I can say about Mega Impact's packaging. It's a traditional pencil that does need to be sharpened, but don't worry, it really doesn't seem like you waste too much product when sharpening. The tip is firm and doesn't snap off, so really you're only shaving off a negligible amount of product. I mean yeah it adds up, but you get where I'm going yeah? The black plastic cap stays in place well, so there's little rish of your liner drying out. The pencil it's self is thin and black with silver lettering. Obviously because there's such a small surface area, there isn't a lot of information on the pencil, just the product name and shade and a little bit of company info. Ingredients and a bit more info are available on Avon's website.
Avon's Mega Impact eyeliners have a lovely, smooth, creamy texture which results in easy, fluid-like application. This gel pencil glides on as easy as a legit gel liner in a pot. It's kinda amazing and I was honestly shocked at the ease of this eyeliner's application. Because of it's wonderful gel texture, Mega Impact is one of the few pencil liners that I find comfortable to use on my top lash line. Though it's usable on my top lash line, I prefer to use Mega Impact on my inner rims. Avon doesn't specifically mention if this liner is or isn't waterline safe, but personally I don't have any discomfort or irritation. I don't have sensitive eyes though, and this pencil contains micro glitter (I'll get on to that later), so it's up to you if you're comfortable using Mega Impact on your rims.
I get pretty great wear from this eyeliner. I also find it fairly versatile. When first applied Mega Impact is quite smudgable, great for making your look smokier, or for using as an eyeshadow base. Work quickly though, because Mega Impact sets after 20-30 seconds and once it sets, it stays put. Seriously though, this stuff stays on the lid until you try wiping it off with an oil based remover, and even then it's pretty stubborn. I swatched this eyeliner on my arm for photos about 24 hours ago, tried washing it off, and there's still remnants if it. Kudos, Mega Impact.
So how does Mega Impact last on the waterline? Better than most. I've been wearing it for about 6 1/2 hours now and it's mostly still there. There's some inner corner smudging and my outer corner is severely faded, but really it's nothing a quick touch up wouldn't fix. While it may not be perfect, it pleases me. Six or seven hours is enough for me.
Black Flash is quite pigmented. A single pass delivers a sharp, opaque, richly black line. Black Flash is a true, neutral black. In a single line it appears to be a matte black, but when smudged out a few flecks of micro glitter are revealed. These are stealth glitters though, because they can't be detected on the eye or in the pencil. It's like smudging Black Flash causes them to magically appear. You also can't feel the glitter and I haven't had any issues with getting glitters in my eyes. Bonus.
I've been using Avon's Black Flash Mega Impact eyeliner a lot lately and I really like it! It has a great deep black color. The texture of this pencil is insanely smooth, gliding on better than any other eyeliner I've ever laid my hands on. Mega Impact is a great name for this product. In general I love Avon's eyeliners, so I expected to like Mega Impact, and it's lived up to every expectation I had and more. I would certainly repurchase this pencil, which may be sooner than I'd like because this pencil needs to be sharpened pretty frequently. That's ok though, since Avon offers frequent sales. I'd go as far to say that I wouldn't mind paying full price for a Mega Impact pencil, and I hate full price. I definitely recommend Avon's Mega Impact eyeliners, especially if you haven't tried a gel pencil liner. You will be amazed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupbylaura1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just fell in love with this liner. My HG eyeliner is Avon's discontinued Dual Ended Eyeliner in Navy Blue and Black. I have not been able to find anything like this liner which is very pigmented and a true navy blue color. Avon's Ultra Luxury Liner in Midnight Blue is not pigmented at all and it is not blue it is almost black. So definetly not what I like.
This Mega Impact Eyeliner in Extreme Cobalt has stopped my search for my True Navy Blue Eyeliner. This eyeliner is super pigmented, lasts quite a long time and does not smear. Glides on so beautifully. You just have to give this a try. If you are a fan of the UD and Milani Liquif liners, then give this one a try. The Black Flash color is also a very pigmented and rich black. The only reason why I still use the Dual Ended liners is because I stocked up on them when they were available. I will definetly do the same with these liners. Hopefully Avon does not disscontinue these too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by rosa2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised that I liked this eyeliner so much. I got it in black flash, and I was highly skeptical...I love UD eyeliners and victoria secrets pencil eyeliner (which works so wonderfully and lasts as well) I decided to try this until I could get to the mall to purchase my beloved VS one.
First off I'm so shocked that this applies so smoothly. Literally like a gel liner and its very vibrant... that's two pluses and it was cheap..another plus. It doesn't smudge as well as my VS or UD but if I want a deep black liner look this eyeliner does deliver. It goes on very smoothly and I do love that I've never encounted one that went on so well.
It goes great on my water line and lasts very very well on that considering my eyes can get very watery at times. It stays pretty well put and doesn't smudge too much on the bottom making me have raccoon eyes. It lasts quite a long time...not much fading at all if any.
Overall I will actually be purchasing backups because they are on sale for 2.99 and its way worth it I would pay more for this quality. So overall its a pretty good product in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Last year, Avon made Supershock gel eye liner which was a perfect dupe for Urban Decay gel eyeliner. Of course, it was discontinued. So when this Avon Mega Impact gel liner came available, I figured it would be similar. Wrong. I have this in the brown shimmer, which is a chocolate brown with large gold glitter in it. Once on the eyelid, you cannot see the glitter, but you can sure feel it when it slides into your eye! Just lovely. This will slide right off oily eyelids. After 3 hours, I had glitter in my eye and around the eye area.