April 17, 2014 | 955 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - LUSH Massage Bar - Hottie

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by breyerchic04

You need this. It's a solid bar that melts when it touches skin, when you purchase it there are bumps on one side, those go away with just a few uses, so don't count on it really providing accupressure or anything. What it does is create a nice sweet and spicy oil that rubs into skin easily for massage, I like to use it with a plastic massage thing with four "limbs" that rub the skin. The scent lingers on your skin for several hours and the oils lightly numb or alleviate some muscle pain. It's not going to replace a painkiller but for mild pain or in addition to painkillers it's a great product. I wish that it fit in the massage bar tin, it's not the same shape as some other massage bars so it doesn't and sometimes it'll break in use. I haven't noticed that it causes clogged pores or breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by kelka

This is such an amazing massage bar. It melts into skin and creates a lovely oil massaging.

I can't get over how Devine it smells, the smell does not fade after use either.

It is so relaxing and I can't get enough of it. It makes your skin feel incredible. My boyfriend also loves it. Will buy forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by lushie22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I havent used this yet, but from what ive read its GREAT. im not a huge fan of the smell but the person in lush said it would become more of a vanilla scent when in contact with my skin. I HOPE SO!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Vdkies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As a girl with sore muscles, I was looking forward to getting my hands on the Hottie massage bar. However, I made the mistake of ordering it online instead of going into the store and smelling it first! When I first opened the packaging, I thought it smelled of hay, like hay that a horse has been eating all day. I was initially turned off, but I love Lush and their products, so I decided to give it a go.

Fast forward to me using Hottie....I took a nice warm bath, and then decided to use it - big mistake. Not only did it do nothing for my poor, sore shoulder, it made everything (including my bath robe!) smell like horse hay. I can't even have this bar in my room, it was there for maybe 2 hours and my room smelled of it for a few days afterwards.

It's currently wrapped in two bags in the bottom shelf of my bathroom cupboards, never to see day light again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with Lush massage bars. I don't spend money on the soaps or bath bombs: I'd rather have a massage bar! Hottie has a spicy more than sweet smell and it's delicious. The bumps on it are great while they last. This works as a moisturizer and massage aid, and I use it for both purposes. I can't wait to try them all, for I have been pleased with every one I've tried so far! (I have a review for Mange Too as well.) One thing I was a bit disappointed in is that this does not tingle for sore muscles as advertised. But the smell makes up for this fact!

I tried using this as a moisturizer and it's too clogging and rich for daily use. Weekly use is better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetcuppincakes

I love it and it doesn't break my back out, HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! It is the first massage bar which I have used and I will never go back to oil again.
This one smells great and feels lovely on the skin. I don't however find it warming at all.
I will try another couple I have had my eye on, but I am sure I will give this one another go.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really did enjoy this product. The smell, the texture, the massaging balls...everything. Except that it made my skin itch like crazy. I didn't realize when I bought this that it had parabens, which I'm allergic to :/ so it's my bad, I just wish LUSH had more paraben-free products :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I'd like to start by saying the smell of this is very, very potent... If I have a bar in my room or bathroom, even if it is in a tin or bag, I can still smell it very strongly. Having said that, I do not mind this because I enjoy the scent. It is a warm, spicy scent of ginger and a touch of vanilla. On my skin, it warms to a vanillary soapy scent, and I get a few complements if I have used this.

The bar is, as mentioned below, moulded to have round balls that help with relaxing your muscles. These do feel nice on your skin but obviously after some uses they disappear as the bar melts into your skin.

It leaves my skin very, very soft and is a great moisturiser. I enjoy the feeling of slight warmth it gives my skin and this this is perfect for massages.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hottie is meant for sore, aching muscles... and it smells absolutely gorgeous. This particular massage bar contains black pepper oil, jojoba, shea and cocoa butter along with ginger and vanilla absolute. The bar has moulded bumps on top that feel amazing running along my back and shoulders. Bliss! I used this all over and my skin was velvety soft for 2 days, even after showering. Love it! So relaxing...