October 31, 2014 | 792 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Volupte Sheer Candy - Luscious Cherry #06

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I have pigmented lips so I wasn't expecting much from this particular line. Wow was I put in my place quickly. Pigmentation is on point. It actually translates as a nice red but an understated red. Not traffic stopping red but a nice glowy red. One swipe and I get a nice pinky/red flush while several swipes will give me a true red with my natural lip color peaking thru. I have nothing like it in my current collection so I feel like I hit the jackpot. Now I feel the need to collect a few more so LC isn't lonely.lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

What can I add that hasn't been said about this lovely l/s...it's lovely, subtle, gives a great 'red' for those of us who do not want screaming red lips. This is not to be confused with other lame balms e.g. L'Oreal Balm (the worst). YSL's Sheer Candy balms are in a class by themselves. I'm not fond of the packaging, it's a little heavy and rather like a weapon...I've been spoiled by NARS l/s tubes. Just a no brainer red.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by NYCShopaholic

I've been searching for a pretty truly sheer lipstick with real color and this is it! And for something this shiny it has decent staying power, too. I'd been wearing Nars sheer shades but they are just too intense, not really sheer ENOUGH, so my routine had been to apply the Nars and then blot most of it off. But I've officially retired Nars now that I've found this. Yes, YSL is pricey. But it's great. And the tube is gorgeous. It feels like a treat to use it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

These are what I'd imagined Revlon Lip Butters to be like: ultra moisturizing with a slight smack of color. They come in identical packaging as the Rouge Volupte, except in silver and not gold. Same heavy, sturdy, and gorgeous packaing that YSL is oh so famous for. The color is very sheer, so pretty much anybody can pull it off. #5 and #6 actually pretty much look identical on the lips, even though #6 looks like an intimidating color in the tube. Only bad thing I can say about this is that it is not very long-wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

#4 was the first of these I bought, and that was only because #6 was out. I'm a diehard fan of red lip products. Anything red, whether it's gloss, lipstick, stain, I'm obsessed! And now I have a red balm!

This is a wonderful sheer red with the tiniest amount of shimmer. It's such a small amount of shimmer, it's almost more for a "glow" effect than a shimmery effect. It's sheer, but not as sheer as many red-tinted glosses. It's the perfect red for an occasion when you want/need a more subdued lipcolour, such as a job interview or professional setting. It's also great for a hot day when you want to go lighter on your make-up and not risk things feeling heavy or melting away.

You don't need a lipliner underneath, as the formula doesn't feather. You don't need a mirror to apply; it's as simple to apply as a balm. The packaging is gorgeous, sturdy, and the design cradles the cylinder of balm (unlike many products where the product vulnerable to banging around in the plastic tube. Has a light, fruity scent and just a smidge of fruity flavour.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

best lipstick in the world!!!! any shade is amazing they are buttery soft they are also beautifully shher and glossy and they apply so smoothly that I finf myself having a happy moment when applying this, they have a steep proce but so very worth it!!! absolutely amazing and delicious!!! I have to add that they also smell lovely and the package is pretty.... If you can save up really try one if you cant just apply some at your local counter this is like SPA for your lips and a luxury all women should expirience at least onece in their lifetime

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this stuff is gorgeous. a little like benetint, but it comes in the most gorgeous tube and lasts longer, and feels better. and the smell is divine-i love these. they are so pretty-totally puts me in a better mood to use these. pricey, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jgraff100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite lipstick ever. I hadn't bought a YSL lipstick before this and decided to splurge. I have sensitive lips that chap easily, but this acts as a balm, too. The only other lipstick I've tried that doesn't chap me is Clinique. The sheer color is buildable (I'm older and heavy matte lip looks are just not for me anymore) and the stain lasts for hours, even if you eat. I want more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am already a monster fan of the Volupte line (see my other reviews), so I was thrilled to hear about the Sheer Candy line. First things first: It has the same beautiful packaging as the regular line -- indestructible, classy, perfect weight and size. Sheer Candy is described as a "glossy balm" -- and that (hallelujah) is exactly what it is. It feels sheer but substantial, somewhat like Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment, but without the extra greasiness. The pigmentation is excellent... wonderful, sheer color that has the staying power and "color presence" of a glossy lipstick. #6 Luscious Cherry is a lovely, everyday-wearable, apple red shade with very minimal shimmer. The "cherry" name doesn't fit here... it's not a deep, dark red. Think Macintosh apples. A simple, cheerful red that works well on all ages -- nothing too overpowering. The slight shimmer in this shade has more of a "luminizing" effect than a glittery effect. And the scent! Totally delicious -- fruity, but not chemically -- just a delightful, happy, I'm-smelling-tropical-fruit scent. Yet another HG from YSL.