August 28, 2014 | 1685 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - LUSH Massage Bar - Hottie

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by LemurLover95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I work for a wildlife park, and as much as I love my work, it leaves me absolutely shattered, and my muscles can really hurt. I picked up Hottie for this reason as I've heard that ginger and pepper are really good for aching muscles. Pros: . Once the oils are properly rubbed and massaged in, the aches are gone after a short while. Even when the arches of my feet are really sore, I'm good as new again after a little massage with this bar! . The smell is lovely. . Very moisturising . The knobbly side is soothing on a stressed ankle . You don't need much if you use the right technique . Fair trade and organic ingredients . Reasonable price . Vegan . Not tested on animals . No needless packaging = environmentally friendly Cons: . Can't be used if you're in a rush, as the oils can take a while to sink in

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

This was my first LUSH product. It makes massages feel a little more special and decadent and really does make skin softer. I think it's best to think of this as an alternative to a massage or body oil. I actually like it better than an oil because I feel it is more moisturizing. But don't buy this expecting it to replace an everyday lotion or body butter because it is very rich and will probably be too heavy to use all over the body on a regular basis. If you have oily skin this may not be the product for you unless you just plan on using it on your feet. That said, it is very nice to use for massages. My significant other and I use it on backs but we are not breakout prone. I think the best place to use it is on feet and legs, because they need a lot of moisture and you can just put socks on after applying so your bed/couch/floor won't get greasy. This is absolutely rich enough to use as a foot cream/heel balm/cuticle balm. It works very well on dry cracked feet. And compared to a good quality rich foot cream this is less expensive, especially considering how many uses you can get out of it. I sometimes use this after a bath all over my body. It feels very nice on the skin and definitely makes me feel pampered. The next day after applying, my skin is noticeably softer. Only thing is, as mentioned before, this stuff can be quite greasy and must be applied with discretion. My skin is dry and I don't mind the oily feeling on my arms and legs which lasts a few hours before the product sinks in. But I am sure some people would not like this. I find the scent of this to be neither alluring nor repellant. I don't really like it but it doesn't bother me either. I would repurchase this but I'll probably try to find one whose smell I like better. The LUSH store has so many scents in such a small area that it can be overwhelming to the nose so I don't know what I'm smelling :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by breyerchic04

You need this. It's a solid bar that melts when it touches skin, when you purchase it there are bumps on one side, those go away with just a few uses, so don't count on it really providing accupressure or anything. What it does is create a nice sweet and spicy oil that rubs into skin easily for massage, I like to use it with a plastic massage thing with four "limbs" that rub the skin. The scent lingers on your skin for several hours and the oils lightly numb or alleviate some muscle pain. It's not going to replace a painkiller but for mild pain or in addition to painkillers it's a great product. I wish that it fit in the massage bar tin, it's not the same shape as some other massage bars so it doesn't and sometimes it'll break in use. I haven't noticed that it causes clogged pores or breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by kelka

This is such an amazing massage bar. It melts into skin and creates a lovely oil massaging.

I can't get over how Devine it smells, the smell does not fade after use either.

It is so relaxing and I can't get enough of it. It makes your skin feel incredible. My boyfriend also loves it. Will buy forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by lushie22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I havent used this yet, but from what ive read its GREAT. im not a huge fan of the smell but the person in lush said it would become more of a vanilla scent when in contact with my skin. I HOPE SO!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Vdkies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As a girl with sore muscles, I was looking forward to getting my hands on the Hottie massage bar. However, I made the mistake of ordering it online instead of going into the store and smelling it first! When I first opened the packaging, I thought it smelled of hay, like hay that a horse has been eating all day. I was initially turned off, but I love Lush and their products, so I decided to give it a go.

Fast forward to me using Hottie....I took a nice warm bath, and then decided to use it - big mistake. Not only did it do nothing for my poor, sore shoulder, it made everything (including my bath robe!) smell like horse hay. I can't even have this bar in my room, it was there for maybe 2 hours and my room smelled of it for a few days afterwards.

It's currently wrapped in two bags in the bottom shelf of my bathroom cupboards, never to see day light again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with Lush massage bars. I don't spend money on the soaps or bath bombs: I'd rather have a massage bar! Hottie has a spicy more than sweet smell and it's delicious. The bumps on it are great while they last. This works as a moisturizer and massage aid, and I use it for both purposes. I can't wait to try them all, for I have been pleased with every one I've tried so far! (I have a review for Mange Too as well.) One thing I was a bit disappointed in is that this does not tingle for sore muscles as advertised. But the smell makes up for this fact!

I tried using this as a moisturizer and it's too clogging and rich for daily use. Weekly use is better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetcuppincakes

I love it and it doesn't break my back out, HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! It is the first massage bar which I have used and I will never go back to oil again.
This one smells great and feels lovely on the skin. I don't however find it warming at all.
I will try another couple I have had my eye on, but I am sure I will give this one another go.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really did enjoy this product. The smell, the texture, the massaging balls...everything. Except that it made my skin itch like crazy. I didn't realize when I bought this that it had parabens, which I'm allergic to :/ so it's my bad, I just wish LUSH had more paraben-free products :(