April 17, 2014 | 1486 users online

Fragrances - Creed - Millesime Imperial

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As I've said before I LOVE Creed fragrances, so I am a bit biased...

*I also am lucky in that my skin chemistry is neutral and scents smell the same on me as in the bottle, so if you have any doubts about it, please try a sample, especially as they are very expensive parfums*

My mum gave me this gorgeous fragrance after my aunt had bought it for her in Paris and she wasn't fond of it (she's super picky with scents), and I fell in love. I was about 13 I think, and I've been wearing it for over a decade now - it's my everyday scent.

Creed's site describes Millesime Imperial as: "Launched in 1994 to celebrate Creed’s 140th anniversary as supplier to the Imperial Courts of Europe. Exotic wood and musk notes are enlivened with a refreshing marine note.
Top notes: Bergamot, Green Mandarin, Lemon.
Heart notes: Iris, Sea Scent.
Back notes: Sandalwood, Amber, musk."

I would describe it as the perfect combination of masculine and feminine, it's another scent that I get constant compliments on, and that lasts me all day.

Like I said when I reviewed Creed's Love in Black, the pricetag for Creed Parfums is hefty - I usually get mine on Ebay for slightly less, but for me they are absolutely worth it: long-wearing and stunning scents, and gorgeous packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by oooSLICKooo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First burst of scents are lemon and an aquatic note, 5 minutes later, the leather, salt, and a hint of green appears. When reading the description for this I could not fathom what "salt" smelled like, and I imagined it wouldn't be very pleasant...until I smelled MI. Aaahhh thats what they mean. Thats nice. The drydown is wonderful and works with my chemistry. I may not always like all the Creed scents, but they are definitely complex and unique. This is a winner for me. 2 sprays 6 hours later and I can still smell it on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Millesime Imperial is a sophisticated citrus fragrance, with a salty aquatic note, and gentle woods in the base to anchor it. Very well balanced, lasts reasonably well on me. If you like lemon scents, give this a try. Millesime Imperial is usually marketed as a men's fragrance, but I think many women could wear it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scent but its not my favorite from Creed. The down fall is that after a few hours i cant smell this on me and have to re-spray it again but apart from that its a lovelly scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by RubySunrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was turned on to MI by my best friend who has about 7 (yes 7) other Creed fragrances. I liked it at first when I spritzed it on. My friend convinced me to buy it so I saved up and purchased a bottle. Now I'm struggling to like it on me. It might be a little too masculine for me. I smell the lemon, but I also smell leather and very very very ripe stone fruit (plums, peaches, etc.). It doesn't make me feel very sexy. I like Love in White much much better, but hesitate to spend another USD$250 on perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

Four lipsticks because the price is almost completely prohibitive. As a fragrance, however, it's five lipsticks and more. I normally hate (HATE) aquatic fragrances (Aqua di Gio, Cool Water, etc.) because they're ubiquitous and boringboringboring, but this one is a little bit spicy and a little bit complicated. Creed markets it as a unisex scent, but I think men should veer towards their fragrance called Green Irish Tweed instead. I'd love to own this, and it's likely I will purchase it in the very near future. You *do* get four ounces, after all!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Romano1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this scent over many years. Doesn't really start out with a "bang", but it does dry down to a complex subtlety. MI stays, and I have found it is good on both men and women.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Jasta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this fragrance quite a lot, although there's an aquatic opening note that I'm not quite sure about. Overall, it is a very pleasant, cool and laid back type of fragrance that could be worn by anyone, in any situation. Another great quality it has is that it can be layered with other Creed fragrances to create a custom blend. I now only wear it in combination with Royal English Leather, but by itself it would make a great everyday scent with a hint of luxury.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by lemonlye

This is a clean, fresh, expensive scent, but (thankfully, given the expense) isn't for me. I want to love lemony aquatic fragrances, but they don't want to love my chemistry. Unlike scents that blend well for me, scents that don't blend well--like this one--seem to just sit on top of my skin, gradually growing thin and stale and not doing anything interesting.

It wasn't unpleasant; I didn't feel the need to wash it off. It reminded me of duty-free perfume shops at international airports; jaunts to swanky warm destinations; shower-fresh deodorant; and also a touch of old, polished university halls with their lemon-oiled wood paneling and cold ancient marble. Clean and crisp, but right now I'm in the market for earthier and sexier.

I'm pleased to know what Harrison Ford smells like, but am sort of bummed, too. I hoped he'd smell like a smoky leather jacket. Oh well; he probably does when he's in his Indy costume. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by julie_madame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few fragrances that I have completely used up. It's my favorite marine scent and makes me think of cruising along the Amalfi Coast in a yacht decorated with juicy fruits and lush flowers. The smell is beautifully balanced, natural and classy. Whenever I spray it on, I'm transported. A wonderful addition to any collection. Pricey, like all things of quality, but worth it.