October 25, 2014 | 1801 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Rose Paris #27

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL! :) I'm so happy because splurging on a lipstick is NOT my thing...$34...I know, I know I'm insane but hey it was totally worth it. This is my all time favorite lipstick and heres why:
1. Non drying (medications I'm on dry out my lips so its super hard for me)
2. Stays on forever (even after beverages and food)
3. The bright pinky coral color is so lovely. It brightens up my whole complexion
4. Gold packing is really elegant and fancy
5. Just feels so creamy and luxurious on the lips, I will forever love this. HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This lipstick looks exactly like MAC Chatterbox on me (which is half the cost). I enjoy the mango scent and the intense pigmentation BUT I hate the texture. It has a Vaseline-like quality such that it just sits on the lips. I love matte and satin textures because they last forever so lipsticks like this are just too slippery. Color was gone after about 3 hours...

but the PACKAGING is absolutely stunning. I love pulling this product out in front of others, it is so glamorous. I honestly enjoy these lippies for the exterior alone. They are fantastic on the outside, but for the price, not so much on the inside.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging attracted me to this lipstick first, it's so beautiful and looks expensive as it should be for what I paid haha.
The Colour is a really bright pink and my pale skin helps me pull this off, I get compliments a lot when I wear this.
I wouldn't recommend wearing this if you have flaky dry lips as it looks quite obvious.
I would wear this in winter as it's really moisturizing and not wear it in summer as it would be too humid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Such an amazing lipstick for summer. A hot pinky/coral color, not too dissimilar to Viva Glam Nicki, but with wayyy better formula. It is smooth, creamy and lasts for a very long time. Does not dry out my lips, but I do recommend wearing a balm underneath.

At first I thought the size/shape of the bullet was a bit obtruse, but it has grown on me. It makes application effortless.

The color also leaves behind a nice popsicle-esque stain on your lips that I enjoy.

Will be going back to YSL for a few other Rouge Voluptes as these are a nice splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My new favorite lippie! This color stood out to me as the brightest of the Rouge Volupte line and it wears so well. The experience starts with such fine, weighted gold packaging, it's like handling jewelry. When you twist up the lipstick and apply it to your lips, they are covered with an opaque, aromatic, glossy, buttery, super comfortable color which wears so well on my NC35 skin. As it fades it leaves behind a nice color which blends in nicely with my lips & skintone. Definite repurchase. A real winner for YSL!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by rucci80

Ysl lipsticks are divine with creamy pigmented colours and an amazing gold case.
This lipstick was not like the swatch I saw on strawberry net . It looks like a Light each pink colour but when I received it it was almost hot pink in colour.
It also stained the lips which I guess makes it long lasting but being soooo bright I did have to tissue off a bit and put my Mac high tea nude colour over it.
I am nc 20 in Mac but this colour was way too pink and teeny bopper for me.quite Katy Perry or gwen stefani colours.
I usually blot it on my lips and smudge lips together and put gloss over it to make it my worthwhile.
Disappointed in the colour. Try checking out swatches online, it's not consistent either from websites, only consistent by real users. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very bright, pigmented lipstick, that I mostly wear in summer.
It is orange but in a strange, unique way. Very "Diva" colour.
As with #10, I can wear it right from the tube for a very bright effect, or I can use a lip brush for a more wearable, but still bright version. Last is the finger application, were I just wear it as stain.
The cream consistency is great, strangely it does not bleed. I expect to have about 2 hours wear (with coffee drinking and all) and from there it starts to wear off. But I do not have to worry about reapplying because as it wears out it does so gradually, leaving a nice stain in my lips.
It has a strong scent, personally I do not mind. What I do mind about is that it is a little drying. If I am to wear my Voluptes daily I need to apply and reapply a good deal of lip balm when I get home and until I sleep.
The case is lovely, the mirror is funny and the idea of the colour "zone" is just brilliant.
It seems like it will last forever. So much product and so little needed each time. I even mixed it with my R.Volupte #24 and made a lovely shade.
I am happy with this purchase but I do not think I will buy again. I have made my whim but it is not worth this price again imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own five of these lipsticks, and they are my go-to HG lipsticks every week. I've written in previous Volupte reviews about the fabulous pigmentation, smoothness, and staying power of this line, as well as the added SPF 15 benefit. #27 Rose Paris is a stunning, candy-like, very bright, matte pink-coral. It's got a hint of tropical playfulness, but it's a bit retro in personality -- sort of "Mad Men" meets the Riviera. Definitely a beautiful spring/summer color. Because of the intense pigmentation, this is a bright shade meant to add a real pop of color to the face. Excellent shade for photos, even for a wedding, if you're looking for a happy, bright lip. Its coral undertones, though, can emphasize the color of your teeth. If your teeth are lovely and white, this shade is genius. If not, you may want to choose another bright Volupte color (like Rose Culte) that has more blue undertones.