October 26, 2014 | 1336 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Deep Rich Brown #27

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My HG hair color.

I have pale, olive skin with dark eyes and hair. Normally when I dye my hair dark brown it comes out a flat, too dark, obvious I-just-dyed-my-hair color. Not this one. It comes out a beautiful dark brown with just enough hint of warmth to it to make it look natural and not harsh. It's sophisticated and warm without having any obvious burgundy tinted colors to it.

I absolutely love this color but it fades very quickly on me (I do not use shampoo/conditioner specifically for color treated hair though, only ones that are 'safe' for them). The formula is messy and takes a long time to rinse out but for the price and color it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I think the previous poster had something wrong, or maybe something happened when she mixed the two colors?

I used this, and only this color, for a full head application and it came out a rich, chocolatey brown. I left it for 25 minutes and rinsed. It did take a ton of rinsing, but it looks so gorgeous. I have been searching for a brown that isn't too ashy or cool toned and this is it! It's also super cheap at $2.50 per box. I needed two boxes to do my medium length (it's 4-5 inches past my shoulders) thick hair.

I would definitely use this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Normally, I use Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Soft Brown, and it was a perfect shade for my hair. I decided to try a new color, and I wanted to mix it with Dark Soft Brown. I couldn't find my color bottle, so I decided to try Deep Rich Brown only.

What a disappointment. I had emailed Revlon prior to using this color, and their email stated that Deep Rich Brown would be a dark brown with red highlights. Well, it turned my hair black, coal black. It looks terrible, and even my DH said something, and he doesn't notice anything. Tomorrow, I am calling Revlon to find out how to fix this mess....