December 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Adrenaline

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not usually a fan of pencil lipsticks but love these Urban Decay ones so much I may have needed to buy four of them :)

Adrenaline is a beautiful bright Fuchsia pink with a metallic shimmer, on me it does not pull any red at all, for reference I am NC15 yellow under-toned skin, blonde hair and my lips don't have dark pigmentation. This glides on smoothly, feels comfortable and has an average wear time on me of a few hours. Also looks great toned down over a lighter pink lipstick for a more muted colour.

I have the Grindhouse pencil sharpener, but these lip pencils sharpen just as effectively with the NYX or Australis jumbo sharpeners I have, so if you are looking at these pencils and don't want to pay that much for a sharpener any jumbo sharpener will do the trick.

I don't think these pencils would last as long as a traditional lipstick as they do need sharpening often and mine are going down rather fast. But the colours are unique enough they would be a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by tinkaday

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this new lip line by Urban Decay. I have this in Big Bang and Adrenaline. They go on smoothly, have decent lasting power, fade to a stained look, and their little glitters stay on my lips with little migration.

I'd rather have these in a classic twist lipstick form, but it's a minor quibble. F-Bomb will soon be joining its friends in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although I can not stand lip pencils, the quality of the Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Glosses is so good that I will tolerate the lip pencil and Urban Decay which I usually do not do well with at all. All of the colors are somewhat moisturizing and stay on VERY well. I don't have problems with peeling lips and feathering like I do with many other brands.

ADRENALINE- a warm red fuchsia color metallic which is in the direction more of MAC Impassioned in color, but not exactly. It is not gritty and is also flattering on me which am between NW25 and NC37 right now (due to tanning, but cool colors still work on me). The point makes it easy to line and put on this color.

These are exclusives to Sephora at this time and cost $19 which is a bit steep, imo. Also, no other sharpener seems to work like the Urban Decay Grindhouse which also irritates me because it is $10. But it does save product and not waste it.

I rarely like anything from Urban Decay, but the FBomb lip color is so perfect and hypnotizing that I made an exception and got one. The finish of Adrenaline makes it also very glamorous and not tacky looking.

If they could get this in lipstick form instead of lip pencil, it would be PERFECT. There is no other lip color I have ever tried which looks like this one. It has an extra punch that no other brand seems to have. The finish is perfect too- not too glittery and not too shiny. Sparkles don't tend to migrate as much as they do with most sparkle lipsticks.

I would say this is reminiscent of MAC Dazzle Lipsticks but a little more durable.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

IN LOVE with this new line from UD... my favorite makeup brand. I actually purchased the color Big Bang (also a Korean group I adore so it was meant to me) and the first time I used- I was hooked. When I swatched all the colors on my hand I wanted every one of them but Big Bang is just so Fuschia pink and sparkly as fairy jizz! So it had to be mine. I will collect every color and I suggest you do the same!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted this from the time I saw it on the sephora website! I love the idea that it is a full color lipstick in pencil form. Adrenaline is a hot pink color with microglitter. Not a neon fushia color, but more of a warm fuchsia as described on sephora.com. I would not wear this during the day (unless I was going for a funky look), but it will be perfect for a evening out or to a party. It applies easily and is opaque. The glitter is noticeable, and a red color. It is not as gritty as in some lipsticks, but I do feel it when I rub my lips together. The pencil wears well and does not bleed, which is a plus. I plan on picking up F bomb or Punch Drunk next.